Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 16:34:38 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Shelf Spacing for Decware Amps (Read 2029 times)
Creedsman
Verified Member

Shelf Spacing for Decware Amps
08/18/21 at 00:41:40

Hi All,

New to the club and excitedly waiting to receive my Decware amps (SE34UFO25, CHP325, ZP3) at some point in the distant future. In the meantime I want to reconfigure my rack so that the new components fit since they are quite a bit taller than the current ones. Rack is built from maple butcherblock and open on all 4 sides. Question: How much space is ideal to have between the top of the tubes and the wood shelf above the tubes for the CHP3 and ZP3? Current phono and tube pre stay fairly cool and the shelf above does not get hot with a 1" gap. Power amp sits on top since that one generates a fair amount of heat. I have room to put 2 amps on the top shelf if needed. Any advice much appreciated!

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Re: Shelf Spacing for Decware Amps
Reply #1 - 08/18/21 at 01:00:23

I have my CSP3+ on an open rack with about 1" clearance from top of the rectifier tube and have had no problems with heat build up. I suspect the amp power tubes could benefit from maybe a little more space on top since they'll generate more heat, but as long as you have good air circulation around the rack area I suspect you'll have no problems.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Creedsman
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 08/18/21 at 17:40:07

Many thanks, looks like I should be good with 2" of breathing room above.

IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/18/21 at 18:07:09

Indeed, you will be fine. As HK said, and as you already have, the most significant aspect is having plenty of air circulation all around yoir tube gear.

Welcome to the Decware family!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print