Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/25/24 at 22:34:17 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Any Zen TorII Owners in DFW Area ? (Read 1598 times)
DLM
Verified Member

Any Zen TorII Owners in DFW Area ?
12/09/21 at 23:53:25

I'm new to the forum and wondered if any Zen TorII owners in the DFW area would consider hosting a listening session at a time of their convenience ?
I have a pair of Cornwalls and looking to replace my Marantz 2325 with a Zen TorII.
I haven't yet been able to listen to any Decware gear.
Thanks

IP Logged
chapsjon
Seasoned Member

Re: Any Zen TorII Owners in DFW Area ?
Reply #1 - 12/10/21 at 02:06:09

Hello and welcome. I hope you get a reply from someone able to help you out. I am not in your area, nor do I have a big Torii, but I can tell you I have a Zen Triode and a Mini Torii and love them both. I also have some vintage SS (MAC 1900 and Accuphase E303), so I think I have pretty good experience to judge sound. I think they each have their place, but if I could only pick one, it would be Decware (not sure which I'd pick).

Part of my love for Decware is tube rolling, love the glow at night of tubes, but the sound is beyond anything else I've heard. Since my Decware is lower power, I tend to use it for lower level intimate listening (although they can get loud if I want, just not party loud). Especially at these lower levels, SS can't compare to the Decware tube spendor.

LR:Mini Torii+Wright WPP100 phono, CSP2+SE84UFO, Pioneer Exclusive M4, Accuphase E-303,Graham Slee Jazz Club, Technics SL-1200MK3D Grace F-8 & Nagaoka MP-110, Yamaha NS-1000M, KEF Reference 101, Sony SS-5050
BR: SE84C+, ZP1 phono, Decware 945
JVC QL-7 Shure V15
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 12/19/21 at 13:19:47

The business model is set up for the buyer to have a return privilege if for some reason they don't like the gear. These posts wanting to hear someone else's gear don't always work. And if you do find someone willing to do a demo, it is in their listening room, not yours.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Bilyeaux
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 01/12/22 at 22:15:31

Am in Plano with a brand new UFO2 and Heresy’s if your interested. Using a PS Audio GCD as pre-amp and DAC. PM me, James

ARC LS25MK2, UFO2.1 & Denafrips Pontus II DAC, PSA P300 Regen, Rega P6 w/ NEO and Rega MM Phono, Marantz CD6006, Bluesound Node 2i, Nakamitchi Cassette, Syzygy Sub, Omega JR XRS Towers & 74' Heresy rebuilt from Crites, ZWIRE speaker, DSRXLR, AQ connects
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print