Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 07:16:15 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Speaker match with ZMA (Read 1227 times)
Ahb3u
Verified Member

Speaker match with ZMA
02/16/22 at 11:19:38

Hi guys,

I am new here, on the list for a mystery!  I am moving my setup to a smaller room. 10 h 13.5 x 15. Right now I have a well sorted server using an oppo 205 modified by Modwright with a 6922 based tube output and rectified lps as a DAC and SACD player.  The current is amp is solid state modwright integrated. Speakers are Wilson Duette with a REL subwoofer. It sounds awesome but I want to move to all tubes. So I am on the ZMA build list. I will move the new setup to the new room so should I buy new stands for the Duettes (89 dB) or trade in for something new?  Pricing sound anchors for them is 975 so I am a bit unexcited about that commitment when I have an opportunity to change it up!  Thx for your insight!

EtherRegen/AfterDark Double Emperor clock> Innuos Zenith SE> Phoenix USB reclocker>Modwright Oppo205 and TD125>VosneRomanee>SE84ufo25> Caintuck Magnum Lii F15, Rel S510, Townshend Supertweeters and vibration control; Sound Application SA-XE Line power conditioner
  IP Logged
Bhamm
Verified Member

Re: Speaker match with ZMA
Reply #1 - 06/27/22 at 23:44:49

Replying to 4 month old question.

I used stand mount Elac 3-ways that were 85dB sensitive with the ZMA.  They were right at the threshold of unsuitable due to lack of loud volume when needed.  And I’m listening to mostly classic rock and blues.  I recently purchased some paradigm premier 700 F floor standers with 91db sensitive in room specs.  Now, the ZMA will lift the roof if I want it to.  I much prefer a surplus of volume for those times when I think I need it.  And buying $1000 stands when you will likely never get that money back may not be the best investment.  Good luck.

IP Logged
Carlsbad
Seasoned Member

Re: Speaker match with ZMA
Reply #2 - 07/04/22 at 05:11:39

I like high efficiency speakers with any tube amp.  I am very, very happy with Tekton encores.

Decware SE84UFO w/20th mods
Grimm MU1 Streamer
Lampizator Golden Gate 3 DAC
Tekton Encore Speakers
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print