Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 09:45:06 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DECFEST 2021 - REGISTER HERE (Read 2537 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

DECFEST 2021 - REGISTER HERE
06/11/21 at 06:25:04

This is just a pre-notice that there will be a DECFEST this year, and as always the sound will be better than the previous year as we go where no man has gone before...

It will be Friday October 1st from 11 A.M. to Sunday October 3rd at 11 A.M. Continuous.  We will create a pre-registration form soon for those thinking about attending.  Stay tuned for that.

But here's the thing... we didn't get to have one last year.  In fact we were all trapped inside with nothing to do but stereo. That time wasn't wasted.  As you will hear if you come to this years fest.

So this year the fest will be X2 since the behind the scenes progress has only accelerated during this pandemic.  I have designed some new speakers including an anniversary edition of the DM945 that is showing great promise.  Also we have the new new Reference Lii Audio speaker that is going to to totally shock many.  And some secret stuff that is in development, so you can be literally the very first to hear it at this years fest.

Also this year the streaming will be done by the Cambridge CXNv2 that anyone can afford, and it will feed the holy grail of DACS -- the HOLO AUDIO MAY KITSUNE edition top level.  This is beyond a mastering quality ladder D to A that I am thrilled to own in this lifetime. The Audio Gods have been good to us all. When you hear this, you'll never be the same. So with that, don't attend if you don't want to be completely wrecked. It's pretty sick.  You can also bring CD's or USB sticks.

Also this year we will be debuting a new division of our company called High Fidelity Sound Labs.  A label producing some of the most transparent 1st generation analog master tapes you'll ever hear.  Additionally we will have have the unlimited digital masters available for audition. These will also be for sale on the new site when it launches this Fall.  We're so excited about this because all the profits from the tapes and downloads go directly to the artists.  Yes you heard me correctly.  Anyway, we will be demonstrating both the master tapes and the digital masters during the event as the music is legendary demo quality material.

I have a feeling it will be a really good year for tents and we have a great place for them.  There will be the bond fire as always and possibly we could see UFO's like we did a few years back. Boy that was a fun fest.  

The Lii Audio Reference speakers with the Silver 10's (their new reference) are stunning, and will no doubt take up a lot of show time because it's so insane what they can do with only two watts.  As are the Zen Master Series Baffles which many have never heard... and the Caintuck Audio Baffles that any serious audiophile can afford and are brain melting good at so many things...

Also the Decware Corner Horns have had a facelift and the Lii Audio 5.25 inch reference drivers made from aluminum.  It's the most bass the corner horns have ever had with a noticeable presence peak.  This could be fixed by re-tuning the horns to these drivers which could well happen because the initial listening tests are so promising.  

DECFEST's are and have always been a way to gauge how well the sound quality and design of a particular product would be received.  Any time you can sit and watch 100 people walk into your room and listen to a particular pair of speakers or amplifier, you get a solid understanding of how well it will be received if you market it. So this year I as always will have a few more surprises on the speaker side of things that will get people pretty pumped I think!

I will keep you posted here in this thread as things develop.

HERE IS THE RSVP LINK for this years fest!  BE SURE TO REGISTER at the link below as spaces are limited.

https://steve4541.editorx.io/decfest2021

WWW   IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Re: DECFEST 2021 - HELL YEA!
Reply #1 - 06/11/21 at 13:27:36

Inked in! Cheesy

Interesting to hear if we are on the same page.

John

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 06/11/21 at 16:13:45

HELL YEA indeed! I've marked my calendar!

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | Add-Powr Sorcer x4 | Snake River Audio Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15|AF Treatment
  IP Logged
litefootdan
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 06/11/21 at 18:53:42

Yes!  Yes!  Yes!!!!!!!!!!

Ortofon 2M Bronze | Merrillized AR "The Turntable" | ZP 2 | SE84UFO25 | HDT | Jensen Alnico 15's on the low "OB"
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #4 - 06/11/21 at 19:53:45

I suppose I can drive the hour and twenty two minutes to the 'Fest.

