Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 11:41:10 

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 20
Send Topic Print
How many times have you checked the Wait List? (Read 135734 times)
Sinisster
Verified Member

Re: How many times have you checked the Wait List?
Reply #700 - 09/17/22 at 14:14:04

Thats not a bad Idea. That might be entertaining to see it change as you lose wait lol. I just got to page 9. Started at 1831, now at 1798. Now for the full size pages to climb.  [smiley=icqlite20.png]

Decware SE84UFO2.1 x2 on order, Hot Rodded Sansui SP55a's(Caps & Tweeters), Boyuurange MT-34 (EL-34 Tube amp). Digital: WiiM mini, Geshelli Labs J2 Dac. Vinyl: Systemdek iix w/Adcom MC cart, Schitt Mani 2 Phono Stage.
  IP Logged
Earthbound
Seasoned Member

Reply #701 - 09/17/22 at 21:37:17

Top of page 8 🤮..So, started on small page 10 on June 6. 3 months and 2 pages of movement. My math says another year from now. Not sure I have the stamina. Been looking into alternatives.

IP Logged
Earthbound
Seasoned Member

Reply #702 - 09/19/22 at 00:31:18

Okay. So I was overtired and acting like Varuna Salt. The not so patient wait continues…..😀

IP Logged
Herbert Kelly
Verified Member

Reply #703 - 09/21/22 at 23:43:51

Haha I am checking it less frequently lately but being in the low 200s feels good since there are 1800 people on it now holy smokes.

I just hope they let me know when they take the money for the amp haha I don't even know if the CC I used is valid any more  :-?

IP Logged
Dr3wman
Seasoned Member

Reply #704 - 09/21/22 at 23:51:34

I'm pretty sure Sarah will call to confirm which payment source you want to use, and what your shipping address will be. I am actually planning on calling in to do that myself once I drop under 50 (5 away.........woooo)  on the list just to make sure things are settled.

Torii MKV/25 mods
PS Audio Stellar Phono Preamplifier
Technics SL-1200GR w/ Nagaoka MP-200.
KLH Model 3 speakers..
Sonos connect.
  IP Logged
terlenka
Verified Member

Reply #705 - 09/22/22 at 03:15:51

Based on my experience (with speakers, not amps), they send an email when it's ready. It includes a link for shipping and payment preferences.

I think they contact you when your order is ready to build to check up on options and whatnot or to make changes to your order (they used to allow you to add on to the order, but they wisely ended that option).

IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #706 - 09/22/22 at 03:49:18

I don't know if things have changed but as of 2 years ago (when the wait was "only" 5 months) there was no contact until my UFOs were done and I got an email with a link to pay the balance.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
Burgermeester
Seasoned Member

Reply #707 - 10/21/22 at 00:29:57

I've been keeping track of queue movement for 33 weeks now. Whatever representative slice I take out of the numbers (e.g., the last 8 weeks which included Decfest -- 0 units shipped that week, as well as a record 20 units shipped in another week) I get pretty much the same moving average: 10.X units shipped/week.

10.X units/week seems to be a kind of equilibrium or base rate for DW as a manufacturing operation over time.

I suspect there is an east Illinois lifestyle factor here in addition to the capacity thing. The line is something people can step away from whenever life intervenes, not a job where you have to show up every day. Wife's got a baby on the way. Woodshop tools need sharpening. Had to get the truck fixed and it took me all damn day.

Adding staff then just makes it easier to step away. R&D. Trips to the doctor for the kid. Had to fix the roof. Can't make it today. That's OK.

All of this is called "real life," which will intervene as much as you let it. What it isn't is a job you gotta show for at 9 every morning, five days a week.

Funny, all the other places I order from seem to operate like a job. Even where the products are built to order the wait time is weeks, not years. I ordered a Decware amp a year ago; it now looks like it will arrive in early 2024. Holy crap.

It's not a matter of "too long" but rather "maybe too long for me." I have a life too, and by 2024 I fear it will have taken me somewhere else, with some other amp from some other company that has come up with something judged excellent, and it's available in les than 2+ years. Job.

Greetings of the season. All I can say is I'm really hoping the Great Flywheel doesn't turn out to be more like the Great Pumpkin.

