Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 15:56:30 

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20
Send Topic Print
How many times have you checked the Wait List? (Read 127792 times)
MikeinMontana
Seasoned Member

Re: How many times have you checked the Wait List?
Reply #800 - 03/11/23 at 14:56:14

'Congrats to all who are moving forward and or have received their amps.

We live vicariously through you!'  [smiley=icqlite20.png]  ...and I'm goin' to park my arse right here til' I get it too!

imgcc.jpg
  IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #801 - 03/12/23 at 04:48:30

Your patience will be rewarded. So worth the wait.

IP Logged
Klipschguy
Verified Member

Reply #802 - 03/12/23 at 14:27:57

I am now in the 30s. Ordered on August 31st 2021

IP Logged
Nuno
Verified Member

Reply #803 - 03/15/23 at 20:44:12

I'm not sure this is because I'm now reaching the second page of the waiting list (... still a lot to go) but lately the list is moving way slower than before. Do you guys notice the same or is it me getting anxious ?  :D

my estimation was that I would get the amp during this summer, looking into the speed the list was moving... now my calculations indicate winter time, I think I will cross the 2 years waiting time (ordered late 2021).

Smiley

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #804 - 03/15/23 at 20:55:41

Yes. Well. . . no one has ever tried to chain Steve to a work space. . . . He has at least one unit out for review, he has Axpona to get ready for and probably a few top secret things we don't know about. Yes, things seem to be going slow, the things we can see, that list.

Waiting is hard. The weird thing for me is that my system sounds better month by month as this goes on and I wonder if I need what I have on order. But every component I wait for exceeds my expectations so. . .I'm waiting as patiently as I can.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
mperdue63
Seasoned Member

Reply #805 - 03/15/23 at 21:15:05

Just got my email from Veronica. Sarah #03 has shipped and should be headed my way soon, shortly. Now I need my CryoTone tube for Sarah set to show up. I ordered the Sarah sans tubes. Wathen is experiencing some supply challenges these days. Happy Happy Day.

LHY SW10}HiFi Rose 130RS}Holo Audio May KTE}Decware Sarah #003}Spatial Audio X5's
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #806 - 03/15/23 at 21:22:53

Well happy day. Congrats! I hope you will share your impressions with us.

Wow, you'll soon be listening to this exciting amp.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #807 - 03/15/23 at 22:14:46

That’s awesome—congratulations! Looking forward to your impressions!

Innuos Pulse-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE R2R-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-Project Carbon Debut TT-Schiit Mani Phono-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
Mannytheseacow
Ex Member

Reply #808 - 03/15/23 at 22:19:14

Quote:
I'm not sure this is because I'm now reaching the second page of the waiting list (... still a lot to go) but lately the list is moving way slower than before. Do you guys notice the same or is it me getting anxious ?  :D

Movement has slowed tremendously (~38%) since the list was split into amps and smallwares.  Previously we were moving an average of 14.5 places per week, now down to 9 places per week.  Although I should note, there is much more data from before the list was split than after the split

For me personally, it has extended my estimated wait by over a year.

But who's counting?  lol   Smiley

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #809 - 03/16/23 at 20:42:47

Got to the top of another waiting list! About eight and a half weeks.

I got my shipping notice for my PS Audio DSD DAC Mark 2. ETA is Sunday, which is unfortunate as I may not be here due to a family gathering that I am loathe to back out of. . . haven’t seen this branch of the family since the fall and really want to. Of course. . . you know how FedEx is. . . the delivery date may change tomorrow, and if not I’ll try to change it to Monday.

Excited! Finally something I’ve waited for is arriving!

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #810 - 03/17/23 at 09:54:38

I got myself in a pickle once with undesirable FedEx delivery times. Turns out FedEx gives the option to divert the shipment to a local FedEx facility for pick up by the recipient.
In my case, it was sent to a local pharmacy that had a FedEx shipping outlet inside the store. The item was in a locked cabinet and released to me with proper ID. It may be to late for your delivery Lon. There is a day or so notice required and must be picked up in a certain time frame.

