Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 17:12:18 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Double duty 2 channel and 5.2. A different take (Read 2680 times)
MikeinMontana
Seasoned Member

Double duty 2 channel and 5.2. A different take
01/07/22 at 20:13:12

I have a separate Oppo (103) that will be used by itself plugged into the Decware , and will be swapping out speaker cables between listening sessions. I was looking for a speaker cable switcher, and I cannot find any manual ones that look like nice quality. Staying clear of powered ones. So instead, I will be looking for a 3 foot long (custom?) pair of pigtails, banana male to female. to use on our right speaker. Or maybe even both. It's a sob to get behind that one with my old bod and having lost much of my left hand/left side. Any place I should look? Attached image is sort of what I'm looking for but at least 2 feet long and of good quality. Thank you~Mike  

71nZr-Mn28L__SL1500_.jpg
  IP Logged
Lin
Ex Member

Re: Double duty 2 channel and 5.2. A different take
Reply #1 - 01/08/22 at 03:46:14

IP Logged
MikeinMontana
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 01/09/22 at 03:53:01

Actually that would work. Didn't think of just using another binding post. Banana into back of speaker, bare wire end soldered to back of those posts. Lin is that a decent quality? I surely appreciate your reply!...On the look now! ~Mike

IP Logged
Lin
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01/09/22 at 12:58:02

IP Logged
MikeinMontana
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 01/09/22 at 16:19:28

Thank you!!! Perfect! Smiley Smiley

IP Logged
Carlsbad
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 04/17/22 at 21:56:41

Mike, I know I'm late to the discussion but I am using my Dec amp and my front speakers for home theatre without swapping out cables.  I worry that any cable switch adds an opportunity to degrade the sound.  

I have a Rachel amp with 2 inputs.  I turn it all the way up and use it as an amp.  For 2 channel sound I use my preamp (built into my DAC) to control sound level.  For HT, my HT reciever is the preamp.  All I have to do to switch to home theatre is to change inputs.  

added bonus is that on each system I have a remote to control volume.

Hope your system works great and sounds awesome.

Jerry

Decware SE84UFO w/20th mods
Grimm MU1 Streamer
Lampizator Golden Gate 3 DAC
Tekton Encore Speakers
  IP Logged
MikeinMontana
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 09/14/22 at 11:49:11

I am sorry Jerry, I just ran across your reply here. I hit another speed bump a few days right before you posted in April. Love this getting older bit... Smiley  I am looking into maybe adding the one of two HT subs into the Decware, but that will be determined after receiving and listening for a while first. Your way surely seems simple enough, but I am thinking to keep the Decware completely separate of the HT receiver setup. I was once a rocket scientist before my last (2nd) trip to ICU vacation land, so don't want to switch on something with the Decware that shouldn't be on at the same time as our oppo only source. I tend to make more mistakes these days. I have a few months more to go to get my head wrapped around the best way to go for me. You're awesome Jerry. All the best and Thank You  ~Mike

IP Logged
Carlsbad
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 11/18/22 at 04:45:32

Hey mike,  for a while I had two completely seperate systems.  two huges sets of speakers, etc.  But in the end, that was totally the wrong way to go.  Now I use my decware amp in HT mode for movies or even for 2 channel TV sound (lots of shows only have 2 channel sound).  the 2 channel sound goes thru my dac, decware, to my tektons and TV has never sounded better.  My HT setup with the front 2 channels, the most important channels, powered by Decware and my premium speakers, is absolutely superb.

A lot of people don't like it because they think there is some compromise that might degrade 2 channel sound.  Not at all.  When being used for music, the 2 channel system is wired exactly like the HT system wasn't there.  No compromise.

Jerry

Decware SE84UFO w/20th mods
Grimm MU1 Streamer
Lampizator Golden Gate 3 DAC
Tekton Encore Speakers
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print