Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 23:03:14 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Owner Experience With Lii Silver Reference Speaker (Read 2146 times)
Thermionic
Verified Member

Owner Experience With Lii Silver Reference Speaker
07/22/21 at 21:43:14

Bear with me as I am new to the Decware forum.

I have a Zen SE84UFO25 on order, and just picked up a SE84UFO with the anniversary mod. My thought being the latter will tide me over until the ZEN SE84UFO25 shows up.  I have heard the Lii Crystal 10 Reference at the Decware Showroom, I refer to it as the Mothership. I liked what I heard but the aesthetic has prevented me from pulling the trigger, at least to date.  I also liked the ZEN Master with the Crystal 10 and ZROCK.  I understand  Lii Song is introducing the Lioondinas, OB with the Crystal 10 and F-15.  Have not heard it but it intrigues me to say the lease.  That said are there any Decware ZEN SE84UFO owners who have experience with the Crystal 10 Reference that would like to share comments or discuss?  I am also open to comments or discussion regarding successful pairing with other speakers.

https://www.lii-audio.com/product/pair-liionidas-open-baffle-and-xo-without-driv...

Smiley

SE84UFO anniversary mods, Coda 02b, Sim Audio LP310, Linn LP 12, Metrum Onyx, MAC mini, PAP Trio15 Classic PiFe, OPPO 103, PSA P15 regen, various cables, many LPs
  IP Logged
Thermionic
Verified Member

Re: Owner Experience With Lii Silver Reference Speaker
Reply #1 - 07/30/21 at 17:54:10

Went with the PAP Trio 15 Voxativ AC PiFe.

Smiley Smiley

SE84UFO anniversary mods, Coda 02b, Sim Audio LP310, Linn LP 12, Metrum Onyx, MAC mini, PAP Trio15 Classic PiFe, OPPO 103, PSA P15 regen, various cables, many LPs
  IP Logged
sz66panzer
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 02/21/22 at 12:08:52

Hi Thermionic,May I ask you that what do you think about Lii Crystal 10 and compared to PAP AC PiFe? I also have interest of this two spearkers.Thank you!
I've waiting for my SE84UFO25.My current speaker is PAP DUET15 PRELUDE with Tang Band W8-1808, it makes me feel happy and I want to improve its vocal performance which I feel a little dissatisfied.

IP Logged
DJFreon
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 02/21/22 at 21:31:47

Hi Thermionic,

I am about to drop for the crystal 10's as my zen triode will be coming soon. I have designed my own open baffle and will experiment with various materials. I'm excited to discover the effects of different baffle materials, both hard and soft. I have a feeling matte finish, even cloth of leather might be interesting. Also considering MDF & HDF. Developing "invisible" support hardware is keeping my mind busy as each speaker will weigh well over 50 lbs.

DJF

Allen & Heath Xone 92
TAD TSM-300 Willsenson R8
KRK V88 ESS AMT x 4, Bi amp tube amps, Dr. Bag PP amp Douk KT88 fed DBX 234 Lii 10S SEUFO84
Douk B300 mono blocks tube amps ESS AMT 3
SDX12 DBX 510 Sunfire
Denon & Tascam
Dragonfly RED
Soon > DIY Headwre
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print