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #708 - 10/21/22 at 01:14:49

Ironically, the long wait turned out to be a good thing as I fell in love with the Sarah and need that extra time to save up some more.

Innuos Pulse-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE R2R-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-Project Carbon Debut TT-Schiit Mani Phono-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
Burgermeester
Seasoned Member

Reply #709 - 10/21/22 at 04:00:30

You are right! I changed my amp order 3 times, and changed one other order too. But that was in the first 3 months...

IP Logged
Mannytheseacow
Ex Member

Reply #710 - 10/21/22 at 05:21:53

Well, I think we all are secretly hoping that everyone ahead of us on the list cancels their order.
But seriously, as I’ve said before, it’s not like anyone is holding a gun to anyone’s head to buy anything. It’s a free choice. If the circumstances aren’t right for an individual’s needs then that individual is free to not make a purchase.
For me it’s just something down the road that will happen when it happens. I’ve had a lot of great systems and this little DIY zkit sounds better than anything I’ve had, so I can wait for the Sarah and not missing anything in the meantime.

IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #711 - 10/21/22 at 13:19:29

Y’all stop being so analytical. It is what it is. Forget about it, and it’ll be here before you know it Wink Smiley Cheesy

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
MikeinMontana
Seasoned Member

Reply #712 - 10/23/22 at 16:33:51

Yeah...it's cute some LIKE waiting. To have time on your side. I can remember.

IP Logged
Burgermeester
Seasoned Member

Reply #713 - 10/24/22 at 02:13:40

IP Logged
Doug
Seasoned Member

Reply #714 - 10/25/22 at 02:02:25

Total times I have checked the wait list:  Easily more than 100 times.
Ordered a ZROCK2 14 months ago, and it’s already on the bench!  

I’m now getting excited to see if the ZR2 can produce better sound quality in my system. If yes, it will be a keeper.  If no, it will be listed in the classifieds and someone will luckily avoid the year and a half wait time.  

Oh…..my apologies for scooting past all you guys waiting for amps!

Jay’s CD2T-Mk3
Denafrips Pontus II
ZROCK2 25th Mods
CSP3 25th & Custom Mods
PAP Quintets with Voxativ 1.6
First Watt J2 or Cary 300SEI
driving Voxativs—no crossover
LFD NCSE driving 15” Woofers
  IP Logged
tempest62
Ex Member

Reply #715 - 10/25/22 at 04:34:34

IP Logged
Burgermeester
Seasoned Member

Reply #716 - 10/25/22 at 08:36:42

Yep, my ZBIT was at around 180 on the list when it abruptly shipped. Until then it had been moving at regular list pace. Final delivery turnaround: 14 months. Zoom!

IP Logged
Mannytheseacow
Ex Member

Reply #717 - 10/25/22 at 16:43:28

Odds of dying? 1.00

IP Logged
Sean
Seasoned Member

Reply #718 - 10/25/22 at 19:17:15

No one here gets out alive...Not to be a downer, my best friend dropped dead at 49 and 25 days three months ago. Massive heart attack. Ironically, he was in the best shape of his life the past few years. That likely extended his life a couple years, but sooner or later it gets us all.

For those on the list, I applaud your patience. I guess it's easier when you may already have a great system and you're waiting on that destination piece or a solid upgrade. I've been close to getting on the list a few times, but I lose my mind waiting 5 minutes for dinner or an appointment...pretty sure my old man drilled it into my head that waiting wasn't going to be my best attribute.

I had to go the used route. I've had tube amps and tube pre's for almost ten yrs and after the "new toy" phase wears off I was always searching for something better, always left wanting for more. How I missed Decware back then, I have no clue. In any case, the reviews lit a fire under my ass, I HAD to hear this for myself and in my room. The used market is pretty brutal, anything Decware doesn't sit for long and sometimes the prices are reflective of the demand. I got lucky finding pretty much exactly what I was looking for, a UFO and a ZP3. I have my foot in the door and really like what I have, I think if the need or want pops up now, I could possibly sit the wait out, but man that would really be tough.

