04/20/24 at 14:18:01 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Temperature (Read 746 times)
__Jon__
Verified Member

Temperature
01/13/22 at 17:20:17

I’m on the waitlist to get a zrock2 sometime in the next year or two. Because I can’t help myself, I’ve already started the process of planning to  build a fancy rack for the new gear.  I was thinking about under mounting the zrock to facilitate a simple path for interconnects and for aesthetics.  Do you think 2 inches of airflow above it would be sufficient if there was good airflow side to side and front to back?  The fact that it has a tube was concerning me regarding temperature. Anyone who owns one care to chime in?  Does it run hot like typical tube gear?  Thanks.

Jon

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Temperature
Reply #1 - 01/13/22 at 20:13:58

Jon, that will be fine. I run one of mine underneath a cadenza on isolation feet which give it about an inch from the carpet and about a half an inch clearance from the wood above. Not a single issue in two years. The ZROCK2 does not really get warm.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print