Send Topic Print
Holy Crap! (Read 1605 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Holy Crap!
06/11/21 at 03:54:51

I enjoy spending an hour or so listening to music while researching audio on the web in the evenings, and tonight I came across this from a company called EIZZ who manufactures some of our higher end tube sockets (and is one of the most copied companies I know of with many faked Chinese copies flooding eBay and other places.) and I just had to share it...

It's not a misprint.  That's a 1 inch tweeter.  The dome is made from diamonds and some kind of binder.

So the question becomes, which tweeter purchase would an audiophile live longer with... this tweeter which will get you divorced... or the plasma tweeter that created enough ozone to kill you within hours in a contained space.  

Thank God we can't hear tweeters anymore...  haha just a little humor there.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Brian
Seasoned Member

Re: Holy Crap!
Reply #1 - 06/11/21 at 04:20:49

What is the purpose of the little heart icon in the corner? Do I click on that if I have coronary arrest?

Brian

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #2 - 06/11/21 at 11:23:33

"Hey Honey, do you mind if I buy you some diamonds"?
I might try to run that by the War Department.

Hell I've been trying to work up the nerve to ask if I can spend a couple of grand on some Satori drivers. I must be what the old timers called Henpecked.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
ScottGA
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 06/11/21 at 15:23:10

So this is similar to the Spatial Audio M3 Sapphire speakers that use synthetic sapphire for the tweeter. A pair of the M3's is less than 10K so almost one diamond tweeter or a working pair of synthetic sapphire tweeters as well as 4 woofers and the finished OB everything...hmmmm. The Sapphires evidently do sound wonderful and I can only guess that the diamond ones would sound about the same, but I can't see actually using them in place of the synthetic sapphire, especially since it is not on a ring/necklace/earrings  :)

Martin Logan CLS/Crown CDi100 amp/Audio Research SP9 pre/CAL Aria tube CD/DAC-X6MKII BT/USB/Eminent Technology LFT-11 speakers/AMC 3050 integrated/Gallo Due & Micros surround/HD-600 & AMBEO Smartheadset for binaural recording
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print