Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Amplifier wait time
Reply #1 - 01/19/22 at 17:15:47

Depending on staffing changes possible in the future, at least 8 months is a guess.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Dr3wman
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 01/19/22 at 17:21:41

I'd say 8 months at the very lowest end.

Decware has plans to add staff but I am not sure what that will do to production rate.

I ordered a Torii MKV at the beginning of June, and I am in the 400s on the wait list - I've moved up roughly 300 spots in that time.

Torii MKV/25 mods
PS Audio Stellar Phono Preamplifier
Technics SL-1200GR w/ Nagaoka MP-200.
KLH Model 3 speakers..
Sonos connect.
  IP Logged
Jamie M
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 01/19/22 at 19:39:25

I received mine yesterday after ordering on the 2nd Feb last year.

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 01/19/22 at 23:15:47

Congrats Jamie

IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 01/19/22 at 23:31:00

Unless something more drastic occurs, at this point you’re looking at 14-16 mos.

Serious recommendation: submit your order then proceed to forget that happened.

Brad

IP Logged
Tooppy
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 01/20/22 at 15:28:32

I think a year is the actual time needed, I ordered last May and I am still far away in the list.
It doesn't bother me one bit ! It gives me time to refine the rest of my set-up.

IFI Streamer - RME_ADI2_DAC_FS - SE84_UFO-2,1 - LII_F15 in Karlsonator DIY - Decware interconnect - DIY speaker cable - Thorens TD166MKII_Grace G707+A&R p77+Schiit Mani - FirstWatt F5 - Klipsch KG3 - Rogers LS3/5A - Leak Sandwich modified - Grado SR125X modified
  IP Logged
VanVino
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 01/27/22 at 18:55:41

Hi, do you pay the full price (plus tax + shipping) then wait?

Sorry, for this silly question, I want to have a Decware product but don't know how the order process work.

IP Logged
Dr3wman
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 01/27/22 at 18:59:56

Van Vino:

"You have 3 ways to pay during checkout:  Full Amount with Credit Card, Full Amount with PayPal, or MANUAL Payment which means we will invoice you for a 10% deposit and the balance will be due when your order is ready to ship.

When we invoice you, you can pay with credit card, PayPal, personal check or money order."

Hope this helps.

Andrew

Torii MKV/25 mods
PS Audio Stellar Phono Preamplifier
Technics SL-1200GR w/ Nagaoka MP-200.
KLH Model 3 speakers..
Sonos connect.
  IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 01/27/22 at 19:15:15

Leonard wrote:

Quote:
Hi, how long is the wait for the SE84UFO2 amplifier ? Thanks

From what I gather, Decware has hired one more tech which has increased shipping by about 20%.  At about 50 orders shipped per month, you'd be looking at least a 20 month wait, perhaps longer unless more qualified techs are found.

The 8 to 12 month estimate is wildly incorrect.

In the world of Decware, you can't look at which order dates are shipping now and then accurately estimate what the wait times going forward will be.  For instance, the late February 2021 orders are currently shipping.  By that incorrect logic you'd conclude that the wait is about a year.

But the truth is that from March onward, thanks to a run of great reviews, the rate of orders per month has gone up dramatically while production rates have not nearly kept up with that new demand.  And it's for that reason that you're currently looking at nearly a 2 year wait.

Decware can't scale because there's only one Steve.

I ordered on March 1, 2021.  My order will ship at about the one year mark.  But the order was luckily placed before the dramatic increase in orders over the spring and summer of 2021.  

IP Logged
MikeinMontana
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 01/27/22 at 20:39:13

DancingSea, your reply there made perfect sense.Two years. I will not cancel my order, but had I known this a couple months ago.  Not getting personal here but there are reasons someone may think about time more so than others. It can suddenly become very precious. Regardless, I am set on this ~I hope for more help in there. Smiley But I do realize that good/quality help can be hard to find. I know all too well...

IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 01/27/22 at 22:06:23

MikeInMontana,

The way to accurately calculate approximate shipping months, is to take how many orders are in front of you and divide by how many orders are shipped per month.  To calculate monthly ship rates, write down your waitlist position today, and check back in 3 months. See how far you’ve moved from up and divide by 3. That gives you the ship rate.  Divide your waitlist position by that ship rate number.

