Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 11:05:00 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DecHeads in San Diego area? (Read 506 times)
DA6469
Verified Member

DecHeads in San Diego area?
01/07/22 at 00:33:36

Hello fellow DecHeads,

Do any of you live near San Diego? Would you be willing to let me listen to your Decware gear?  I bought used DM945 speakers from another Forum member and I just added my name to the amp wait list for a Select (but that might change after listening to gear and talking to Steve Deckert and Bob Ziegler.) I like rock n roll, but not too loud (not sure of decibel level), my listening room is 10x12 ft and untreated. Main source will be Spotify from my iphone, CD player (cds and SACDs), and a turntable in a year or two.  I know I won't get an amp for many months, but that is fine. I think I can find an inexpensive receiver until the Decware is delivered.

Thank you in advance,
Derek

IP Logged
Eboogie101
Verified Member

Re: DecHeads in San Diego area?
Reply #1 - 01/08/22 at 06:20:26

Hey Derek!

Yeah there are quite a few of us around SD county that are lovers of decware gear! I even made it out to decfest last year, and it was awesome.

I’m very excited for you to get your first, and possibly last amp ever needed, it can seriously change your life.

I really recommend reading up on room treatment and modifying your space as much as possible. Reach out of if you have any questions!

Elliot

IP Logged
DA6469
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 01/08/22 at 17:36:18

Hi Elliot,

Thank you for replying to me.  I know this is a big ask, even without COVID.  I have family in central IL and I would love to attend DecFest one day.  I will do more research and contact you if I have questions.

Best,
Derek

IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #3 - 01/08/22 at 18:42:27

Derek - Congrats on the speakers!! I looked long and hard at those but ended up getting a set of Omega's from Louis. I think the important thing is to get on the list, you do have time to change your mind so far as the amp goes. I have never looked back after our purchase of our system from Steve & Louis. If you ever find your way up north to Santa Cruz, we're located in the mountains. Keep us posted on your adventure and these forums are a GREAT resource for knowledge, opinion and just humor. Happy listening, Chris,

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Ace-Tone
Seasoned Member

8+ years with
Decware gear and
Loving it!!!

Reply #4 - 01/18/22 at 20:40:55

Hey Derek,  
I'm in Long Beach area (lakewood). You're welcome to come have a listen in my dedicated room. Gear list is on bottom of my response page.
Al

SE84UFO25, ZP3, Zstage, ZR2, ZSB, DM947, HERESY iii
VPI-Traveler2 +SS Zephyr MKIIIes.
Cambridge CXC. Schiit Bimby DAC
IC's Audio Envy, Decware, RAC-PC's, Mapleshade Dbl Helix+Spkr wires & jumpers
Blue Circle PLC FX2X0e, Herbies, GIK, PI Audio DIY treatment
  IP Logged
DA6469
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 01/18/22 at 21:28:21

Hi Chris and Al,

Thank you both for your posts. If I can get closer to either of you, then I will give you a head's up and see if I can listen to your gear.

Thanks again,
Derek

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print