03/28/24 at 22:02:57 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Furutech Connectors (Read 835 times)
JOMAN
Seasoned Member

Furutech Connectors
01/08/22 at 03:20:26

Some time ago I installed a set of Furutech FT-211G spades on the amp end of my ZSTYX cables and was very impressed with the quality of the connecters.  Furutech says that you do not need to solder these on to the cable and that is absolutely true.  

Shortly after I bought the spades I also bought a set of Furutech FT-865G speaker binding posts but never did install them.  I sent these to Louis when I ordered my custom build Omega Vintage 8's so that he could use these on the speakers.

The speaker end of my ZSTYX cables had silver bananas and I decided to replace these so that I would have all Furutech connectors on the cables and the speakers.  Because of the limited space in which my UFO25 resides I found working with the spades to be a little awkward so I decided to put the spades on the speaker end and ordered Furutech FT-212G Bananas for the UFO25.

I prefer spades to banana plugs but after having the Furutech spades and finding that they lived up to everything that was advertised I decided to go for the FT-212G Bananas.  I installed them today and once again was VERY impressed with the quality of these banana plugs and I will now do what I rarely do... STRONGLY recommend the FT-212G as well as the FT-211-G for the quality of construction.

Both the spades and bananas will take the 8 AWG ZSTYX but the fit on the bananas is tighter.  If you do use the bananas be prepared to take your time.  Have a good look at the internals of the bananas so that you will understand how it all fits.  Remove the insulation per the instructions (yes, read the instructions first and then again) and carefully insert the stripped cable end.  You will need to use considerable pressure to get the cable end to seat itself.  If you do it slowly and carefully you will be rewarded for your efforts.  I removed the set screw so that I could see when the cable was in the position that it needs to be in.

I purchased all of these from Take Five Audio.  Working with Gene and Lyn is very much like working with all at Decware.

IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Re: Furutech Connectors
Reply #1 - 01/08/22 at 15:17:36

Agree, Furutech makes really good stuff.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print