Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 06:19:09 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Shipping MG944 suggestions... (Read 2219 times)
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Shipping MG944 suggestions...
04/19/21 at 20:12:41

I have a nice pair of MG944s that I'd like to sell.  I already have a few interested buyers; however, I've not officially put them on the market as I'm not sure how to ship them.

Any advice?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Shipping MG944 suggestions...
Reply #1 - 04/19/21 at 22:07:34

Have you considered UPS Store? It will cost but it should be safely packed and insured. . .and the buyer will be happy and you can pass the cost on.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/20/21 at 02:26:22

I sold a pair of Martin Logan Theos just  before I jumped all ib for Decware and Omega. UPS. They were about 40 lbs. each.  Original shipping boxes. PA to GA. Cost $500 and the buyer shared none of it.

IP Logged
Lin
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/20/21 at 03:38:16

UHaul and others have shipping boxes that might work with insulation foam board.

IP Logged
EdwardT
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 04/20/21 at 13:05:57

The seller put my speaker cabs in shrink wrap surrounded by 3/4” foam board panels when they shipped to Alabama from Boise and they were perfect. Shipping was $60+ for empty cabs. The 946s were pretty much the same packaging, foam insulation board all around and UHaul boxes cut and taped to fit. Because the speaker posts extend so far the aluminum panels took some dent damage, not because the shipper was neglectful but because the delivery included rolling the box out of the truck down the drivers steps to the ground. The Monolith horns, packaged the same way took no damage. Shipping was over $150 from FL to AL.

IP Logged
Matchstikman
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 04/20/21 at 14:50:45

Boxes big enough are fairly expensive.  I can't find anywhere where I can buy one box.  I have to buy them by the lot.

I originally purchased these MG944s and picked them up from Ziggy at his home in Arizona before he left.  They are truly amazing speakers but they are gathering dust and they need a good home.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print