Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 17:11:42 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
UFO2 trips protection circuit on Panamax M5300-PM (Read 1806 times)
canonken
Seasoned Member

UFO2 trips protection circuit on Panamax M5300-PM
08/07/21 at 03:40:07

The amp is working fine, but sometimes when I turn the UFO2 off (and once when I turned it on) it trips the internal breaker (not the overload breaker, the button on the back I'd need to press to reset, but the internal, automatic 'protection' system).  I can hear a relay click in the Panamax, everything powers off, then it immediately powers back on.  The Panamax itself stays on, it just cuts the power to all outlets.  The Decware is connected to one of the high-current outlets and the load on the Panamax is very light (just an amp or two).  I'm not assigning blame, just curious if anyone has come across this or has any thoughts.

It feels like this is what is being triggered (because it shuts down on its own...then powers back up on its own):

Automatic Over & Under Voltage Protection (AVM):
Panamax's patent pending power monitoring circuitry constantly monitors the AC line voltage for unsafe voltage conditions such as momentary spikes or prolonged over-voltages and under-voltages (brownouts). These unsafe conditions pose a very dangerous threat to all electronic equipment within the home. If the M5300-PM senses an unsafe power condition, it will automatically disconnect your equipment from the power to protect equipment from damage. Once the voltage returns to a safe level, the M5300-PM will automatically reconnect the power.

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Re: UFO2 trips protection circuit on Panamax M5300-PM
Reply #1 - 08/07/21 at 04:26:56

I would suggest unplugging everything, cleaning all the connections, re-plug everything back in making certain everything is tight, including the power cord on the Panamax and the wall outlet.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
canonken
Seasoned Member

Re: UFO2 trips protection circuit on Panamax M5300-PM
Reply #2 - 08/11/21 at 01:47:22

Thanks Steve.  I will mess with all of that and see if it fixes things.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print