Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 16:05:23 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Favorite preamps to Pair with.... (Read 1746 times)
EPJPhoto
Verified Member

Favorite preamps to Pair with....
08/05/21 at 18:25:00

If you're using a preamp you love with this amp, what is it!? Doing some research for myself... thanks!

IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Re: Favorite preamps to Pair with....
Reply #1 - 08/07/21 at 15:01:52

EPJPhoto- When I decided on my amp, I bought it thinking to try an not use a preamp. Worked fine, but didn't feel that I had the best ability to balance the gains for different types of music. My previous preamp was an ARC SP-11 which was very well maintained and great, in it own right. I knew that with my Decware system, the only preamp I would add would be a CSP-3. Found a used one on the forum, made a deal and had it sent to the Zen Master to give it the once over and get the LT warranty and change the base. No Regrets at all. The amount of flexibility with the CSP-3 and Rachel is magic. Every day, every album / cd. Keep us posted and happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Waukman1
Verified Member

Re: Favorite preamps to Pair with....
Reply #2 - 08/07/21 at 16:15:28

Hi EPJPhoto,
I've used an Audio Research LS27 with my SE34I.5 driving a pair of DNA's for several years now and am pretty pleased with the combo. I've wanted to take the PA out of the system for comparative purposes to see what the PA is doing but keep putting it off because I like having the remote. In addition the LS27 has a mono switch, balance control and variable gain which I like. I listen in a 15' x 21' room to mostly acoustic jazz & bluegrass and have never felt the need for more power but then I don't listen at crazy loud levels either. Hope that helps.
Regards,
Jim

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print