Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/25/24 at 01:06:56 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Decware Audio ZROCK2 (Read 2299 times)
Randy in Caintuck
Seasoned Member

Tube be ... or not
tube be ... it's a
no-brainer.

The Decware Audio ZROCK2
10/10/21 at 17:47:28

I recently added a new page to my website .....

After attending the 2021 Decware Audio Fest, I was compelled to share my "ZROCK2 experience" with visitors to my site .....

The link can be found here.

Truthfully, I am still in shock .....

Happy listening,
Randy

CEC TL5N belt drive CD transport
Cambridge Audio Azur 851N DAC / Streamer
Decware SE84UFO amplifier
Caintuck Audio Betsy Open Baffles
Caintuck Audio Lii Silver-10 Open Baffles
Caintuck Audio Lii 15 Open Bass Baffle
WWW   IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Re: The Decware Audio ZROCK2
Reply #1 - 10/10/21 at 20:25:31

Very cool to hear as it is a part of my current order.  I had been told by others in the community that of all the components that accompanied their Decware amp, the one they appreciated the most was the ZRock2.  Having never heard one, I was taking it on faith.  Your thumbs up recommendation is confirming of that decision.

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
johnnycopy
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 10/13/21 at 03:49:25

Randy,

Did you get a chance to hear the zrock2 with the Lii audio reference speakers in cabinets?

I would like your impression with and without the zrock2.

Thank you.
John

IP Logged
Randy in Caintuck
Seasoned Member

Tube be ... or not
tube be ... it's a
no-brainer.

Reply #3 - 10/13/21 at 15:46:43

Hi John,

Sorry ..... I spent the entire 2021 Decware Fest in the smaller listening room playing DJ .....

I know that there were several other attendees who were in the larger room and they might have heard this combo.

From what I understand, the Lii Audio reference speakers have a very robust low end without any help needed ..... but Steve would be the best source for this information.

Best wishes,
Randy

CEC TL5N belt drive CD transport
Cambridge Audio Azur 851N DAC / Streamer
Decware SE84UFO amplifier
Caintuck Audio Betsy Open Baffles
Caintuck Audio Lii Silver-10 Open Baffles
Caintuck Audio Lii 15 Open Bass Baffle
WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #4 - 10/13/21 at 20:43:11

I have spent much time with the ZROCK2 on Lii Audio speakers, Fostex, Lowther, Omega, and many brands you haven't heard of because they have no brand... Virtually all of these speakers become transformational with a ZROCK2.  I suspect there aren't too many speakers in the world that wouldn't have similar results.

The best thing to do if you have speakers that you like, is NOT to hear them with a ZROCK2.  I would say the same thing about reel to reel tape machines.  The reason is because once you hear a master tape or a ZROCK2 which essentially gives the same result, you will not be able to enjoy music the same without it.  You will have quickly realized, A) how good your speakers actually are, and B) how bad your recordings were.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #5 - 10/13/21 at 21:06:41

Truer words are rarely spoken. I bought one ZROCK2 for one system. And over a few years I bought two more because each system I have HAS TO HAVE ONE. I'm probably not alone. . . .

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
johnnycopy
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 10/14/21 at 02:46:32

Thanks all,

I have a wanted ad in the classified for a zrock2 but so far no used options.

I will be running the Lii audio finished speakers that you have in-house and in your speaker for sale pages with their new 10 inch driver.

I use a holo audio dac.

Steve, What zrock2 options would you suggest if I am purchasing new and what benefits to the various mods?

Thanks again
Johm

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print