03/29/24 at 15:57:14 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Roon Stuff (Read 1843 times)
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Roon Stuff
04/16/21 at 22:40:05

Suffered a power outage last week. Reset my router afterwards but my Android app and CXN V2 would not connect to the core.
Tried several Roon help fixes, argh no luck. Realized I had not reset the WiFi mesh extender. Reset it and all is well.

The moral of my story - check the simple things first 😉. BTW, I love Roon and Qobuz. The combo is killer great.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
DPC
Ex Member

Re: Roon Stuff
Reply #1 - 04/17/21 at 00:00:39

Now where the hell did I put the password??????????

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #2 - 04/20/21 at 20:38:20

I really like the ease of setup for Roon. So much so that I bought the lifetime account.

I still think a well tuned PC running Foobar can sound better, but Roon is as close to plug and play as you can get without a very expensive piece of hardware that will inevitably be outdated.

Not sure I always agree with Roon "interface improvements", but hey, at least they are working on things. LOL

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 10/28/22 at 14:35:54

Thoroughly enjoying the Qobuz and Roon combination. This morning had a hiccup playing a Qobuz playlist and stored albums via Roon. Logged out of Qobuz, logged back in kept getting an access unavailable message. Logged out if Qobuz, rebooted the Roon core, still no luck. Man this is a head scratcher.

Tried again on my desktop computer with the core. When logging into Qobuz this time, noticed I was using an old email address to log into my Qobuz account. No wonder I only had three albums showing up and no connectivity via Roon.

Duh! Sometimes it's the simplest things. My wife believes Alzheimer's is setting in 😁.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #4 - 10/28/22 at 15:26:10

Quote:
Posted by: HockessinKid      Posted on: Today at 14:35:54

... When logging into Qobuz this time, noticed I was using an old email address to log into my Qobuz account...

Yeah, computers and networking are/were my day job for close to 40 years and stuff like that makes me nuts. I love Qubuz and I've bought a bunch of music that hasn't existed on physical media for years (or decades) for pretty cheap. But even beyond the technical aspects of optimizing the bit stream I've no interest in streaming exactly because of dealing with accounts and stuff.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 10/28/22 at 18:02:18

CA James,

I understand your desire to avoid more accounts and some of the complexity associated with streaming high resolution music. It can be a PITA.

Since we have Verizon FIOS internet w/ a WiFi extender and  a robust desktop computer set up I gave it a try. Opting for a Roon Ready (endpoint) Cambridge CXN V2 w/ the Modwright tube modification made all the difference. It was pretty easy to set up even for a neanderthal like me. Only hiccups I've had is when Internet service goes down and then I just spin some CD's or vinyl.

HK

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print