04/18/24 at 06:44:45 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Newbie in NC (Read 2274 times)
CJinArcadia
Verified Member

Newbie in NC
05/30/21 at 23:43:54

I've been looking at Steve's amps for a number of years but have never bit since I was running pretty inefficient speakers (can you say Theil). I've recently put those speakers down in the basement and have gone through a few variations of open baffles based on the Caintuck low barrel baffle using a Betsy. This has opened a whole new arena of possibilities and I love the sound. Looking forward to one day getting a Decware amp in my system and see (or rather hear) what everyone raves about.

Chris

Raspberry Pi/allo DigiOne streamer/server; MHDT Orchid DAC, Unique Audio tube pre; diy Curtis Spud amp; anticable & diy cables; diy Betsy(alnico) & Buck speakers
  IP Logged
dvl

Re: Newbie in NC
Reply #1 - 05/31/21 at 01:31:22

i am assuming since your handle is CJ in Arcadia you are in Arcadia, NC. If you ever get over to Durham, bring your speakers and stop by to listen to a Torii Jr. if you'd like. Or just come by without your speakers. i am happy to give you a listen!

dvl

IP Logged
CJinArcadia
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 05/31/21 at 02:35:26

Thank you very much dvl. Arcadia is a small community just south of Winston-Salem. So, not too big of a drive over to your area.

Raspberry Pi/allo DigiOne streamer/server; MHDT Orchid DAC, Unique Audio tube pre; diy Curtis Spud amp; anticable & diy cables; diy Betsy(alnico) & Buck speakers
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #3 - 05/31/21 at 03:02:56

I once did 3 months in the Davidson County Jail over a sight misunderstanding about what entails gambling.
It was Gin Rummy for goodness sakes!

Not the worst jail I've ever been in.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #4 - 05/31/21 at 16:45:50

Welcome CJ- I bet you will be happy as heck with one of Steve's amps and those speakers. I built a CS84SE 2 watt Zen to prove out the concept after years of reading darn near everything Steve wrote and participating on this forum. Then sold everything but the TT and bought our new Decware gear and Omega speakers and have never looked back or regretted that decision. Please keep us posted on your trek and welcome aboard !! Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
CJinArcadia
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 05/31/21 at 18:17:33

Thanks for the welcome folks.

And Donnie: Lexington does have a pretty nice facility for the county. I've been there too, but fortunately, it was only for a morning tour. From what some of our past sheriffs have gotten into, how could they get worked up over a game of rummy??

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print