04/16/24 at 18:57:53 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
HR1 Upgrade (Read 1797 times)
Blueone302
Seasoned Member

HR1 Upgrade
03/29/21 at 01:39:03

So, I finally dropped off my HR1's for Bob (Ziggy) to upgrade.  Bob was gracious enough to let me listen to my pair and then a modified pair.  It was very clear that the modifications improve the sound of the HR's.  In the abbreviated time I got to listen, it was evident that the changes improve the weight or bass.  Vocals were.... or seemed to be clearer.  I thought I was hearing more detail; but, I'll hold off until I get mine back and do some extended listening time to say more.  I do know that I'm looking forward to it.

Decware ZMA w/ mods, Don Sachs Model 2 line stage, Decware: HR-1’s w/mods, Cambridge Audio CXN (V2), Cambridge Audio CXC CD Transport, Ice Age Audio: Cryo Copper Power Cords, Better Cables: Silver Serpent Interconnect Cables, Maple Shade Double Helix V2+ Spkr Wire
  IP Logged
Blueone302
Seasoned Member

Re: HR1 Upgrade
Reply #1 - 04/08/21 at 20:37:41

Update:  With more sure to come.  Picked our HR1's up from Bob yesterday.  First of all, I just had surgery a few days before.  Bob was super gracious and helped my wife load them.  We got them home and hooked up.  Right off the bat, I think I'm hearing some great things. Actually.... Some I'm sure I'm hearing.  Bottom line, this upgrade is not miniscule.  It is definitely audible.   Even my wife who never makes comments took notice.  I like to journal and take notes; so Ill be back with a real update in a few weeks or so.  For now, I just want to soak it in. But, if you're on the fence about these, I'd jump off on the HR1 side.  Otherwise, you'll end up with a speaker splinter.  Joyful Listening!  J

Decware ZMA w/ mods, Don Sachs Model 2 line stage, Decware: HR-1’s w/mods, Cambridge Audio CXN (V2), Cambridge Audio CXC CD Transport, Ice Age Audio: Cryo Copper Power Cords, Better Cables: Silver Serpent Interconnect Cables, Maple Shade Double Helix V2+ Spkr Wire
  IP Logged
Ahb3u
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 02/24/22 at 22:00:38

Hi. New member here.
I have a zma on the list
I am thinking about picking up Ron’s upgraded HR-1
Just seeing if you are still happy with yours!

EtherRegen/AfterDark Double Emperor clock> Innuos Zenith SE> Phoenix USB reclocker>Modwright Oppo205 and TD125>VosneRomanee>SE84ufo25> Caintuck Magnum Lii F15, Rel S510, Townshend Supertweeters and vibration control; Sound Application SA-XE Line power conditioner
  IP Logged
Blueone302
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 02/26/22 at 00:42:29

Yes.  I am very much satisfied.  I took possession of a new ZMA at Christmas.  That addition helped the sound quality increase markedly.  IMHO, can’t see how you can go wrong.

Good Luck!

J

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print