John

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #811 - 03/17/23 at 11:27:10

In my case the local place is far enough away to ruin my day so to speak--the downside to this idyllic near nature living. So that's not really an option. Now that the package is really in the system and en route I was able to purchase a change of delivery date and moved it to Monday. (Odds are it would probably be delayed til Monday anyway, but this was cheap assurance of a window for delivery I can work around).

Will be sort of fun moving three DSD DACs around. . . my original one out of the headphone system, my modded one from the main system into the headphone system, and the new Mk2 into the main system. Don't we live for these sort of days?  I do.

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #812 - 03/17/23 at 13:10:23

Ahhhh….yess Smiley

One of the questions I had for Steve this week was answered in a way that got me dreaming of the day that it can put into action.

I have this custom build amp and DAC setting around with no intention of letting those get away. Also, a Wicket One with the DHM-108Bs setting idle. My question centered on building a WO32 using the DHM-108s as drivers then mating Tiny Radials to the WO32 bypassed at 80hz. The Tiny Radials are being used in the office with the Zkit1 and DAC dongle now. There is room to add the custom amp for sub use(already equipped with eq modules) and the DAC. The WO32 will fit nicely under the drafting table in the office where the TRs reside on top of said table. Add the CXNv2… Smiley

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #813 - 03/17/23 at 13:21:54

And…..I just got notified the 2nd pressing of Keven Grays mastering work will be delivered today Grin Good times ahead!

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #814 - 04/26/23 at 20:23:20

Glad to share that I actually received two notifications today for my ZROCK2—First “Parts Pulled” and Second “On Bench”

So roughly 5 months after ordering.

Excited!

Innuos Pulse-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE R2R-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-Project Carbon Debut TT-Schiit Mani Phono-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
LiquidBlue

Reply #815 - 04/27/23 at 02:08:45

Congrats Kamran! I'm about to have parts pulled for my amp, as well! I'm at 19 months on the waitlist and so very excited to have it be on the bench for the build soon! I may be getting back on the list for a ZRock2 in the future. Want to get the amp fully broken in and have some time to get familiar and roll tubes to see if it's warranted.

Mofi Ultradeck w/ Hana ML>Sutherland Insight>Eversolo DMP-A6>CSP3-A>SE84UFO25>Energy Veritas>REL T7i
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #816 - 04/27/23 at 02:34:06

Thanks LiquidBlue—at time of ordering, I was set for a 2+ year wait and then the list was divided between amps and non-amps.  It was a very pleasant surprise!

I just completed month 17 for my amp and I’m still somewhere on page 2, so I don’t expect it to ship before this coming winter. I think it will be very close to a 24 month (or more) wait.

IP Logged
LiquidBlue

Reply #817 - 04/27/23 at 03:55:37

Hopefully that'll go quick as well. I noticed they may be getting more amps on the bench at a time than they did a couple of months ago.

Mofi Ultradeck w/ Hana ML>Sutherland Insight>Eversolo DMP-A6>CSP3-A>SE84UFO25>Energy Veritas>REL T7i
  IP Logged
RisingSun
Verified Member

Reply #818 - 05/17/23 at 20:49:53

Here’s my current experience with the accelerated amplifier list.

I ordered a Zen Switch Box on April 22, 2023.  I was 118 on the list.

Three weeks later, it’s moving through quality control today.

It seems they are doing all the Zen Switch Box orders at the same time as nearly all ZSB’s on the list, no matter their list position, are being done today.

For instance a ZSB ordered 6 months before mine is also being done today.

I was expecting mine around September (5 months) and am thrilled that it will end up being likely less than 1 month.

Even back before Decware was “discovered” (or perhaps cursed), a 4 week turnaround would’ve been unexpected.

Luck has played a part as my order seems to be serendipitously timed to parts availability.

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #819 - 05/18/23 at 01:37:47

Wow—that’s an incredible turnaround time.  And here I thought, getting my ZROCK2 just under 6 months was a major milestone.  It is scheduled to arrive tomorrow! Last scanned at 6 pm—4.5 hrs away at a UPS facility in PA.

IP Logged
RisingSun
Verified Member

Reply #820 - 05/18/23 at 01:41:35

How exciting!  The ZRock is amazing.  You’ll love it.

