Send Topic Print
My desk at work (Read 2764 times)
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

My desk at work
04/24/21 at 02:15:54

Today litefootdan texted me asking if I ever listen to my Continuum II speakers and I replied to him with a picture of them playing at that very moment on my desk.

So that got me thinking about who has the most ridiculous desktop system out there?

Mine consists of the Continuum's powered by a Wadia PowerDac 151 streaming from my ginormus engineering workstation that my employer has paid a buttload of money for just so I can read emails.

I do have to give up a lot of listening pleasure  because there are other people a couple cubes over from me even in this Covid ravaged time.

The music is played a little louder in the 5:15-6:30 AM timeframe when the office is empty.

But the speakers have to stay in my overhead just in case someone feels sticky fingered. I do the best with the situation presented me.
So what do you all have?

And yes there are some rather strange things on my desk if you look closely.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Re: My desk at work
Reply #1 - 04/24/21 at 13:32:05

Cool workstation and speakers. That mask hanging there is very strange.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #2 - 04/24/21 at 14:00:41

Looks nice, and you did a great job on those speakers. I don't have a workstation any longer, retired just three weeks shy of 13 years now. Last time I was in an office setting I had to have music so low. . . that it was better just not to have it. Sure missed it, but it made my getting home and sitting in front of the system such a wonderful thing!

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #3 - 04/24/21 at 15:02:29

I'm surprised that no one noticed the picture of the dog in a suit on my desk! The picture showed up one day, a gift from my co-workers.

The mask hanging down is just drying off, I wash my masks every day and just hang them from my name tag.

Yeah work is starting to become tiresome, I've been working full time since 1976 and I'm growing weary of it.

The music helps though, it keeps my mind fresh.

I just stream Pandora because I don't have to download a player for it, there is no outside software allowed on our computers. In fact they have disabled the USB drives to keep us from transferring any company secrets onto any external drives.

Modern business is all secretive.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print