Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 08:08:55 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Order processing times (Read 5647 times)
reflective-granny
Verified Member

Order processing times
01/25/22 at 23:04:38

Dear all.
I am not sure this was asked before; had trouble finding the answer.
I am aware that there is no such thing like average waiting time but what is the rough estimated waiting time for an amplifier from the moment of placing the order? I ma asking amidst covid etc...  
I've heard that a man needs to be really patient but what time frame are we talking about here? A month? Half a year? More?
Would love to hear from those who happened to receive their amps in the recent months.
Thanks

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Re: Order processing times
Reply #1 - 01/25/22 at 23:40:40

There are currently 964 entries on the wait list. Units from February, 2021 are currently being tested, then they go to packing and finally shipping. I also believe Steve Deckert hopes to hire one or more technicians, but they're hard to find. Also someone recently called and was told the wait was 10-12 months.

With likely supply chain issues on top of the long wait list, I would count on at least one year and maybe a bit longer. Everyone seems to have their own opinion on this. Just read other threads.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 01/26/22 at 05:54:23

1 to 2 years.

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
reflective-granny
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 01/26/22 at 08:58:56

Thanks.

IP Logged
AshutoshM
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 02/07/22 at 16:16:23

Been watching the list for a while now.  That last unit being build is from March 2021 which has not changed for the last month or so.  

My order is from early May 2021.  I would love to think my unit will come through in May 2022 but I am not hopeful

IP Logged
Skip
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 02/08/22 at 22:19:24

AshutoshM,

We're in the same club! Put my order in May 3rd, 2021. Hoping for May 2022.

Cheers,
Skip

IP Logged
Burgermeester
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 02/25/22 at 09:36:23

I wonder if Steve could weigh in on this but -- I would think the skills needed to assemble a Decware amp would have been "the" regular skills of anyone in electronics up into the 1980s.

Gear isn't made that way anymore, though I sure remember being fascinated by the tube testing machines in GROCERY STORES in the 1960s. What's the deal with all the holes?

Still, are skilled solderers familiar with the parts they're soldering THAT hard to find? I can sort of understand, yet, I can't. Seems like there must be a lot of codgers above 60 rattling around out there with mad soldering skills...

IP Logged
swill
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 03/10/22 at 20:47:28

I'm trying to be patient too, but I'm starting to wonder. I put in my order in July of 2021 and when I asked about a lead time, was sheepishly told it was running 8 months.

I think there were 800 or so orders in front of me then. It has been 8 months and there are 418 in front of me now.

I wonder if the current goings on are going to impact the ability to get the Russian tubes the Zen uses.

IP Logged
AshutoshM
Verified Member

Reply #8 - 03/15/22 at 16:13:23

I see the build list moved from the beginning of March 2021 to the end of March 2021 - inching forward  :).

The situation in Europe is going to make the parts supply to be even more challenging.  I am resetting my expectations for my May 2021 order to closer to the end of the summer.

IP Logged
Coyote
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 03/26/22 at 22:35:11

Hi All,

If we do not count Nekko who is likely just offering moral support.

The De Von, Anna and Sarah (and a one recently hired) team on the admin side of things they are left with:

- Josh, the "parts guy", he is possibly going to have a headache soon due to parts availability but ordering 100 or 1,000 pieces once sourced is the same and will have the power of large qty to negotiate with suppliers.
- Jake, QC and packing. This guy will be busy with QC if building capability increases and packing might be creating a bottle neck, the last thing one wants is to skip on QC here, as an oversight creates all sorts of issues and returns and lost time and profits and lost reputation.
- Denis, Paul, Dave. (I will leave Steve out of this) these 3 guys build 35-40 units a month on average. Lets say 12 unit each/mth.
Add one engineer, as a newbie he/she might produce 6 units/mth. under Steve supervision and ramp-up within a few months, that is 12 units more.
I think now Steve has someone dedicated for repairs and upgrades so the engineers are dedicated to building so maybe 15 units a month each.

My guess is by the summer of 2022 we could see 56 or even 66 units a month. this due to one/two more engineers, one dedicated packer, one dedicated QC and one free owner to supervise everything technical.

