03/29/24 at 09:41:22 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Zkit 2 question (Read 2220 times)
piezoman
Ex Member

Zkit 2 question
04/19/21 at 03:30:30

I've started to think about the idea of building a pair of monoblocks using the Zkit 2 platform. Has anyone recently done this, or costed this out?

This would be my 1st attempt ever at building anything like this. I'm guessing its pretty stupid proof, good for a total beginner.

Any pitfalls to avoid? Words of wisdom for dummies?

Any suggestions on which parts to seriously upgrade from the suggested list of parts? I'd really like to make it count and build a pair of monoblocks that could give the current SE8UFO production models a serious run for the money, without paying the sticker price and long wait time.

Thanks!

Brad

IP Logged
KS
Verified Member

Re: Zkit 2 question
Reply #1 - 09/11/21 at 01:22:10

Brad -

The EDCOR transformers (leadtime 8 wks) just arrived for my dual/mono stereo kit project. Between EDCOR, Partsexpress, Parts ConneXion, and eBay, I am finally ready to start the build.

I am starting with the direction provided by Decware and who knows where I will end up, but there is no better tube kit available in my opinion.

KS

IP Logged
RonFranks
Verified Member

Re: Zkit 2 question
Reply #2 - 10/15/21 at 15:17:10

I’ve been working on ZKIT2 monoblocks and I’ll be ready to test them soon.  The Adobe Acrobat assembly document at the end of the parts list was lost due to a computer crash according to Steve Deckert.  Does anyone have a copy of the document they could provide?  It would be greatly appreciated.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print