Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/25/24 at 15:08:22 

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Something wrong with contact form. Phones? (Read 18113 times)
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Something wrong with contact form. Phones?
Reply #50 - 08/18/21 at 22:01:56

+1

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Dr3wman
Seasoned Member

Reply #51 - 08/18/21 at 22:10:45

Yes, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE enough with the bickering and politics. This forum is my one refuge from that kind of nonsense. Or at least it has been.  Please let's stick to what we can all agree on.........amazing sounding audio equipment.

Torii MKV/25 mods
PS Audio Stellar Phono Preamplifier
Technics SL-1200GR w/ Nagaoka MP-200.
KLH Model 3 speakers..
Sonos connect.
  IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #52 - 08/18/21 at 22:11:03

+1

Politics is a nasty pit. Let’s return to the Tao Te Decware 😇

My Diana Krall “Live In Paris” Japanese Hybrid SACD just shipped, yahoo!

IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #53 - 08/18/21 at 22:51:10

So, STFU already!   Lips Sealed

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
kulafu
Seasoned Member

Reply #54 - 08/18/21 at 22:57:40

Group hug!!!

Omega SAMS,Altec 604 8K, Liionidas Silver 10/W-15,UFO25th/Cary SET Monos/Torii Jr,CSP3 25th Holo May KTE ,HQP/USB/Pulse/EtherRegen, Roon/Thorens 1600(Decware ICs, speaker wires/Equi=Core 1800, SFDBs and future STR-1002)
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #55 - 08/19/21 at 11:44:58

So I just went to McDonald's for some burritos and a large ice tea.
I got there at 5:01 Am, right as they opened. There were several cars waiting before me.
So after I sat there for 5 minutes with the line not moving the decision was made on my part that it wasn't worth the wait and I moved on.

I've waited for over a hour for a fine meal, it was worth it.

Analogy over.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #56 - 08/19/21 at 18:50:16

FWIW, when I spoke with Sarah last week about this issue, she said that perhaps she and Steve need to sit down and discuss it.  

I guess it comes down to whether a given customer is willing to wait perhaps twice as long as the shipping estimate.  They can always cancel the order if the wait is too long.  Their traditional way of calculating wait times did not account for an explosion in orders and is thus now wildly inaccurate.

C’est la vie. Que sera, sera.

IP Logged
Bilyeaux
Seasoned Member

Reply #57 - 08/19/21 at 20:09:08

Well I'm extremely excited as I made THE BENCH this week! I'll be 8 weeks over projection, but no worries, I truly believe it will be worth it after reading all the reviews, forum messages and info (that I wouldn't have if I got it too fast!)

ARC LS25MK2, UFO2.1 & Denafrips Pontus II DAC, PSA P300 Regen, Rega P6 w/ NEO and Rega MM Phono, Marantz CD6006, Bluesound Node 2i, Nakamitchi Cassette, Syzygy Sub, Omega JR XRS Towers & 74' Heresy rebuilt from Crites, ZWIRE speaker, DSRXLR, AQ connects
  IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #58 - 08/19/21 at 20:33:22

Congrats 🎉!

I aspire to be a bench person some day 😂

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #59 - 08/20/21 at 04:53:18

We are actually making some real progress behind the scenes. We doubled our techs around a year ago when the cat was let out of the bag and have been running two shifts since to make things happen. This winter we will be training more help and finding places for them to work.

Our normal build sheet for the past 15 years has been an average of 75 amps. We are now well over 750, despite shipping more product this year than ever before. That's 10 times the load that this ship was designed for.

As things move along we will begin to transition our list into layers. Simpler items will be built sooner to reduce the overall size of the list, which will shorten build times for everyone.

This artisan business model is not scalable. If you want artisan quality products vs. mass produced, and you live in todays CoVid handicapped world, you're going to have to wait for it. Our commitment is simply this: It will be worth the wait.

Things are running pretty tight around here, and despite all the pressure nothing is going out the door with defects and our creative energies haven't been stifled in fact quite the opposite because as we create new ways to deal with this, we keep accidentally having ideas for new products or product improvements.

