Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 11:10:08 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DIY'd Betsy & Buck Baffles - Local Pickup in NC (Read 1174 times)
CJinArcadia
Verified Member

DIY'd Betsy & Buck Baffles - Local Pickup in NC
06/05/21 at 19:11:56

Local Pickup near Winston-Salem, NC only. No shipping. $70

This is a pair of baffles that served as a prototype for my version of Caintuck Audio's Betsy & Buck. You would need to buy and install your own Wild Burro Betsy's and Eminence Alpha 10A drivers.

This pair is nice looking, but it is glued and clamped mdf, with a couple of coats of spray paint; so don't be expecting a super finish. They looked good enough that my wife allowed them to reside in our living room (she much prefers the pair I made in cherry). This pair is made for rear mounting the drivers. The front baffle edges have been rounded over with a 3/8" router bit.

They include a 10mH choke wired in with the 10A driver so that it only sees frequencies around 120 Hz and below. Once you've installed drivers, they are all set for hooking up to your amp.

Chris
Here are the baffles:

" alt="" title="" border="0" />

Here's what they looked like with the drivers installed in my system. Drivers are not included.

Raspberry Pi/allo DigiOne streamer/server; MHDT Orchid DAC, Unique Audio tube pre; diy Curtis Spud amp; anticable & diy cables; diy Betsy(alnico) & Buck speakers
  IP Logged
CJinArcadia
Verified Member

Re: DIY'd Betsy & Buck Baffles - Local Pickup in NC
Reply #1 - 10/22/21 at 21:19:00

So its been over three months and no one has come to pick these up. So, I've put them through the table saw (removed the long screws first!) and split the panel from the base. They now can be shipped.

They'll still include the front panel, base, wires, chokes, screws, screw buttons, and speaker wire terminals. Still just $70 but now we'll need to add on shipping (which will be dependent on location).

The new owner may want to give them another shot of black paint (or other color if you wish) prior to mounting their drivers. (And you could probably use different drivers too.)

Remember, you will need to provide the drivers. And I'd suggest gluing and screwing the bases and panels back together.
Chris

Raspberry Pi/allo DigiOne streamer/server; MHDT Orchid DAC, Unique Audio tube pre; diy Curtis Spud amp; anticable & diy cables; diy Betsy(alnico) & Buck speakers
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print