Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/20/24 at 12:55:12 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ordered but not onthe list. SHould I be worried? (Read 6502 times)
tubeshy
Verified Member

Ordered but not onthe list. SHould I be worried?
04/12/21 at 17:26:57

All, I ordered 3/30 and then saw the money hadn't come out (which I thought for PayPal was instantaneous. So after a week or so I emailed Sarah and asked if I could add an upgrade. She emailed back to clarify the upgrade but thats it.

A few days ago I left a VM as my name is not on the amplifier list 3 weeks after ordering and got no response.

I don't want to be a PITA but this happened a few years ago with a different company and after 4 months of a 4 month wait I found out they never built the amp and lost the order. After verifying the order I did get my amp another 4 months later. So 8 months.

I have such terrible luck.

So I guess I wonder if I should be worried (not that I can do anything about it really).

IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Re: Ordered but not onthe list. SHould I be worried?
Reply #1 - 04/12/21 at 18:55:39

Give them a phone call. Much easier to get an answer that way.

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
tubeshy
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 04/12/21 at 18:57:46

Haven't heard back from the last call.

IP Logged
kulafu
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 04/12/21 at 22:05:04

Agree.  Keep calling them and dont give up.  Sarah must be very busy right now with probably a significant demand in orders given a recent great review.  Sometimes you will get lucky and she can answer.  When I ordered back in January, there was a lag from my purchase to get on the wait list.  Keep the faith, keep calling and everything will turn out ok!
Bob

Omega SAMS,Altec 604 8K, Liionidas Silver 10/W-15,UFO25th/Cary SET Monos/Torii Jr,CSP3 25th Holo May KTE ,HQP/USB/Pulse/EtherRegen, Roon/Thorens 1600(Decware ICs, speaker wires/Equi=Core 1800, SFDBs and future STR-1002)
  IP Logged
acousticsguru
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 04/12/21 at 22:30:46

Do I understand correctly your PayPal hasn't been charged yet, so the order is displayed as "Pending"? That's what I got for a couple of weeks or so. If that's the case, just wait until Sarah gets to your order and sends a confirmation. The order gets added once the PayPal order is accepted, i.e. no longer "Pending".

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

IP Logged
tubeshy
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 04/12/21 at 22:32:58

Ahh, ok. If I had known that I wouldnt be a pest. PayPal lists the transaction as "Order Placed" so thats probably it..

OK good to know.

IP Logged
kulafu
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 04/12/21 at 23:37:04

Ok.  I missed the paypal.  I experienced the same thing with a paypal payment and it took a while on the waitlist because of that.  In this case, once Sarah processed the order after I spoke to her, it was paid in full vice the 10% non refundable deposit.  Had I known that, I would not have used paypal.
Bob

Omega SAMS,Altec 604 8K, Liionidas Silver 10/W-15,UFO25th/Cary SET Monos/Torii Jr,CSP3 25th Holo May KTE ,HQP/USB/Pulse/EtherRegen, Roon/Thorens 1600(Decware ICs, speaker wires/Equi=Core 1800, SFDBs and future STR-1002)
  IP Logged
tubeshy
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 04/13/21 at 00:00:00

I definitely wouldn't use Paypal if I had known that as well.

IP Logged
MrDerrick
Seasoned Member

May The Source Be
With You!

Reply #8 - 04/13/21 at 00:11:17

From my past experiences.

Your PayPal account is not charged until your order is fully processed.

Personally, I used PayPal 6 months same as cash financing with my purchases.

So my orders took over a month to process, giving me an extra month to pay.

I pay the orders off slowly while I wait.

Which now looks like 6 months for a build, believe me, it will be worth the wait.

Edit: Just for clarification, "order fully processed" refers to the clerical end of the order, not the assembly.

1.4/1.5 MHz 20 Bit PCM Qobuz or SSD
HQPE - sonicTransporter i9
HQP Client - i3 Tablet
HQP NAA - Sonore Sig Series Rendu
USB > Holo KTE May > SA1X/47 > ZBIT > ZSTAGE25 > SE84UFO25
Avantgarde Duo Omega & Townshend Super Tweeters
IsoMax > Rives Parc > SUB225s
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #9 - 04/13/21 at 00:54:48

I'm going to ask a very basic question:
Did you look all of the way on the bottom of the list? All 486 places as of right now.

There are a boat load of orders out there.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
ArtMan
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 04/13/21 at 02:39:27

I ordered the 25th anniversary amp with Paypal and the entire cost was withdrawn up front.

Acer Laptop, Curious USB cable, Holo Audio May L2 DAC, ZRock 2, SE84UFO25, Fast 15 Network, Caintuck Audio Fast 15, Decware DSR3S/DHC2/ZFOCUS cables, Swiss Digital Fuse Boxes, Cryotone tubes (5AR4-WC, EL84-WC X 2, ECC88-WC, 0A3-WC X 2, 0D3-WC, 12AU7-WCL)
  IP Logged
tubeshy
Verified Member

Reply #11 - 04/13/21 at 16:37:42

@Donnie

yes, sort by order date, descending.

IP Logged
sfw
Verified Member

Reply #12 - 04/16/21 at 17:18:43

I ordered an amp on 4/11 using a plain credit card and I’m not on the build list yet, either. The list doesn’t seem to have been appended with new orders since 4/8. Perhaps this has more to do with Decware being busy (or maybe vacationing) than with PayPal.

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #13 - 04/16/21 at 18:00:10

The list gets updated once a week or sometimes every two weeks if Sarah is super busy, as I expect she is right now. As long as you get a confirmation email that your order has been received, all is well. Just chill & breath all you newbies 😎.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Kruegs
Verified Member

Reply #14 - 05/02/21 at 01:52:15

I was also nervous when I placed my order and it didn't show up on the list for 3 weeks +. Decware is extremely busy right now. Just be patient and it will be there. I also placed my order using Paypal and the full amount was charged when my order was put on the list. The Decware website says that you will be charged in full at time of order if using Paypal.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print