Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/20/24 at 03:23:33 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Home Theater Upgrade Experience (Read 2457 times)
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Home Theater Upgrade Experience
10/29/21 at 09:50:18

Greetings,

These past few months I've been working to update and clean up the look of my home theater system. This primarily focused on installing a wall mounted 65" OLED television and a new smaller equipment rack for a cleaner look in our family room.

Ended up purchasing a Sony Bravia A80J 65" OLED television using an Echo Gear wall mounting rack and in-wall cable management system w/ power cord option (to hide cables), a Butcher Block Acoustics Rigid Rack (3 maple shelves w/ walnut legs) and new Monoprice 8K HDMI cables.

My son and his friend handled installation and did a very professional job. I'm really satisfied with the results and just wanted to share a recommendation for the new Sony Bravia OLED televisions, Echo Gear products, Rigid Racks and Monoprice HDMI cables for anyone considering updating/upgrading or building a new home theater system. All are quality products.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Re: Home Theater Upgrade Experience
Reply #1 - 10/29/21 at 10:01:51

Picture.  😊

PXL_20211027_222421925_compress81.jpg

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #2 - 10/29/21 at 17:05:46

Hey Rodger…beautiful setup!!  I’m looking at equipment racks now, so I’ll definitely check them out.  If they are customizable with the ability to add shelves, then that’s huge.

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 10/29/21 at 17:47:05

Dom,

They have different lengths (2'-5'), shelf widths (18" or 20") # of shelves and wood options. Mine was a 30" wide, 18" deep maple shelves with walnut legs. You can also do a custom build to order as well. Everything piece separately well packed, high quality 1.5" thick shelves, and easy to assemble. They aren't inexpensive, but they have sales every few months too.

HK

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 10/29/21 at 17:55:17

Looks nice and clean! the Butcher Block Acoustic rack looks wonderful.

I'm a fan of their stuff I have their 3" blocks under all my equipment.

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | STL "Super Tube Rectifier" STR-1002 | SRA Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #5 - 10/29/21 at 21:55:05

HK,

That’s exactly what I am looking for.  It looks like my future setup will not be traditional with the components in the middle and the speakers on the ends.  I will have my components in  an area off to the side on one wall near the entranceway from my living room into my kitchen.  It’s a smaller area so having the option for custom lengths will be important.  When I get to work tonight, I’ll check it out.  Thanks.

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 10/30/21 at 00:30:29

Dom,

Removing the equipment rack from between the speakers is really good for acoustics!

Butcher Block Acoustics is a great company, I had a cosmetic issue on a brass footer, they sent out a replacement the next day and made sure I was 100% happy. Highly recommended!

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | STL "Super Tube Rectifier" STR-1002 | SRA Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #7 - 10/30/21 at 06:26:45

Groovy,

Thanks for the info and feedback.  I’m on their site now and their stuff is amazing.  With the home renovation in full swing, having a clean layout is important for the WAF factor.  Just buying a run of the mill rack will not cut it for the new space, so this is perfect.  My house won’t be done for at least another 4-6 months. I just signed up for their mailing list, so if they run sale in the interim, I will make a purchase.  

Since I’m burning the midnight oil at work… I decided to do some research on butcher blocks. I found this company that was very interesting for customizing butcher blocks.  This company is intriguing because you can choose from different miter cut edges, thickness, fully custom lengths, but also the type of finish do you want as well.  I may decide to give this company a try to customize platforms for my speakers.   But when it comes to a full rack… I like Butcher Block acoustics better.  

https://hardwood-lumber.com/premium-walnut-edge-grain-butcher-block-countertop/

Thanks again,
Dom

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print