Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/11/21 at 02:58:22 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
UPDATED AND UPGRADED PARTS LIST? (Read 236 times)
Carbon13
Verified Member

UPDATED AND UPGRADED PARTS LIST?
04/03/21 at 17:16:20

Hi There,

First time poster. I have to say that actually posting on this forum is the most challenging forum I have ever experienced! Tricks to register, ok I get that for not getting bots but I almost gave up and I was lucky to find Steve's post about the trick to register.

Then I wrote my first post, finally got my revised parts list to show up and I get a message that I have to post 2 "regular" posts first. DOH!! Smiley

OK, so here's #1!!

IP Logged
Carbon13
Verified Member

Re: UPDATED AND UPGRADED PARTS LIST?
Reply #1 - 04/03/21 at 17:17:27

And here's my second... Smiley

IP Logged
Carbon13
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 04/03/21 at 17:22:10

OK, so now that's out of the way...

I'm really interested in building the ZKIT but want to make sure all the parts are readily available as I noted some of the listed parts are backordered or obsolete on mouser. I've created an updated parts list that includes some replacement parts, some "upgrades" I've read about, anniversary mods and items relevant to a chassis mount build. I was hoping someone more experienced would be willing to take a look and make sure that my parts are appropriate for the ZKIT build and, suggest any other upgrades I may wish to consider? Thanks in advance!!

IP Logged
bobc
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 04/10/21 at 00:31:06

Hi. Haven't seen a response, so if it helps.

Its a lot to go through the list and x-ref everything. That said.... I have built this circuit up a few times (including stock zkit2).

For parts. Main thing is voltage rating. Second thing is I've only used carbon on plate resistors.

Focus on the .1 caps in the main signal path. The rest filter the power supply, which you hear of course, but I think a little less audible. If you have large cool caps and crazy long leads could create issues too. Good news,  you have flexibility. The board is built like a tank and support multiple part removal replacements if you are careful.

Enjoy!

IP Logged
Carbon13
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 04/19/21 at 18:22:14

Thanks for the reply! I decided that I may be safer to go with a bottlehead kit for my first one as it seems a bit more straightforward and everything is essentially included in the kit. That said, I'm still very interested in trying out Decware gear at some point. Maybe a zen amp sometime in the future.

IP Logged
SteveB
Verified Member

It's a fine line
between hobby and
mental illness.

Reply #5 - 05/02/21 at 03:07:48

You can also look into Oddwatt or Elekit. Oddwatt offers their Podwatt for $750. It is an EL84 push pull amp and uses Edcor transformers. It has three inputs and puts out about 5 watts.

SOTA sapphire turntable with Soundsmith the Voice cartridge
Schiit Jotunheim with phono card
Schiit Gungnir Multibit
1959 Motorola EL84 tube amp
Decware imperials with Altec 811b horns and Alnico drivers
Raspberry pi / Volumio as a streamer
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print