Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 20:30:14 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Forgot what things should sound like (Read 1164 times)
SoCalBill
Verified Member

Forgot what things should sound like
09/14/21 at 02:48:04

I have always been passionate about music - I worked at a small chamber music hall and quickly grew an appreciation for the acoustics a good room can provide. Fast forward decades and some recent surgery has me mostly at home so I start to focus on building out an audio system to finally start listening to music again. I started with a pair of Forte 3's and added a se34i.5 amp and a zp3 (both on order - happily waiting). Added a VPI Prime 21 with a ortofon black lvb and blue jeans cables running it and I'm getting closer. The issue I have now is I'm running everything off of my 90's Pioneer SX-303R which just gives lifeless sound to just about everything. The other issue is I forgot what things should sound like (or what they can sound like). I may need to find a local shop to listen to a system that is dialed in to get my ears back.

Schiit Aegir | Schiit Freya + | Schiit Mani 2 | Schiit Lokius | Cambridge CXN2 | VPI Prime 21 | Ortofon 2m Black LVB 250 | Forte 3's | Blue jeans cables
  IP Logged
Brian
Seasoned Member

Re: Forgot what things should sound like
Reply #1 - 09/14/21 at 04:17:27

I am glad to hear you buying a high fidelity outfit.
I hope you will get great enjoyment from it!

Brian

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Re: Forgot what things should sound like
Reply #2 - 09/15/21 at 01:46:35

Hi SoCalBill,

Welcome the forum!  No worries, you're ears don't need calibrated.  You will find out what it's suppose to sound like as soon as the ZP3 and amplifier arrive.  The only way to refine things further will be room acoustics, placement, cables.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print