I ordered the Zen Switch Box for a ZR2.

IP Logged
instinct2
Verified Member

Reply #821 - 05/28/23 at 00:22:34

Ordered my ufo 2.1 nineteen months ago.  Ordered the zrock2, zp3 and zmc1 7 months ago.  Was shocked get the zrock last week, now patiently waiting on ufo2.1 to use the zrock, lol!!  Guess I can plug it in and get my burn in done Wink

SE84UFO2.1 25th lvl2
ZRock2 25th lvl2
ZP3 25th lvl2 (ordered)
CPS3 25th lvl3 (ordered)
Turntable (Looking at Rega P6/P8 w/Hana ML)
Speakers - DM947
Cables - DSR3S’s
DAC/Streamer - Wiim Pro Plus
Conditioner - Audioquest Niagara 1200
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #822 - 05/28/23 at 00:53:13

I'm sure you were surprised! Hope you don't have to wait too much longer for the amp.

IP Logged
RisingSun
Verified Member

Reply #823 - 05/28/23 at 01:17:26

My Zen Switch Box is being packed for shipment.  A mere 30 days since ordering.  By Decware standards that’s practically a same day turnaround!

IP Logged
Mannytheseacow
Ex Member

Reply #824 - 05/28/23 at 02:47:49

Add a few more days wait for all those waiting for amps. (Sigh)

IP Logged
BlackBess
Seasoned Member

TURN IT DOWN,I have
children sleeping
here

Reply #825 - 05/28/23 at 13:14:42

I’m about 1260 on the amp list. Moved from page 9 to page 7 in 9 months. A visit to a Decware Zen Festival may be my only chance to actually experience the SEWE 300B amp on this mortal coil. A dark thought, but at this rate we’re taking about an extended wait. At least I’m not going backwards {I think (& if you don’t think too good, don’t think too much)}. But as I patiently wait I can only remember the old adage, first come, first served. This is surely a sign of a company with superior products & a healthy customer base. Some day I hope to join the “club”, I do have some T6’s, but that barely counts.

KEF LS50 wireless 2 w/KC62 sub
Analog Ethos select series 2a3>Klipsch Forte IV
Dennis Had Inspire 6FLV-v>Decware T6
Shanling STP10>JBL N26
Dennis Had 300PSE>Decware DNA 2
IPad mini>Audio Quest Dragonfly cobalt>Focal Clear
Willsenton R300>Bose 601 series I
  IP Logged
RisingSun
Verified Member

Reply #826 - 05/29/23 at 05:53:14

I obviously got lucky with the timing of my Zen Switch Box order.  Just happened to order when they were doing a batch of 10 or so.  Mine was assembled along with orders than had been on the list for 6 months.

To my understanding, the accelerated list was created to increase the speed of the regular list.  Decware is unable to scale to meet demand.  But by putting the simpler to assemble products on their own list, less experienced technicians - ones who aren't otherwise qualified to work on the big ticket items - can move the easy stuff along.  And thereby increase the speed of the main list by a mile per hour or two.  

It's still a long ways to Tipperary any way you slice it for amps.

IP Logged
BlackBess
Seasoned Member

TURN IT DOWN,I have
children sleeping
here

Reply #827 - 05/29/23 at 14:22:08

It seems I might be invoking the ban hammer by saying this but I find the terminology used by Mr. Rising Sun to be questionable. Are you part of the Decware team? “ Less experienced technicians … who aren’t qualified to work on big ticket items “. I hope you don’t mean “poor soldering skills, unable to follow directions or have bad general work habits” Otherwise I’ll be holding off on my ZRock2 order until the “less experienced “ workforce gets up to the required level to build anything that Mr. Deckert asks of them. I’m wondering now if one technician builds an amplifier start to finish? Now with my obviously flawed reasoning process I feel that delivering a product ordered after after me, before my order is processed means that the person building these expedited items could have been working on the next item in line on the original list. Sorry to ruffle some feathers but I don’t seem to play well with others. As I have said before, I want to join the club but as of now, have not had any “Kool Aid”
Meanwhile I’m wondering “How many is blue? Just sitting around with nothing to do”

I guess in the end, it’s all entertainment.