Obviously I do not know what options Steve will take. What I see is a six to nine months "crunch", starting after Steve has found his people where the waiting list will continue to grow before Decware catches up.

So the size of the waiting list increasing does not really mean the wait to get your product will increase.

In one 30 day period early 2022 they had a production deficit of +/-60 units/mth. With one or two dedicated engineers and speeding-up the QC and packaging process, then averaging that some months get more orders some months get less (and with Steve available as an emergency builder after the new engineers are trained) they are pretty much on top of the situation.

Also, there is value in having to wait for a custom handmade product.

My 2¢
:-)

Always look on the bright side of life...

Cheers,

a.

My modest system:
SE84UFO2.(2).
Quad mono 303 (x2) + 33 + FM3.
Marantz 2235.
Schiit Mani.
Technic SL23.
Thorens TD160 MKII + SME III tonearm. Ortophon OM10.
Oppo CD/DVD.
Celestion Ditton 66 studio.
Lii F15 in Betsy type OB.
ATAUDIO 12TC Pure OCC.
  IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #10 - 03/26/22 at 23:31:30

This brings something up in my mind. I don’t think I’ve seen this discussed here?

I know that ZU Audio (as an example) will have certain speaker models unavailable for months at a time. They are advertised as “available again at a certain date”.

I wonder if Steve has considered this? I know that a business does not want to turn consumers away, but if there is an advertised “available again at this date” then it gives Decware time to catch up some, and the consumer knows that he can order in the near future.

Good idea? Bad idea?

Anyway, just a thought 🤔

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
Ghostship
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 04/06/22 at 23:25:14

I ordered in August 2021 and was 777th on a list of 784. Since then the list had ballooned to 1500 orders, while I've moved up the list an average of 45 places per month (now 418th).

We used to be able to add to our orders while keeping the same place in line...this policy has changed. I'm confident orders are now being processed at a slightly faster pace.

Even if they aren't, I don't care. I am perfectly happy sitting here waiting for audio perfection.

Paul Pang Quad Network Switch & Fiber
MSB Premier DAC
Zen Sarah SEWE300B
Cryotone Bundle
Tekton 2-12 Perfect SET Speakers w/ BE Tweeters and Cap & Wiring upgrades
Tekton 2-10 Sub
  IP Logged
Coyote
Seasoned Member

Reply #12 - 04/18/22 at 20:15:18

Ghostship,

I feel the same.

:-)

a.

My modest system:
SE84UFO2.(2).
Quad mono 303 (x2) + 33 + FM3.
Marantz 2235.
Schiit Mani.
Technic SL23.
Thorens TD160 MKII + SME III tonearm. Ortophon OM10.
Oppo CD/DVD.
Celestion Ditton 66 studio.
Lii F15 in Betsy type OB.
ATAUDIO 12TC Pure OCC.
  IP Logged
Burgermeester
Seasoned Member

Reply #13 - 05/07/22 at 10:47:06

I'm a believer in made in USA but I think anything woodworking-related should be left to the Chinese, given the expansion in Decware's profile. Gotta watch the quality but they specialize in tonnage and speed. They do this work in factories, not backyard woodshops. If they know you will reject anything not perfect, they will produce perfect (otherwise not).

Opposing views (which I'm sure there are) would have to take into account what US-side woodworkers are actually producing. We talk about the list but what is not on the list and is ZAPF or speaker-related is taking a year or so as well.

I was informed that a speaker cabinet takes longer to assemble than an amp. Makes sense, given the hand work, fit an finish etc.

Meanwhile I got my Tube Tots in a month and the quality is superb.

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #14 - 05/07/22 at 11:43:14

Quote:
I'm a believer in made in USA but I think anything woodworking-related should be left to the Chinese, given the expansion in Decware's profile. Gotta watch the quality but they specialize in tonnage and speed. They do this work in factories, not backyard woodshops. If they know you will reject anything not perfect, they will produce perfect (otherwise not).

I think there is a lot wrong with this at so many levels.

John

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
Burgermeester
Seasoned Member

Reply #15 - 05/08/22 at 11:37:42

No problem, I get that comment a lot.

