Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 14:19:29 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lii F-15 or JBL 321c/322c? (Read 991 times)
RFBurns
Verified Member

Lii F-15 or JBL 321c/322c?
06/15/21 at 21:35:09

Hello All! Very long time listener, but first time caller to the forums...I am in a bit of quandary of what to do at the moment...

I have obtained a beautiful pair of (my guess) 1960's vintage speaker cabinets from a local thrift shop ($17 for the pair). However they were empty when I got them, as someone had already parted out the drivers...The cabinets are cut/drilled/built to house a 15" driver. The outside of the cabinets are covered in walnut veneer (plywood core) and they have an internal volume of 2.4 cu in. We are moving into a new home next week, and I'd like to refinish the cabinets to show off the beautiful wood grain, but don't know what path to go down to "fill" them...

I have a pair of Rola man'd Conn Organ 15" drivers in them right now (open back), but would like to perhaps either get a pair of Lii F-15's or a pair of JBL 321c or 322c speakers to replace the Rola's...

Now, my question(s):

1. Has anyone tried the Lii F-15's in an open back style cabinet? Basically a folded open baffle (aka cabinet with no back). If so, how did they work? These have quite a massive following, si I'd imagine that they would (potentially) work very well...

2. Does anyone have experience with the JBL 321 or 322 speakers? I have read about the 8" versions of these with great reviews, and they are designed to work in a 2.4 cu ft (ported) enclosure...The only reason for really considering these is that they are super efficient (>97db) and are a coaxial-style design (ala Spatial)

Any thoughts/guidance/assistance would be most welcome!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print