KEF LS50 wireless 2 w/KC62 sub
Analog Ethos select series 2a3>Klipsch Forte IV
Dennis Had Inspire 6FLV-v>Decware T6
Shanling STP10>JBL N26
Dennis Had 300PSE>Decware DNA 2
IPad mini>Audio Quest Dragonfly cobalt>Focal Clear
Willsenton R300>Bose 601 series I
  IP Logged
RisingSun
Verified Member

Reply #828 - 05/29/23 at 18:52:26

It’s just my understanding (right or wrong) of the creation of the accelerated list. It’s a way to very modestly speed up the main list through greater efficiency.

I see no reason nor evidence to conclude that those working on the simpler devices are unqualified to do so, or that the items produced are below the normal Decware standards.  They might be, but we have no evidence to support such a conclusion.

I doubt seriously that Steve halted Sarah construction to personally assemble a batch of Zen Switch Boxes.

The point being that, in theory, the kiddy table list helps move the main list along rather than slow it down - and maintains Decware traditional quality standards.  Only the powers that be are in a position to evaluate the results.  I personally have no idea one way or the other. How could I?

I was fortunate to get the bulk of my Decware stuff just prior to the list entering absurd lengths.  Which of course does nothing to speed up your wait.

The long wait is what it is.   Steve has chosen to keep his company boutique rather than scale.  It’s his choice to make. And our choice whether or not to purchase.

There are enumerable readily available high quality amplifiers on the market from other manufacturers for those who prefer not to wait.

It’s as simple as that.

IP Logged
Burgermeester
Seasoned Member

Reply #829 - 05/30/23 at 04:12:11

Just MHO, but from looking at the recent pictures from Decware (what was not shown as well as what was), I get a sense that adding techs and expanding capacity, given the way they make their products, would involve rejigging the workflow in a lot of subtle ways, and not the kind Steve would realisitically update us on.

Progressing toward figuring out what is needed to ship more units/week and how to do that while ensuring flawless manufacturing outcomes is likely a slower process than someone on the outside would think, so slow that Decware might well be working hard to expand output, yet an acceleration in The Flywheel wouldn't be evident for many months.

I am outside the US (way outside) and I don't think sending my amp(s) back to DW if they are not flawless out of the box (cough, cough) is going to be very realistic (cough, cough). If it takes slow production to ensure quality, it's OK with me.

As it is I'm looking at 28 months from order to delivery. After more than 18 months of waiting I've finally gotten to where I don't really feel the time passing. That first year was very hard, though.

IP Logged
RisingSun
Verified Member

Reply #830 - 05/30/23 at 05:30:10

Oddly enough, the massive length of the list is itself excellent marketing for audiophiles.  If 2000 people are willing to wait 2+ years, it must be worth the wait.

Steve has expressed that while they have increased capacity several times, it’s not their goal to scale in order to fully meet demand. It’s a reasonable conclusion given the very niche nature of flea watt amps. He has to plan for the potential of this sudden popularity to pass and return to the few month turnaround it was before the Guttenberg/ Robinson rocket fuel.  

Yes, there’s obviously a bottleneck, but how long will that last?  How many people out there can even use a flea watt amp?  Decware is wise to treat expansion with skepticism.

IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #831 - 05/30/23 at 15:19:58

FYI/FWIW here is a post from Steve from last month re: the waiting list. It was originally written to address Decware drama on a different message board. Emphasis added by me.

Quote:
Posted by: Steve Deckert      Posted on: 04/20/23 at 13:33:49

...I have prepared a statement regarding our waiting list that will hopefully be of some use.

The DECWARE WAITING LIST.

Decware is a small boutique company that creates hand made amplifiers and loudspeakers of an exceptional level and sells them wholesale to the public.  This has been our business model since 1996 when we went online with www.decware.com

During the past 25 years Decware has never had to advertise, the success came from word of mouth from satisfied customers in over 54 countries.

Our business and products evolved around a consistent pool of orders that averaged 100 people at any given time.  The wait time to get an amplifier ran around 10 ~ 12 weeks.