Should say one thing: as an offshore resident I have to pay 100% up front. So putting up $8000 in advance for something that will arrive in two years -- maybe -- kind of biases me.

Peace and love.

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #16 - 05/08/22 at 13:59:47

Yes, I hear you Burgermeester. A 2 year(maybe 3 now) wait is way too long for an item especially if it is new and unheard. One consolation is placing a order now will give a holding marker for change to whatever Steve conjores up in that time.

SmileyJohn

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #17 - 05/08/22 at 14:26:03

I'm still . . . amazed is perhaps the right word? . . . that Steve has built a sensational 300B amp.

Going to be something special.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #18 - 05/08/22 at 15:19:34

Quote:
Posted by: Burgermeester      Posted on: Today at 11:37:42

...Should say one thing: as an offshore resident I have to pay 100% up front...

That is no longer true, it changed late last year. The new product pages, e.g.:

https://www.decwareproducts.com/se84ufo25

reflect that, even if the old ones haven't been updated.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
mperdue63
Seasoned Member

Reply #19 - 05/11/22 at 14:02:26

I may have missed something but it looks like the order build list has stopped moving?New orders are being added, but it looks like the builds are on hold. Maybe vacations etc? I sure couldn't blame them for taking a few days to rest.

LHY SW10}HiFi Rose 130RS}Holo Audio May KTE}Decware Sarah #003}Spatial Audio X5's
  IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 05/11/22 at 14:47:55

Noticed that too. The Decware crew have been working hard this year. Hope they have some great time off. They deserve it. Also wishing everyone is heathy and well.

IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #21 - 05/11/22 at 23:33:17

I certainly don't begrudge the Decware crew any time off, but I could be they just haven't updated the front of the list in a while.

IP Logged
Burgermeester
Seasoned Member

Reply #22 - 05/19/22 at 02:31:04

It's definitely time to start thinking in terms of minimum 3-year delivery turnaround.

I sure am glad I got in "early" (2.5-year wait) and didn't wake up to the reality until I'd been on the list for several months and was "hooked." The sunk cost fallacy, I guess.

Waiting time is just a pay-money & take-choice kind of thing. No harm, no foul if it takes what it takes. If DW could deliver faster, they would.

But long waits guarantee that you can't explore what DW has to offer in any kind of interactive way with follow-up purchases. I personally think people should be able to change/add to their orders once placed, pretty much freely. It surely can't have that much impact on new customers (I mean, how much worse could it be than it already is?).

It would also be a bit of compassion for people who change their minds over time, as is common when a customer has to wait years to consummate a purchasing decision. If changing/adding to orders is not possible or limited, how about a banner that says THREE YEAR WAIT on the home page? People should know what they're getting into w/o learning how to interpret the list view.

None of this is criticism of DW, and I for one am pretty tired of The Defenders of Steve. Feasible turnaround time is an objective problem, like limited life span, the speed of light etc. Output is what it is, it's the messaging around it that I think needs a bit more TLC.

For me personally, I wouldn't order anything further from DW that wasn't going to arrive in weeks at most. And that seems too bad, but there are other gear makers with comparable stuff that is available right now -- as Thomas very diplomatically but clearly points out in his review, which may be why it didn't generate much comment.

There seem to be people out there who are only more motivative by the prospect of waiting, not 6 months or a year, but two or three years. Well, at least I know that when I get my gear, I can put it on Ebay w/o unboxing it and probably make 25%. Somehow that doesn't make me happy though.

IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #23 - 05/19/22 at 03:45:35

Quote:
Posted by: Burgermeester      Posted on: Today at 02:31:04

...I personally think people should be able to change/add to their orders once placed, pretty much freely.

You can change orders from one model to another, and you can change options but you can't add more electronics to your existing order.

IP Logged
Skip
Verified Member

Reply #24 - 05/20/22 at 19:55:15

I placed my order in early May, 2021. Now at 110 on the list. It's pure agony waiting to get under the 100 mark. Smiley.

I get a T-shirt. Smiley

IP Logged
Dr3wman
Seasoned Member

Reply #25 - 05/20/22 at 23:09:19

Skip,

That is exciting, especially considering it seems that the list has basically ground to a halt the last 3weeks. At least as far as what they are updating.

