Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cables for ZROCK2 (Read 1780 times)
Goga
Verified Member

Cables for ZROCK2
06/03/21 at 20:58:44

Hi,

I have a question for the past/current ZROCK users.

What IC Cables do you use? Also, what power cord?

Thanks!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Cables for ZROCK2
Reply #1 - 06/03/21 at 21:35:58

I use VooDoo Cable Stradivarius Amati, and PS Audio AC-12. It deserves the best! And at that time I could afford to oblige it.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Goga
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 06/04/21 at 14:43:44

I'm sure VooDoo cables sound great but those are out of my budget  :o

I would like to know what more affordable cables work/sound the best with ZROCK. There are so many choices... OFC copper, OCC copper, silver plated copper, shielded/unshielded etc.

Thanks!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 06/04/21 at 15:12:43

I've tried (and put into the cupboard) a number of different interconnects with the ZROCK2 that lead to great sound, in large part due to its own inherent flexibilty of tone and texture. And several power cables. The truth is that the component will shine with many choices, and system synergy and your ears will determine what is the best regardless of or within a price point. I used the same cabling as in the rest of my system, that works well for my main system.

I honestly have found really good sound for my audio/visual system using an AC-12 power cord and an AUDIOQUEST YIQ-5 silver conductor component video cable. Long discontinued, it can be found around 100 to 150 and surprised the heck out of me that using two of the three cables yielded smooth but wide and quiet sound, I use it between my ZROCK2 and CSP2+ and between that preamp and the Taboo Mk IV in my audio/visual system. Other good cables I have used are cryoset.com and MAC cables, also now discontinued. And if you can afford them, Graphite Audio interconnects are amazing bang for the buck. In power cords though I don't hear the giant killing magic that many do using them, the Iconoclast BAV power cords are also big bang for buck cables, I use some of these in my headphone only system.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print