Decware has been a well kept secret for 25 years until Covid 19 hit in 2020.  No business at that time knew what the future held. We have an obligation to not only our employees and contractors, but to our customers whom we extend indefinite after sale support too.

So in an effort to make sure our sales didn’t decline during the pandemic, we sent our 2 watt Zen Triode amplifiers out for review which basically let the cat out of the bag. Our order list doubled and then tripled in only months while people were trapped indoors with nothing to do but listen to their hifi rigs. In the two years since that time it has continued to grow to insane numbers — now over 2000 people on it despite the fact that we have doubled our production the first year and then doubled it again this year.

We will continue to hand build these amps with a lifetime warranty vs. mass producing them using circuit boards like most manufactures.  That means that the wait time is not going to change any time in the near future.

We are charging a 10% non-refundable deposit with full disclosure and access to our real time build list.  This is because:

Despite what you might think it actually does cost a fair amount of money to enter your order with all the custom options and get those parts made.  Many orders involve several emails and or phone calls where we spend time helping you select the best gear for your situation at the time of your order and again as the situation changes during the wait.  

Without a deposit the list would explode in size with people who wish to hold a place on the list until the very end and then often cancel their order.  We don’t have the time or the manpower to cover all the phone calls and emails associated with a 2 year wait just to cancel it.  The ones who complain online about this are the very ones who would do it.

We will make sure your order was worth the long wait.

Orders can be changed without loosing your place in the list.  As well, if we come out with a newer version of the item you ordered, you will automatically be upgraded at no additional cost as this has always been our policy.

Reviews will continue to occasionally happen because those who are on the list enjoy having some confirmation that what they are waiting for is the best.

For those of you who have irreconcilable issues with the fact that our list is so long — you are invited to do something about it by bringing yourself to Decware with soldering iron in hand and seeing if you have what it takes to join our team.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
RisingSun
Verified Member

Reply #832 - 05/30/23 at 20:09:13

Yes, going the way of PrimaLuna and having production scaled at the Cayin factory in China (still point to point wiring) would both solve the long wait and give little reason to order in the first place as Decware would no longer be Decware…
Cry

IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #833 - 05/31/23 at 20:32:52

For me, the best thing about being on a (relatively) long waitlist, has been the ability for this 'po-boy' to make payments when able. I am nearing the 100 mark on the list, and today, after a year and a half, made a third payment. This leaves me only 35% of the total price left to pay when the amp is finished. Much easier to deal with. Smiley

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #834 - 05/31/23 at 21:28:07

Absolutely! I too have made payments and my SEWE300B is totally paid for and I also have bought tubes to use in it. Makes the wait a bit harder. . . but it's a good thing.

IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #835 - 05/31/23 at 22:00:18

The math says you guys would be better off putting the money in e.g. a money market acct until your amp is ready to ship , but regardless I'm glad you've a a plan that works for you. And I'm looking forward to Geno joining the "balanced mono bloc club" and Lon getting is 300B amp. My UFO25s just made it to page 1, so I'm not that far behind.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #836 - 06/01/23 at 00:13:32

I haven't made much money investing lately, to the contrary. Anyway I'm glad to have done what I have done with this order.

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #837 - 06/01/23 at 03:34:12

Yea, I’ve also been paying off my Sarah since last year as finances allow though I had to re-direct it recently towards the ZR2, which was going to be ready much sooner.  Now back to finish paying off the remaining balance for Sarah. Currently #209 on the list so should be on the first page soon!

IP Logged
RisingSun
Verified Member

Reply #838 - 06/01/23 at 03:47:40

There must be something fundamentally wrong with us as audiophiles. The lengths and gymnastics we go through for sound.

We are crazy!

IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #839 - 06/01/23 at 14:42:51

Quote:
Posted by: RisingSun      Posted on: Yesterday at 19:47:40
There must be something fundamentally wrong with us as audiophiles. The lengths and gymnastics we go through for sound.

We are crazy!

I kinda fell like the rest of the world is crazy for missing out on the great sound we enjoy so much . JMO.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #840 - 06/01/23 at 14:49:08

I think it's just one of many forms of manly obsession (yes, I know there are women audiophiles. . . but predominantly this is a male thing).

