Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/16/24 at 21:16:38 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Help! Need SE84C kit manual (Read 1663 times)
jonshu
Verified Member

Help! Need SE84C kit manual
04/27/21 at 03:22:12

Before the dawn of time Decware sold the SE84C in kit form.  I bought the kit, never got around to assembling it, and—several house moves later—I’ve still got the kit of parts but I’ve mislaid the instruction manual.

I know that there are old videos on YouTube covering this subject but the videos are fuzzy and it appears that some videos in this series are no longer available.

I was wondering if any Decware old timers might possibly still have the assembly guide and whether they can send me scans of them.   Barring that, if somebody out there has an original SE84C, can you send me detailed photos of the point-by-point wiring underneath?  Many, many thanks.

Jonathan

IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Re: Help! Need SE84C kit manual
Reply #1 - 04/27/21 at 03:37:03

Jonathan, go to the Decware home page, click on Speakers, then click on the blue hot link at the bottom of the page. Then scroll down to Zkit 1 and there are assembly instructions & schematics.

Have fun!

Brad

IP Logged
jonshu
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 04/27/21 at 19:21:46

Many thanks for the reply, however I wasn't sufficiently clear. Humble apologies. I didn't mean the kit model with the PC board, I meant the preceding model with the birds nest wiring.
Got any other ideas? All suggestions welcomed.
-Jonathan

IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #3 - 04/27/21 at 21:37:20

Jonshu - I built a SE84CS about 100 years ago and may still have all the docs to assemble it etc. If this is of interest to you, let me know and I'll dig it up tonight (if it's where I think it is) and we can make arrangements to get it in your hands. It was a great amp, a gateway into the SET quest that proved it was the way to go for me. Let me know and happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/27/21 at 22:40:48

as per my post:  https://www.decware.com/newsite/SE84CDIY.htm

there are links for assembly instructions & schematics.

Screenshot_2021-04-27_Zen_Triode_SET_kit_amplifier_model_ZKIT1.png
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print