Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

What To Expect
10/25/21 at 21:43:39

This past weekend, a Zstage that I had purchased from a community member (thank you Edward) arrived. Since I don't have a Decware amp yet, I was unsure what to expect once inserted in my current system - even though I had read about it.  Initially, I think I was happy to finally have received, after six months since ordering my amp, a Decware component that I could actually experience.

I placed the ZStage in between my Ares II DAC and vintage amp, and slowly turned the knob on the ZStage which did bring up some volume.  My first thought was a disappointment.  I could raise volume from the amp directly, what's the deal.  

Then after some additional adjustments to actual volume on the amp and some more adjusting of the ZStage, what I heard was an appreciable improvement in sound tone and quality.  Using my now handy dB app, that improvement was not due to an increase in loudness.   I had raised the volume from the amp to my everyday listening level and sat back to hear the effect.  

At the loudness level that I am accustomed to listening to, there was simply more to hear.  The tone was fuller and richer.  I am guessing I am in the warmer, laid back switch position.  

Perhaps the improvement in sound would not be as dramatic if I already had a Decware amp. On the other hand, I am not starting from nothing as the Ares II, fiber media converter, and OB from Caintuck had already contributed mightily to my digitally-oriented system.  I had not  imagined this much improvement from the ZStage and pleased with the results.

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
MrDerrick
Seasoned Member

May The Source Be
With You!

Re: What To Expect
Reply #1 - 10/25/21 at 23:41:39

I've tried removing my ZSTAGE25th several times, it always goes back in short order.

1.4/1.5 MHz 20 Bit PCM Qobuz or SSD
HQPE - sonicTransporter i9
HQP Client - i3 Tablet
HQP NAA - Sonore Sig Series Rendu
USB > Holo KTE May > SA1X/47 > ZBIT > ZSTAGE25 > SE84UFO25
Avantgarde Duo Omega & Townshend Super Tweeters
IsoMax > Rives Parc > SUB225s
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print