Technics 1210G, AT OC9III, Cinemag 1254 SUT, ZP3, CSP2+, SE84UFO, Tekton Pendragon

Schiit Bifrost, Mac Mini, Roon
  IP Logged
Burgermeester
Seasoned Member

Reply #719 - 10/27/22 at 11:37:12

If you have a nice system already you could, I guess, order from Steve and just forget about it until delivery.

Trying to build a system with DW is sheer torture, but not solely because of the wait. It's also because there seems to be zero sense of urgency on the DW side about all the orders. Yep, I think Steve finally decided he should up production -- by 50%. That's about as far as he is willing to go, because he doesn't want to spend all his time tending the business. That might mean missing the next miracle from the Audio Gods.

This is part of the DW experience. It's like Fight Club, where you stand outside the door for days. You think Steve will move to solve the "problem" of too many orders -- you think he will react the way you would, and lay awake at night worrying about his LOYAL CUSTOMERS -- but after standing on the porch for 12 months you realize that not treating this like a business is the whole point.

This reality takes a while to wake up to. Then, you realize it's all OK. One day you will have your DW amp and 1) you will be in heaven and the waiting will be as if in a dream and 2) you know you will never order from Steve again except for cables. This is the future he planned for you, who are you to second guess him? He wants you to go on with your life and stop thinking about the Next Order.

Besides, that waiting time lets you change your amp order three times like  I did. Good god, if DW had shipped right away I'd have THE WRONG AMP.

IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #720 - 10/27/22 at 13:40:43

I asked Steve at Zenfest on his plans about expansion. He said that there is room for one more artesian in the assembly room. There is an active search is in progress to find one. He finish with the old saying, "It is what it is."

I had a chance to talk with the latest artesian hire. He said that this is his dream job. He also travels 60 miles just to get to work....another 60 home! He is full of enthusiasm for sure. Also stating, when asked, that he was not the one responsible for DancingSea's faulty wired amp.

John

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #721 - 10/27/22 at 15:24:54

I was there for part of the discussion with Steve and the new tech that John alluded to (only missed the inside baseball on DancingSeas amp—not sure what that drama is about).  It was impressive to see how enthusiastic that tech was about driving in to Decware everyday to do what he loves to do.  This is a small business and you can’t always hire yourself out of a problem.  In fact, overdoing it can lead to other issues such as quality control.  I rather Steve and team take a deliberate approach to sustainable expansion and continue to focus on the love and attention to each unit they build.  Their goal : Let’s make sure the amp does not need to come back for repairs—and if I recall correctly, their batting average is pretty stellar on that front.

Innuos Pulse-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE R2R-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-Project Carbon Debut TT-Schiit Mani Phono-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
JBzen
Seasoned Member

Reply #722 - 10/28/22 at 10:15:20

DS had the same experience we had with our first session at Decfest this year. His new CSP3 was wired internally with reversed channels. It had to be returned for repair. Our fix was a reversal of a couple interconnet or speaker wires!

Decware just hired a new QC person about the same time. Chalk it up to a learning curve.

John

AMC CD8b>XO3>Cambridge CXN2>ZDAC>ZBOX>braided silver/occ> Zrock2>CSP2+>SE84 milflex copper 25th>9AWG silver/copper braid>lii Crystal 10 in Huijgen cabinets. Ortofon 2M Black>JVC QL-F4/Otari MX5050B2>ZP3. Isolation. AC filtering. Room treatment.
  IP Logged
Earthbound
Seasoned Member

Reply #723 - 10/28/22 at 11:22:17

The building a system scenario is my situation. I’m not as light hearted about the waitlist. I was told about 12 months and it will be more like 2 years.
Please understand though, it’s nobodies fault. These are unforeseen good problems that Decware has. Glad to see Steve’s hard work and quality product getting the recognition they deserve, and hopefully financial benefits.
For many I suspect and for me personally, this means moving on. I’m not angry but perhaps a tad bitter. I still have one spot left which I will use for a back up amp. I did debate using all 3 spots and just selling 2 amps but didn’t feel right about it. So, I gave up 2 spots and won’t build a Decware system. Sucks but there’s other great equipment out there.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #724 - 10/28/22 at 11:33:33

I've had the same reversed wire phenomenon and I just switch left and right on the interconnects involved. Seems easier than intercontinental mailing and repair. But that's me.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
tempest62
Ex Member

Reply #725 - 10/28/22 at 18:40:29

I would do it the right way and rewire it myself, or get advice on how to.