That is a long haul anymore. I only drove 4000 miles total last year and I went to work 5 days a week. Kinda pathetic.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
jpv
Seasoned Member

Cause inside
everyone is a heavy
metal kid

Reply #5 - 06/14/21 at 20:50:42

I'll be there. I got to use my car sometime.

VPI Scoutmaster, Grado Master3, Odyssey Candela Preamp and Suspiro phono preamp Counterpoint NP100 amp (modded by Altavista Audio), Goldenear Triton One speakers, CD240 CDP, Lots of room treatment. Anti-cable sp cables and IC, Decware IC, ZKit 1, ZDAC.
  IP Logged
dank
Seasoned Member

pair of dual 18
Imperials

Reply #6 - 06/19/21 at 15:10:35

Unfortunately, that weekend is my high school 50th reunion.  Can't miss that.  Maybe 2022.

Dan

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Re: DECFEST 2021 - REGISTER HERE
Reply #7 - 06/22/21 at 05:43:00

Dank,

Don't be disappointed if the chicks aren't as hot ; )

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #8 - 06/22/21 at 05:45:07

IMPORTANT

Not that's it's a long scroll, but scroll up to the top of the thread and check the link I updated in the first post.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 06/23/21 at 10:10:55

Just registered. I live in the Pittsburgh area 2 miles off PA turnpike Irwin exit. If anyone of you Decwareions want to split a room and/or share the ride, I be up for it. The misses had her fill of audio road trips Smiley PM or email if interested.

John

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #10 - 06/26/21 at 03:00:27

Am I to understand that this is a "clothing optional" event?

The idea of a bunch of fat old guys standing around makes me cringe.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #11 - 06/26/21 at 03:18:21

Anna has updated the registration link, so please revisit it!

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #12 - 06/26/21 at 03:48:49

A teaser about the face melters...  sure why not.  

Concept Speaker B -- These may be the texture kings of all time... and the imaging, sound stage, density and overall scale for such a small speaker is partially why my face keeps melting off when I listen to them.  I have a sneaky suspicion these are going to steal the show.  We shall surely see.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #13 - 06/26/21 at 08:45:54

Hmmmmm....maybe I will pack a tent to conserve time needed  for a hotel commute. Shoot, I probably will not get much sleep anyhow!

Interesting design Steve. Lii meets Lee? Nice! Smiley

IP Logged
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Reply #14 - 07/06/21 at 14:36:13

I'm getting security certificate errors when trying to get to

Work machine is buttoned down pretty tight... I'll try from another computer and see what happens.

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Wyred STP-SE, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, Cary SLI-80, DM945's.....
  IP Logged
MrDerrick
Seasoned Member

May The Source Be
With You!

Reply #15 - 08/11/21 at 19:48:45

Is there a cap on the number of registrants?

How many have attended in past years?

1.4/1.5 MHz 20 Bit PCM Qobuz or SSD
HQPE - sonicTransporter i9
HQP Client - i3 Tablet
HQP NAA - Sonore Sig Series Rendu
USB > Holo KTE May > SA1X/47 > ZBIT > ZSTAGE25 > SE84UFO25
Avantgarde Duo Omega & Townshend Super Tweeters
IsoMax > Rives Parc > SUB225s
  IP Logged
Lin
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 08/12/21 at 03:44:10

I don't know how many have already signed up, but the link says +96 more.

IP Logged
jpv
Seasoned Member

Cause inside
everyone is a heavy
metal kid

Reply #17 - 08/25/21 at 02:18:41

Room booked. See you soon.

VPI Scoutmaster, Grado Master3, Odyssey Candela Preamp and Suspiro phono preamp Counterpoint NP100 amp (modded by Altavista Audio), Goldenear Triton One speakers, CD240 CDP, Lots of room treatment. Anti-cable sp cables and IC, Decware IC, ZKit 1, ZDAC.
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #18 - 08/25/21 at 03:20:58

We capped it at 150 and are expecting to hit it.

