03/29/24 at 00:46:15 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Is it possible? (Read 1776 times)
MikeinMontana
Seasoned Member

Is it possible?
01/30/22 at 18:58:15

With the current supply chain problems and the popularity of Decware increasing by the day, is it possible that some on the build list would take advantage and ad to their order last minute with the intent of hocking on ebay etc? I can understand a change on an amp, but adding more equipment or amps etc. puts those additions in front too? I would think it would be ripe for scalping~ It's happening everywhere else so?...  I wish I were wrong on this. So much bs, so little time. Take care all ~Mike

IP Logged
michaelG

Re: Is it possible?
Reply #1 - 01/30/22 at 19:08:08

Hello, I think everything is possible. I saw an ufo 2 priced above "retail" on canuck audio a few month ago. I never saw decware amps on ebay recently (or I missed them).
On my side I'm 450+ on a UFO and 800+ on a zrock and still wondering If I should ask to gather orders...

IP Logged
lazb
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 01/30/22 at 19:42:27

michael, Canadian$ vs. US$ exchange rates make Canuck Audio prices seem higher than US prices. just sayin'

IP Logged
michaelG

Reply #3 - 01/30/22 at 20:32:22

My bad, I should have been more specific in my previous post. But It was more than retail after conversion.
Maybe it was a ufo not a ufo 2 but in any case it was even specified in the ad "skip the waiting list"
And the ad stayed for just a few days so I feel buyers are willing to pay more for a shorter waiting time.

IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #4 - 01/30/22 at 21:56:35

Here is one piece of overlooked information.  While it’s possible for someone to add a second item to their order and then sell it afterward….the lifetime warranty doesn’t transfer until it’s sent back to the mothership for a once over and a new set of tubes.  There is a separate shipping cost and the warranty transfer cost that’s incurred.  You can be looking at like 300 - 400 bucks.  

All Decware has to do is implement a stipulation that prevents a new build from being transferred until after a specific amount of time….like maybe half the time of the current waitlist…or something along those lines…and/or tac on an additional percentage for the transfer for new build transfers.  If I was Decware that’s what I would consider.  

Decware products are so worth the wait, that it wouldn’t stop me from ordering.  Hence I am currently on the list for a ZROCK2… which I won’t get for like a year or more.

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 01/30/22 at 22:48:05

Nothing like looking for solutions to a non-problem.  The energy it'd take to make a little money this way could make a lot of money another.  And besides, I bet Sarah would pick it up in a flash!   Cool

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
michaelG

Reply #6 - 01/31/22 at 02:16:06

Indeed, I think the most common situation would be, due to long wait list and high resale value: buy 3 different models, choose one and sell the other 2.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print