Torii MKV/25 mods
PS Audio Stellar Phono Preamplifier
Technics SL-1200GR w/ Nagaoka MP-200.
KLH Model 3 speakers..
Sonos connect.
  IP Logged
Bilyeaux
Seasoned Member

Reply #26 - 05/21/22 at 14:00:02

I ordered a ZSB in March 22, and will have it next week! They are working to expedite non-complicated electronics, I was shocked and very cool!

ARC LS25MK2, UFO2.1 & Denafrips Pontus II DAC, PSA P300 Regen, Rega P6 w/ NEO and Rega MM Phono, Marantz CD6006, Bluesound Node 2i, Nakamitchi Cassette, Syzygy Sub, Omega JR XRS Towers & 74' Heresy rebuilt from Crites, ZWIRE speaker, DSRXLR, AQ connects
  IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #27 - 05/21/22 at 14:06:21

Steve did mention a long time ago about stream lining easy builds. Good to see it is happening.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #28 - 05/21/22 at 14:11:16

Posted by Devon yesterday in the Decware Fans page on Facebook:

NOW HIRING: High End Audio company In need of a technician to point to point solder/build product. Willing to train, but should posess decent soldering skills. If interested please p.m. me.

If you're tagged in this post please share with your friends if possible.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Dr3wman
Seasoned Member

Reply #29 - 05/21/22 at 15:43:53

It is pretty fun to scroll down the list and see pieces in progress that are quite a bit down, my brother-in-law had a Zbit that he will be getting much earlier than expected. It is a good plan to clear those orders out.

Torii MKV/25 mods
KLH Model 3 speakers..
Sonos connect.
  IP Logged
michaelG

Reply #30 - 05/21/22 at 21:53:36

I’m wondering if zrocks will be part of the smaller electronics getting built first

IP Logged
Bilyeaux
Seasoned Member

Reply #31 - 05/22/22 at 21:41:35

If you have one or want to order just call Sarah she’ll let you know

ARC LS25MK2, UFO2.1 & Denafrips Pontus II DAC, PSA P300 Regen, Rega P6 w/ NEO and Rega MM Phono, Marantz CD6006, Bluesound Node 2i, Nakamitchi Cassette, Syzygy Sub, Omega JR XRS Towers & 74' Heresy rebuilt from Crites, ZWIRE speaker, DSRXLR, AQ connects
  IP Logged
michaelG

Reply #32 - 05/23/22 at 01:15:30

I’m on the waiting list for one… a few month Smiley

IP Logged
Dr3wman
Seasoned Member

Reply #33 - 05/23/22 at 01:39:01

Wow, that’s great news, I may have to go ahead and order one. I’m down to 250ish for my amp so it’s possible they could arrive around the same time.

Torii MKV/25 mods
KLH Model 3 speakers..
Sonos connect.
  IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Reply #34 - 05/23/22 at 21:14:31

those in quality control have been for quite some time. did someone get ill?

there's like 20 and counting.

scratch the above....stupid post. it has to be due to steve being very busy with his 300B.

IP Logged
MontanaDude
Verified Member

Reply #35 - 08/10/23 at 17:27:25

Haven't been watching the list like a hawk. Just checked in and am seeing that I'm on page 6, ordered in August of 2022. Any estimates on when I may expect this to be pulled for parts?

Not in any rush at all, just want to allocate my audio expenditures/savings as effectively as possible in the interim.

Thanks.

IP Logged
Dr3wman
Seasoned Member

Reply #36 - 08/10/23 at 17:49:11

I have not been following the pace of work since I received my amp last November, but if it is still roughly 50 orders per month, and there are 200 orders per page, that should give you a rough idea. Once parts are pulled it's usually 2-3 weeks give or take until it ships.

Torii MKV/25 mods
KLH Model 3 speakers..
Sonos connect.
  IP Logged
MontanaDude
Verified Member

Reply #37 - 08/10/23 at 23:32:36

Thank you! This lead me to purchase some new gear today (Cary VT-500) while I continue to save for my Decware orders.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print