But that's just me.

Brad

IP Logged
Catfood
Verified Member

Reply #726 - 10/29/22 at 03:57:35

I just put an order in.  The wait list today is up to 1,936.  I guess I'll be #1,937.  If the estimate from others is correct and only about 10 orders are shipped per week, by the time mine gets shipped I'll be a skeleton covered with cobwebs.  Hopefully I'll still want it by then Smiley

IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #727 - 10/29/22 at 16:52:07

Earthbound,

Until you decide on another brand, keep your eyes on the classifieds here. You might just luck out, and find a good one there. And already broke in, and ready to play.

You have to be quick though - they don’t last long!

Best,

Geno

Crown sub amp
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
  IP Logged
Kahuna Jack
Seasoned Member

Reply #728 - 10/29/22 at 18:34:24

True on the secondary market . Not even 2 weeks after I received my amps ( 11 month wait) a cat I casually knew and lived only a few blocks away from me had a collection of Decware for sale. He wasnt really advertising as he doesnt ship. I picked up 4 pieces from him.

Timing and some luck does exist.

IP Logged
Earthbound
Seasoned Member

Reply #729 - 10/29/22 at 22:42:27

Thanks Geno. Will do. Check every now and again but will make it a habit to check with coffee each morning. 👍

IP Logged
Herbert Kelly
Verified Member

Reply #730 - 11/01/22 at 18:56:33

Wohooo I am on page 1 haha super excited ...

I hope yall reach out before charging my card haha I cant even recall how I originally paid pretty sure the card might not even exist anymore Tongue

IP Logged
terlenka
Verified Member

Reply #731 - 11/01/22 at 19:21:38

For my order of speakers, they sent a notice with a link to pay. Doesn't have to be the same credit card/pay pal.

IP Logged
Catfood
Verified Member

Reply #732 - 11/01/22 at 19:30:10

Why is it that there are 4 people at the end of the list with order dates from yesterday, while my order from 10/28 is NOT on the list?  I have the confirmation email with invoice, so I know my order is in the system.

IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #733 - 11/01/22 at 19:57:49

Quote:
Posted by: Catfood      Posted on: Today at 19:30:10
Why is it that there are 4 people at the end of the list with order dates from yesterday, while my order from 10/28 is NOT on the list?  I have the confirmation email with invoice, so I know my order is in the system.

It took 2 months (and many many later orders getting posted) before my order was on the list. Don't worry, you have plenty of time and when your order gets posted it will be in line at the time you placed your order.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #734 - 11/26/22 at 23:23:34

Today marks my first year anniversary on the waitlist and what a year it has been!  A lot of learning, discoveries, leaps of faith, and above all, new friendships and engagement with fellow members both here on this forum, but also at Decfest.  I remain humbled by your collective experience, wisdom, and your willingness to share.

By my rough calculations, I’ve moved up just over 500 spots in the past year.  400 and change to go.  Bring it on!

And of course, looking forward to a new 2 yr journey waiting for the ZROCK2, which I just bought yesterday.

IP Logged
Burgermeester
Seasoned Member

Reply #735 - 11/27/22 at 03:26:42

From approximately Spot #500 forward, at least, the queue continues its rock-steady (as measured over the last 10 months) 4-week moving average of 10.XX units shipped per week. Like a heartbeat. This average pace seems fairly resistant to efforts to increase it. Very stable/reliable.

I ordered a year ago and will take delivery a year from now. When I ordered, the queue was just under 1,000.

No more 2-year journies for me.

IP Logged
MikeinMontana
Seasoned Member

Reply #736 - 11/30/22 at 17:59:29

One year as of yesterday. I mistook the 'wait' by a LOT when I first ordered. Go figure.... Smiley But then again as of this past April, I was supposedly not going to be anymore. God Bless my wife for quickly noticing something wrong and those as well who saved me. I am truly blessed! Just would have liked getting a bit older gracefully ya know... Not cancelling my order..no fn way. Smiley She convinced me to order! Take care all, have a wonderful day and Merry Christmas. Now back out to move snow..again.... Smiley  ~Mike

IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #737 - 11/30/22 at 20:00:37

I placed my order on 10/16/2021, so I am just over 13 months on the list.