We have reserved an auxiliary parking location in case we need, and I'm sure we will, so we will post a phone number that you can text when you arrive should you be unable to find a place to park. We will then help you get to the alternate parking lot and shuttle you back to Decfest. There will be shuttles probably on the hour or by special request during the entire fest to the other parking lot.

WWW   IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #19 - 08/25/21 at 03:34:09

We are getting close, only 4 weeks away which for me means 2 weeks away. I am almost ready. One of the things that I can say has been very consistent about DECFEST (which is in it's 18th or 19th year...) is that despite how good it has always sounded, each year the Decware Sound, which was experienced during the fests has gotten better. Every year I've always been amazed by that because I live in the now, and everything is better than it was. So it seems hard to improve on that, but yet it happens every year.

Last year we were robbed of our fest so we just worked like everyone else, in fact extra hard since we couldn't really go anywhere.  That lead to several things that found there way into our gear and product line, from amp technology to speakers to cables to source components.  

This year is markedly better than last year which only happened for Decware staff, and that was better than the year before, so when you come this year what you hear when people aren't talking, will be the best Decware has ever achieved, and I'm damn proud of it, because it's just so far beyond what I thought was even possible, that I just can't stop listening to it.

That said, as you can imagine it is going to be a real thrill to share this with all of you, if only in just bits and pieces during the fest, it may be enough to make you comfortable to make a private listening appointment during the year when you can hear what I write about first hand against a 40dB noise floor.

I am listening to speakers as I write this keep melting my face off and then I can't see to type.  You gotta hear this.  You really do.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Thermionic
Verified Member

Reply #20 - 08/25/21 at 20:20:08

Steve:
This will be my first DecFest.  In general how many attendees do you anticipate, and how many stay through the entire duration?

SE84UFO anniversary mods, Coda 02b, Sim Audio LP310, Linn LP 12, Metrum Onyx, MAC mini, PAP Trio15 Classic PiFe, OPPO 103, PSA P15 regen, various cables, many LPs
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #21 - 08/25/21 at 23:01:27

I believe Steve cut off registration at 150 people and said they were close to it. He made arrangements for off-site parking and a shuttle. In the past the event ran from Friday noon until Sunday afternoon.

Saturday tends to be when most people attend and the number of attendees has never been this high, so it's going to be crowded. Steve will probably have a system set up in his woodworking shop too (as well as the main workshop listening room) so folks can spread out a bit. Folks also sit around outside, drink some beers and shoot the bull.

If you want to do any serious listening to specific equipment and speakers you might want to hang out real late or get there early, maybe 7-8am Sunday morning. This is based on my two Decfest trips.

Have fun.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
DeVon Deckert
Verified Member

Reply #22 - 08/26/21 at 19:17:17

We are currently just over 100 reservations made for the fest.

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #23 - 08/29/21 at 05:21:15

We will have a third listening space this year,  and if you count the assembly room , four.

WWW   IP Logged
JAudio441
Verified Member

Reply #24 - 09/18/21 at 13:18:44

I’m looking forward to my first Decfest!  Will you be providing more information about parking?  From the map view of your property, there looking to be a fair amount of street parking.

Sarah 300B, ZROCK, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Holo Red Streamer, Pearl Acoustic Sibelius, Decware Cables
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #25 - 09/30/21 at 16:28:55

Steve…..I found an old link to the webcam portal. I’m looking forward to the updated webcam to view the event.  Is this the same link that you will be using for Decfest….

https://www.decware.com/newsite/zenfestcam.html

Also…I didn’t see any emails or posts regarding the Decfest discount. Will you still be offering that this year?  I know it’s been a regular yearly offer, and I’m sure some newcomers would be interested if they are not aware.

Looking forward to anther October of great music selections, yet I’m a bit saddend of no vinyl.  But with all the attendees, I completely understand your concern.  For all of you vinyl lovers out there…here is an old Decfest video clip I took to bring back some memories.

https://youtu.be/7msgon1-nH4

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #26 - 09/30/21 at 23:38:33

I was looking so forward to this event, but sadly forced to cancel my reservation.
John

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print