Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 15:31:55 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lii Silver 8 driver and real open baffle box? (Read 1851 times)
Piccaso
Verified Member

Lii Silver 8 driver and real open baffle box?
08/27/21 at 14:28:33

Hi guys. I know, is little bit a late. I ordered Lii silver 8 full range drivers and have idea/plan to make real full open bafle speakers with them. Do you have some experiences, trials, or any tips&tricks for me please? Is possible to use them for speakers like ZOB, or this driver need transmision line box construction? Thanks for any your advices and help.

IP Logged
DJFreon
Verified Member

Re: Lii Silver 8 driver and real open baffle box?
Reply #1 - 01/30/23 at 21:34:12

Lii Song Crystal 10 Open baffle project

In progress is this project, using Lii Song Crystal 10 drivers and stone open baffle.

I choose soapstone because of high density material. Time will tell if the stone surface is to bright sounding. A support frame will be constructed with a heavy piece of stone in the base. Using a Decware SEUFO84 for amplification. May switch to a different amp for best sound. This is my first stone project but I do have other ideas for stone. I will try to post finished picture when complete.

https://ibb.co/f8gkTfs
https://ibb.co/7pkhh9b
https://ibb.co/3ykJHM4" alt="" title="" border="0" />

Allen & Heath Xone 92
TAD TSM-300 Willsenson R8
KRK V88 ESS AMT x 4, Bi amp tube amps, Dr. Bag PP amp Douk KT88 fed DBX 234 Lii 10S SEUFO84
Douk B300 mono blocks tube amps ESS AMT 3
SDX12 DBX 510 Sunfire
Denon & Tascam
Dragonfly RED
Soon > DIY Headwre
  IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #2 - 01/31/23 at 03:42:40

Hi DJ.

Don’t I remember you posting something about this idea quite sometime ago? Pretty cool idea, and I like the looks.

Have you listened to them yet, or are you still getting them setup?

Keep us posted on the progress?

Best,

Geno

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
DJFreon
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 01/31/23 at 11:47:00

Hi Geno,

I've listen to them while they are horizontal because I do not have the support stands finished, They sound good but I think will be better when properly positioned. The soapstone finishes very nice when polished. Lii recommends a box for the crystal 10 but I just had to try this. I will probably get the 15" drivers and do the open baffle with them.

The 10" will probably go this way....

" Glory S-10 is a new Lii design dedicated for Silver-10 flagship speaker units, the aim for this speaker is to achieve great transparency, accuracy and get an enclosure that is completely devoted for getting the best out of Silver-10."
'

Allen & Heath Xone 92
KRK V88 ESS AMT x 4, Bi amp tube amps, Dr. Bag PP amp Douk KT88 fed DBX 234 Lii 10S SEUFO84
SDX12 DBX 510 Sunfire
Denon & Tascam
Dragonfly RED
Soon > DIY Headwre
  IP Logged
DJFreon
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 02/26/23 at 17:18:11

My Crystal 10' open baffles are almost complete except for the stands. for now they are propped up against the fireplace stone. they sound real nice and seem to be getting better as time goes on. Changing the zen triode preamp to Tung-Sol 6SN7GTB really opened up the sound.

Allen & Heath Xone 92
SDX12 DBX 510 Sunfire
Denon & Tascam
Dragonfly RED
Soon > DIY Headwre
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print