I started out at 925, and have just made it into the 200's - 294 to be exact.

So, I optimistically calculate that I should have my amp by the end of May?

I can do that time standing on my head Cheesy

Crown sub amp
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
  IP Logged
Burgermeester
Seasoned Member

Reply #738 - 12/01/22 at 08:21:38

DOIN' TIME

Next Decware T-shirt motto

IP Logged
Burgermeester
Seasoned Member

Reply #739 - 12/01/22 at 09:07:39

Solve for the following:

2 years/[76.1 years - Your Current Age]

where 76.1 years = average lifespan of a US male

and tell me 2 years from order to delivery is not a big chunk of time. I mean, a year, okay, but...

Your lifespan may vary. In my case the ratio is 25%. THAT is why I say I'm not buying another component I have to wait 2 years for.

Decware audio is a young man's game.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #740 - 12/01/22 at 15:17:18

The wait list is not for the faint of heart, that's for sure.

I don't feel it's a young man's game alone, this waiting for a great Decware product. I felt old at 42 when I began the Decware audio game; my life with my job and my late first wife's mental health had me feeling aged. And I won't say that 25 years later I'm young, though I may feel younger after 14 years of retirement. In my case I know that these are worth waiting for, and heirloom items really so if we don't have a lot of time to enjoy them (who knows?) someone we love may just.

And I get the feeling there are some of us older who have researched enough to know these are worth waiting for. . . or not. . . one can always drop out if one loses faith.

In my case there's that other tantalizing thing that may be just a benefit for a few of us: something to look forward to. I'm looking forward. There's a 300B amp in my future. That's sort of exciting!

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
michaelG

Reply #741 - 12/06/22 at 01:07:25

Parts Pulled today!!
For my zrock it took a month to go from parts pulled to shipped so I expect my UFO by January (maybe late January including holidays.

I ordered July 2021 and I was around 700/710 back then. it took a year and a half. With the current waiting list it should take just a bit more than 4 years. I will probably place an order for a se34 next year or maybe the UFO will be my last amp as I’m sure it will be great.
Smiley

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #742 - 12/06/22 at 02:31:01

Congrats! Entering the final stretch!

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #743 - 12/06/22 at 03:11:19

Congrats!

IP Logged
Nuno
Verified Member

Reply #744 - 12/17/22 at 08:49:29

Just reached the 1 year mark this week, moved 538 places. Still another 9 months to go.
Smiley

IP Logged
Klipschguy
Verified Member

Reply #745 - 12/17/22 at 15:27:06

109 on the list now.

IP Logged
Mannytheseacow
Ex Member

Reply #746 - 12/17/22 at 16:27:04

I moved 29 places this week - that’s a new record.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #747 - 12/17/22 at 16:29:30

Whoo Hoo!

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #748 - 12/17/22 at 17:17:15

Mannytheseacow — wow!

Wanted to quote your post but haven’t quite figured out how that function works in the forum yet.

IP Logged
Coyote
Seasoned Member

Reply #749 - 12/21/22 at 22:18:56

... Well I checked today Dec 12  and: #42!!!!
Yeah!

So my UFO will be a 2023 new year presents to myself!
:-)

I see that Sarah updated my order to Cherry wood and top level mod.
Very happy.

How fitting,  as we are just finishing the 'renovation' and tooling of the shop so I will be able to build my Lii F15 OB speakers just in time to pair with the UFO.

a.

My modest system:
SE84UFO2.(2).
Quad mono 303 (x2) + 33 + FM3.
Marantz 2235.
Schiit Mani.
Technic SL23.
Thorens TD160 MKII + SME III tonearm. Ortophon OM10.
Oppo CD/DVD.
Celestion Ditton 66 studio.
Lii F15 in Betsy type OB.
ATAUDIO 12TC Pure OCC.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 20
Send Topic Print