The future looks bright, as we hope to bring more audio joy to all of you. Both on the speaker end and the amplifier end of things.

Our friends at Lii Audio have been exemplary with their drivers and reference cabinet. They have helped us place what seems like at least a 100 pair into peoples homes around the world so far and we plan to see a lot more offerings from them as we all spend more time in the listening room! Their F15 and Crystal 10 drives that we have incorporated into our Zen Master Series Baffles are flooding the DIY circles with our plans and we have built many pair of these wonderful baffles this year for those who don't do DIY not to mention our affiliate Randy Rash of Caintuck Audio's contribution with his highly affordable small size baffles that simply defy reason...  

And then there are Tube Tots. I have thought about calling them Face Melters, but it's too many letters ; ). These $1200 exotic stand mount almost tiny speakers defy reason when you hear the sound stage and resolution. Some of the best midrange you've ever heard.  Like QUAD quality midrange...  They are in production now with 30 pairs planned for inventory this fall.  Hear them at DECFEST, or make a listening appointment. Also we will start to leak YouTube video speaker demos of these little gems this fall.

We are now getting ready for DECFEST 2021 that all of us who know about DECFEST desperately need after not getting to have one last year due to Covid. It will be wonderful! When people who have never attended one hear the 2 watt Zen Triodes on 100dB speakers and then hear 20 watt Zen TORII's on 93dB speakers that only cost $1200 a pair there will be more than a few sleepless nights trying to figure out which way to go.

Oh yea, we've been doing in house hydrographic paint jobs on both amplifier chassis and our Tiny Radial speakers. These will be starting to appear for sale this fall. It has so far been a lot of fun learning all the many ways to fail at it, but that's how you get good and we need it to be good if it's going to be Decware.

We also have several other things in the pipe that will happen as we move into next year

WWW   IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #60 - 08/20/21 at 05:03:48

Mahalo Nui Steve for the report.  Sounds both great and reasonable.  Future's so bright, we gotta wear shades  😎

IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Reply #61 - 08/20/21 at 18:23:04

Steve, great news to hear you will be training more folks in the trenches in the coming months. I expected I would hear that, and you are delivering.

Good job, and thank you very much for the update!

Brad

IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Reply #62 - 08/20/21 at 18:29:37

The "covid enviornment" has been brought on by govt incompetence on all levels [the collective], their ignoring of science, and bloodthirsty desire for absolute authoritarian control. They've killed much of small business on this country, and aren't anywhere near finished with their tyranny. Nothing backs up their pathetic decisions that are directly screwing up lives.

Kudos to you Steve, for not falling for it from the beginning because you are grounded and far smarter than they are in actual terms, not ivy league falsity and their smug, ignorant followers.

Brad

IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #63 - 08/20/21 at 18:54:17

Well, at least we can all agree on one thing, that Donald Trump is a moron.  What, did I misread the room? 😂😂😂

I kid because I love ❤️

IP Logged
DPC
Ex Member

Reply #64 - 08/20/21 at 20:44:29

This is not a political forum, never has been!

Again, PLEASE STFU,

IP Logged
audix
Verified Member

Reply #65 - 09/19/21 at 08:29:24

?

IP Logged
audix
Verified Member

Reply #66 - 09/19/21 at 08:30:50

Thanks for your dedication Steve.

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #67 - 09/24/21 at 01:39:02

I also make audio equipment for sale, but I NEVER want to get in this deep!!! And to be clear it is JUST a hobby for me, not a business. This thread is exactly why it stays that way. I build what I want, when I want. Absolutely no custom orders. So, having said this, I still find myself in a tight spot making sure that a customer is satisfied. I cannot in my wildest dreams conceive making even what appears to be a small business run at all.
 Hats off to those that make it even part way. And during these times, it is incredible to keep a business running like it was before. If it isn't about getting help, it is about getting parts, or shipment delays. or some kind of computer system problem. Lions tigers and bears oh my!

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print