I used that formula last summer to predict a mid February 2022 ship date.  It will be exactly that.

Blessings on all fronts, HiFi and health (I assume you aren’t in the witness protection program and hiding from the mob in Montana)

IP Logged
MikeinMontana
Seasoned Member

Reply #12 - 01/28/22 at 00:26:28

(I assume you aren’t in the witness protection program and hiding from the mob in Montana)     Grin  Thanks for that! Made me laugh.  All the very best right back at ya~ Mike

IP Logged
Burgermeester
Seasoned Member

Reply #13 - 01/31/22 at 03:37:48

I don't know, with this and some of the other threads about wait times -- and the impression I'm getting that the number of comments  is compounding each month -- I almost have this queasy feeling that some kind of queue apocalypse may hit any time.

People start selling places in the queue using Bitcoin. Bitcoin immediately doubles in value.

I order an amp after calculating my wait, next morning I discover it's already 4 months longer. Next day 6 months, etc.

Looking at the "real time" list starts noclipping random people into the Backrooms. Their orders disappear from the list...forever.

Thanks to a fortuitous soldering accident, Steve stumbles across a circuit configuration that eliminates wiring entirely and causes even the cheapest components to produce face-melting sound. He decides to OPTIMIZE the circuit.

I swear, I'm starting to wonder where this could lead...something's got to give

IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #14 - 01/31/22 at 03:47:08

BurgerMeester,

I'm certain all of that will happen, and more!  This is the era where conspiracy becomes reality.

But in all seriousness, the pace of shipping will only get faster once a tech or two are added.  It has already sped up noticeably since one tech was recently hired.

The only genuine risk I see is, well, Steve dying.  If he kicks the bucket, I'm guessing that would be the end of that.   Perhaps we should start a "Wellness & Longevity" GoFundMe campaign for Steve's health and well being.  They could add a masseuse and herbalist to the staff!

IP Logged
Burgermeester
Seasoned Member

Reply #15 - 01/31/22 at 03:50:15

This exact same thing occurred to me way, long, ago, and that is really WEIRD. Another sign of the End Days.

Maybe what we really need is a fund to teach E. Peoria HS students to solder.

IP Logged
Leonard
Verified Member

Reply #16 - 01/31/22 at 19:02:37

Hi it’s Leonard who asked the original question “How long is the wait time for the SE85UFO2 amplifier?” If this helps your wait time calculations, I ordered the amp in July 2021 and was recently told a few weeks ago that it will ship this July!

IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #17 - 01/31/22 at 20:04:25

July is very very optimistic…

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 02/01/22 at 01:24:01

I'm under 150 ordered second week of April. I would be happy to get mine by July.

IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #19 - 02/01/22 at 03:32:12

They seem to be shipping about 45 per month.  At #150, May is look realistic, maybe sooner....  My March 1 order just shipped today.

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 02/01/22 at 04:27:06

Decware is crushing it. Just hope the rest of the system stays strong. Next week peanut butter could run out.

Congrats on your shipment.

IP Logged
Leonard
Verified Member

Reply #21 - 02/01/22 at 19:51:03

Decware gave me a consolation prize …The incredible Lii Audio F-15 and it does sound like my Belles that regretfully I sold just a few years ago. Robinson is right !!

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 02/01/22 at 21:25:40

Leonard,

What amp are you using with your Lii F15s?

IP Logged
magicknow
Verified Member

Reply #23 - 02/03/22 at 16:39:22

does anybody know if a place in the que can be transferred to someone else?

thanks

IP Logged
Leonard
Verified Member

Reply #24 - 02/04/22 at 16:37:45

jec3504, I’m using the beautiful Zen Amp pcb version I bought 8 years ago.

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 02/05/22 at 00:29:34

Leonard,

Is that a Pass lab amp? Bet your F15's sound great.

IP Logged
Leonard
Verified Member

Reply #26 - 02/08/22 at 14:58:30

Nope, it’s a lovely Decware kit from about 8 years ago.

IP Logged
Jim L
Verified Member

Reply #27 - 11/11/22 at 21:41:36

I am currently in the mid 500s on the waiting list and was added to the list one year ago.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print