Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/18/24 at 18:44:04 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
For Sale: PS Audio DirectStream Sr. DAC (Read 1591 times)
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

For Sale: PS Audio DirectStream Sr. DAC
06/07/21 at 19:43:47

This was purchased as a dealer demo in the Philippines. Once back in the USA I sent it to PSA for a voltage conversion in May 2021.  PSA also updated it to Sunlight the latest and last update for this DAC.

To the best of my knowledge, functionally this unit is 100%. I have used RCA outs, Toslink and COAX in. Using the remotes works as expected. Using the touch screen you can access all the menus and make adjustments. You do need the remote for certain functions like turning off the screen.

Cosmetically unfortunately it is not. This unit was sold to me as in “excellent” condition, it wasn’t and still isn’t. There are scrapes and marks on the case. The painted top is really rough with scratches. I did my best with a flashlight to really highlight the top scratches.  I do believe with some polish or compound and a lot of elbow grease you could get a nice mirror finish on top. There would still be a few scratches on the case. Good news is the front face is just about free of scratches. there are a few on the corners. not visible with a quick glance.

The photos show the protective film on the top, PSA place that on it which I find comical with how bad the top is.

Some polishing compound might return the top to a mirror finish.

The screen works fine.

I want to stress this is not how I care for my equipment! I purchased used sight unseen and it was in really rough condition.

This does not have the bridge installed.

includes two PSA remotes.

Possible bonus, I had a SR Blue fuse in it when I sent it to PSA for the voltage swap. I didn’t ask or check to see if it’s still in there. If you’re really serious about buying and must know, I can unpack it and take it apart to check.

Includes:
PS Audio DirectStream Sr. DAC Silver
2 remotes
1x Cheapie PC.

I’m asking $2,800 NET to me. I’m willing to drive and meet if your local to the Philly area.

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | STL "Super Tube Rectifier" STR-1002 | SRA Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15
  IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Re: For Sale: PS Audio DirectStream Sr. DAC
Reply #1 - 06/07/21 at 20:48:27

Wow, that is a great deal. The Sunlight upgrade is PS Audio's finale to a storied DAC. If I needed a stellar DAC I'd run headlong into this incredible deal, not just great bang for the buck but more like a nuclear explosion for the buck! Smiley

IP Logged
GroovySauce
Seasoned Member

Re: For Sale: PS Audio DirectStream Sr. DAC
Reply #2 - 07/13/21 at 15:00:54

Price Drop $2,600

Maximus NEO TT|ViV Rigid Float TA | Phasemation PP-200 or Hana ML | Sutherland Little Loco MK2 | Innuos ZENith MK3 | LampizatOr GA TRP | EMIA Remote Autoformer | STL "Super Tube Rectifier" STR-1002 | SRA Cables | PAP Quintet 15 1.6 Voxativ |Torus AVR15
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print