Certainly I've been acquainted with hobbyists of other stripes that are just as "crazy"--those into cameras and photography, hot rods, hunting and fishing, wood working et al. I've known many who are as deeply and devotedly into their pursuits. (Ha! and some of them are also audiophiles!)

And hey, I think this makes the world better more often than it doesn't.

IP Logged
LiquidBlue

Reply #841 - 06/01/23 at 22:24:33

What’s crazy is checking the list so many times that you feel a sense of loss when you don’t see your name on the build list anymore. My amp just shipped this morning!!😀

IP Logged
RisingSun
Verified Member

Reply #842 - 06/01/23 at 22:44:00

Haha.  And yes, referencing the handbag asylum next door is a great way to prove our sanity..
  Shocked

Just paid the Zen Switch Box invoice and it ships tomorrow.  A mere 5 weeks since ordering.  I feel a bit like someone who feigns the need for a wheelchair at Disney and skips all the lines.

So long suckers!  Mr Toad’s Wild Ride here we come…
Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #843 - 06/09/23 at 01:12:09

Talk about quick turnaround on repairs:

My Taboo Mk IV with 25th Anniversary Mods needed a look see by the Man.

I mailed it to Decware on Saturday morning. I got a confirmation that it was at Decware by Sarah on Tuesday, then yesterday (Wednesday) an invoice for shipping it back was sent by Sarah.

Today Steve emailed me announcing a shorted Jupiter capacitor was the issue I had and all the capacitors were replaced with Miflex capacitors, and he did some refinishing work on the wood base. (I love this wood base, it's special, it has a walnut burl on it, and unfortunately I had put a good scratch on one side: I did not mention the woodbase at all in my communication.) All NO charge. A few hours later Sarah sent me a tracking number from UPS, ETA is Saturday.

So probably one full week (only!) from mailing to return.

I'm so grateful for all the attention from all hands on that deck!

I'm going to put that in my pipe and smoke it!

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #844 - 06/09/23 at 01:33:44

It wasn’t just any Taboo Mk IV…it was your Taboo Mk IV—-special treatment is called for!

Just teasing!

That is fantastic customer service! Makes the wait—worth it.

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #845 - 06/10/23 at 17:31:40

Wow-finally on page 1! Maybe it’s just my elation talking, but there seems to be an increase in production lately.

IP Logged
Mannytheseacow
Ex Member

Reply #846 - 06/10/23 at 18:26:52

Last week produced was a bit higher than average, this week was below average, though not uncommon.

IP Logged
Mannytheseacow
Ex Member

Reply #847 - 06/12/23 at 16:40:26

I've been on the waitlist a year now and monitor my position weekly.  It worked out that I had about half a year before the wait list was split (n=27), and another half a year now after it was split (n=26).
Despite the comments that nothing actually changed when the waitlist was split, it is quite apparent that the projected delivery date actually was extended by a year when this happened.
So, it is what it is.  I'm not complaining or criticizing, just showing everyone the data so hopefully it is helpful to others.
The boxplot graphic shows the weekly movement (average movement every week, with the standard deviation, minimum and maximum).  The second graph shows the previous waitlist and it's projected linear trendline in blue, and the red is the new amp (split) wait list with trendline.  

IP Logged
RisingSun
Verified Member

Reply #848 - 06/12/23 at 18:44:11

Awesome chart!

Their decision to split the list most certainly involved no professional level data analysis.  Part of the reason they did it is perhaps to increase revenue speed? Which would make sense. A small company needs cash to operate.

It does seem out of whack that my Zen Switch Box took 5 weeks and amp orders take over 2 years.  And I’m returning the ZSB as the silver internal wiring messed with my tone.

I’m sure Decware is doing the best they can. Indeed, it is what it is.

IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #849 - 06/12/23 at 18:48:12

Hi Manny.  I communicated with Sarah last week, because I noticed that there hadn't been any change with the SE84UFO's at the top of the list (mine being on the second page).

She said that they were waiting on parts, so the supply chain is affecting the progress (sometimes), as well as the ability to do everything else it takes to get the products finished.

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20
Send Topic Print