Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/20/24 at 16:01:03 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
CSP3+Zrock2+Toriijrv2 vs CSP3+Torii mk5 (Read 1533 times)
Gabs
Verified Member

CSP3+Zrock2+Toriijrv2 vs CSP3+Torii mk5
10/13/21 at 16:11:22

Hi!

I have an order on a CSP3 full anniversary mod  and a Torii Jr v2 also with full anniversary mod. I'm contemplating adding a Zrock2 fully pimped up to my order.

The other day I came over the discussion on the new Torii mk5 and it got me thinking. How about CSP3 + Torii mk5 as an option.
Price wise both alternatives are about the same, but what about sound wise?

Any thoughts all knowing oracle?!

Thanx
G

IP Logged
Dr3wman
Seasoned Member

Re: CSP3+Zrock2+Toriijrv2 vs CSP3+Torii mk5
Reply #1 - 10/13/21 at 20:19:52

I preface this reply by saying I am a definite amateur, and the other experts on this site will know more -    

I imagine some of them might tell you that the Torii MK5 isn't going to need/see as much benefit from a preamp, that money might be better spent elsewhere if buying the MKV.

I have an MKV on order and I will be buying the ZRock2 to pair with it as my next purchase.

Torii MKV/25 mods
PS Audio Stellar Phono Preamplifier
Technics SL-1200GR w/ Nagaoka MP-200.
KLH Model 3 speakers..
Sonos connect.
  IP Logged
Gabs
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 10/20/21 at 16:55:27

Hey dr3wman!

Thank you for the reply!

I see you're point. I  really think this si a discussion of very subtle differences. It may be the combination CSP3, Zrock2 and Toriijrv2 will be the more flexible of the choices. And the real question is more if I need the extra 5 watt the Torii gives?

Anyway I see myself as very fortunate to have trouble with such choices😀

Gabs

IP Logged
Brian
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 10/21/21 at 03:36:11

I can not see a listener hearing the difference between 20 watts and 25 watts. To me the difference between the two amps will be in areas other than power.

IP Logged
Brian
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 10/21/21 at 03:39:42

If money is tight, I would buy either of those amps and then instead of the preamp or the bass booster, I would spend that amount of money on auditorium upgrades, source upgrades, or speaker upgrades.  Unless you are already top notch in those areas.

Brian

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print