Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 13:07:47 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
TORR II / IIjr / Zen Omni / Spatial X5 (Read 1838 times)
VernV
Verified Member

TORR II / IIjr / Zen Omni / Spatial X5
06/06/21 at 14:22:53

Hello everyone,
I am considering ordering a set of TORR II or TOR IIjr Mono's along with a set of Zen Omni's and would like to know if anyone here has this setup and any comments you might add.

I am currently running a PS Audio stack (DS DAC, BHK Preamp, BHK 300 Mono's, P12 and P20 Regenerators), Pink Faun 2.16x Ultra Streamer, OPPOmod fully optioned spinner (that gets almost no use), Spatial X5's which I dearly love and a pair of SVS3000 subs for low end fill.

The music I listen to is full spectrum including Rock, Jazz, Country, Classical, Electronic, Rap, Pop. Nothing is really off the table depending on my mood at the time.

I wouldn't be selling anything just adding the amps and speakers to the system as options. The way my system is setup I need to run monoblocks as I have an amp on each side of a fireplace and speakers out in front of the amps.

My source stack is in a closet behind the listening position and I run long XLR's to the amps.

This forum seems just as friendly and open as PS Audio's and is a breath of fresh air in all of the negativity that abounds the general internet forum space.

Thanks for any input you might have.

IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Re: TORR II / IIjr / Zen Omni / Spatial X5
Reply #1 - 06/06/21 at 17:10:16

VernV- Welcome to the forum, it is a great place to check ideas, gather info and opinions and get a laugh. Sounds like you have quite a rig already, though I think the Decware gear and speakers you mention are going to present a different picture. I personally like PSA, get Paul's posts daily. Had a PS pre-amp way back in the day and sold a few of the 200C power amps when I was in that business. After I had a proof of concept moment with the Zen 2 watt SE84CS, I ended up selling all my electronics and got our Decware system and Omega. I hear good things about the current PSA gear and would love to read about your thought comparing the two systems. Keep us posted and happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
VernV
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 06/06/21 at 19:05:37

Thanks Chris,
Yes the PSA gear is really nice but someone over at their forum pointed me in this direction last winter and I have been thinking about it ever since. I really like the personal touches that a smaller business like PSA or Decware bring to the market place. Just being able to discuss any topic on the construction or use with one of the owners adds so much value to the product that it is worth any hiccups along the way.
Both companies seem to be laser focused on getting the best output from the best components available and that is what brought me to PSA originally and to Decware now. I hadnt had a nice stereo since the mid 90's and it is nice to see how things have changed since then. I have a small machine shop and like to think that I treat my customers with the same respect as both of these places do.
It looks like it will be a few months before I will see any of the Decware gear once ordered but I know it will be worth the wait.
There was a wait on a few of the PSA components and my Spatial X5's took 6 or 8 months to get also but I have the same feeling about them. Being hand made of the best components available with a super support system makes all the difference.
I have a set of Tekton speakers that are much the same. You talk to the developer, designer and builder and that means a lot.
Vern

IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #3 - 06/06/21 at 22:47:14

You are welcome Vern. Small world, i've worked in manufacturing for a long while, I hope your shop is busy and that you made it through this last year and a half okay. I read most of Steve's papers and asked a lot of questions when I was in the early stages of research into the Zen path. It is nice to have access to the main man when needed and yes there seems to be a lot of similarities between Decware and PSA in the focus to bring products to market. Quite a few PSA users on this forum and for good reason I think. You may want to post your questions about the amps on the page for that product, I bet you'll get some good responses. I would like to try out of the PSA  regenerators, but that's going to be down the road. Happy listening and check out wvpi.com if you have time, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #4 - 06/07/21 at 01:32:03

I might have machined a thing or two  over the years.
Currently I'm in charge of the technical side of machining for a company that makes giant yellow trucks.

That is my day job. On weekends I make half assed speakers.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
VernV
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 06/07/21 at 11:48:43

Chris,
That's a really nice looking machine shop. We are a lot smaller that that. Just 4 people total and I am trying really hard to retire but it's not working out too well so far. Smiley

We never slowed down during Covid as the Governor decided we were essential to the economy as our primary customers are transportation, pharma, and power generation.

I'll post a thread over on the TorrII page and see if I get any replies concerning the combo.

Donnie,
Sounds like a fun job. I have a couple of smaller yellow pieces but they have a Deere on the side. Not sure if you are at the CAT shop or the Deere shop.

Vern

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print