Decware Audio Forums
04/24/24 at 09:54:08 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rachael (Read 702 times)
Beerfab

Rachael
03/25/21 at 17:41:46

Woo Hoo.  my name finally popped up on the wait list.   count down to impending happiness is officially running.

IP Logged
Bilyeaux
Seasoned Member

Re: Rachael
Reply #1 - 03/25/21 at 23:45:17

Cool, my UFO ordered 6th of January and am still trying to decide on UfO2 or Rachael! What influenced your decision?

ARC LS25MK2, UFO2.1 & Denafrips Pontus II DAC, PSA P300 Regen, Rega P6 w/ NEO and Rega MM Phono, Marantz CD6006, Bluesound Node 2i, Nakamitchi Cassette, Syzygy Sub, Omega JR XRS Towers & 74' Heresy rebuilt from Crites, ZWIRE speaker, DSRXLR, AQ connects
  IP Logged
Beerfab

Reply #2 - 03/26/21 at 13:34:33

I decided on the SE34i.5 because I wanted a little more power.  I thought the Rachael gave me a bit more flexibility and the price difference was small  so I went that route.

IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #3 - 03/27/21 at 16:43:40

Beerfab - Welcome to the forum. I started with SE84CS 2 watter to prove out the low watt concept and ended up ordering a Rachel just because I wanted the extra juice. Very happy with it the whole set up, I run 807's in the Rachel and couldn't want for more. Keep us posted on your progress and how it all comes together. Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Bilyeaux
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 03/27/21 at 16:53:18

Yes my logic as well, as I have four sources should my steller dac degrade the Decware sound i wont have to purchase more equipment for all to work well

ARC LS25MK2, UFO2.1 & Denafrips Pontus II DAC, PSA P300 Regen, Rega P6 w/ NEO and Rega MM Phono, Marantz CD6006, Bluesound Node 2i, Nakamitchi Cassette, Syzygy Sub, Omega JR XRS Towers & 74' Heresy rebuilt from Crites, ZWIRE speaker, DSRXLR, AQ connects
  IP Logged
Beerfab

Reply #5 - 03/30/21 at 14:48:39

Bilyeaux, I am in Austin.  I am actually reducing my sources.  Trying to simplify a bunch.  I just bought a Gustard DAC that has extremely good measurements and I am building a Rasberry Pi streamer to pair with it that has IIS output for the DAC.  I will be running a pair of Blumenstein Tritons with the Rachael.  I am also looking at building a set of open baffles with the Lii F15 driver too.  

for the streamer I am using a pi 4 with a Pi2 AES HAT board that has balanced, USB, RCA, SPDIF coax and optical, but most importantly it has the I2S output that I can connect to the Gustard X16 DAC.  I believe your PS audio DAC also has I2S but I think the channels are swapped.  Pi2 has a work around for that though.  

Audio Science Review has a great review on the Gustard X16 DAC, it is rated as the second best DAC Amir has tested.

IP Logged
Tommy Freefall
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 03/30/21 at 16:24:41

Beer, the Rachael with those Blumensteins should be a sweet combination!

Torii MkIV w/ 25th ann mods
Rachael SE34I.5
Benchmark AHB2
ERRx
ZStage, ZRock2
Tascam CD-240
Border Patrol DAC
Benchmark DAC3 HGC
Bluesound Node
Zu Audio Mission speaker cables
Decware I/Cs
PI Audio MiniBUSS