Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/25/24 at 03:01:03 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 20
Send Topic Print
How many times have you checked the Wait List? (Read 138463 times)
Dr3wman
Seasoned Member

Re: How many times have you checked the Wait List?
Reply #50 - 08/09/21 at 16:16:38

Dancing Sea,

You are able to convert the list into a spread sheet that will show numbered lines on the left side.

On the top right corner of the waiting list, you will see three horizontal lines, after clicking on this, you will see the "spread sheet" option.  From there, I believe you can sort the list in any fashion you want, and you will also see a number attached to your position.

Andrew

Torii MKV/25 mods
PS Audio Stellar Phono Preamplifier
Technics SL-1200GR w/ Nagaoka MP-200.
KLH Model 3 speakers..
Sonos connect.
  IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #51 - 08/09/21 at 18:15:38

Cool, thanks Andrew. That works great. I’m 232.

IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #52 - 08/09/21 at 18:49:40

#232!  I am envious - from #396  :)  Ditto thanks to Andrew.

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #53 - 08/09/21 at 19:41:33

Has anyone calculated how many orders ship per month on average?  I’m over 5 months in and started at about #370.  That would suggest under 30 ship per month and that at #232, I’m not even halfway after 5 months.  And with 800 on the list now, a 2 year wait for new orders.

I’m fairly sure about my #370 starting point. That was back when there were 200 per page and I was near the bottom of the second page upon purchase.  Admittedly there might be errors in my data, hopefully someone has a more accurate figure of how many orders ship per month.

I just remember when I purchased on March 1, they were fulfilling October orders.  Now the are on December after 5 months.

To the positive, I’d like a Zen Line Conditioner. If I order today I won’t have to pay for perhaps 2 years 😂

IP Logged
kulafu
Seasoned Member

Reply #54 - 08/09/21 at 21:05:57

I have been tracking my orders periodically since May and it looks like Steve's team is trending at 38 per month.  For me, I would prefer quality over time but I get the excitement of getting them into your hands.....

Omega SAMS,Altec 604 8K, Liionidas Silver 10/W-15,UFO25th/Cary SET Monos/Torii Jr,CSP3 25th Holo May KTE ,HQP/USB/Pulse/EtherRegen, Roon/Thorens 1600(Decware ICs, speaker wires/Equi=Core 1800, SFDBs and future STR-1002)
  IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #55 - 08/09/21 at 21:30:05

Wow, at 38 per month that gives me about 6 months more, or 11 months total.  And new orders at around 21 months.  I’m not complaining, happy for Steve’s success and devotion to quality.  But this does help clarify my Decware purchasing strategy.  Basically, do my part to make the wait yet longer 😂

I wonder what percentage of orders are not complete due to the intermediary death of the customer 😂

IP Logged
Thermionic
Verified Member

Reply #56 - 08/09/21 at 22:55:21

Glad I picked up a slightly used ZEN SE84UFO with anniversary mod about three weeks back, as my order was late April and at 38 per month12.25 months in addition to the 3.5 months I have in now.  So I'll come knockin' in September 2022. As I said, glad I pulled the trigger on the used unit.  

SE84UFO anniversary mods, Coda 02b, Sim Audio LP310, Linn LP 12, Metrum Onyx, MAC mini, PAP Trio15 Classic PiFe, OPPO 103, PSA P15 regen, various cables, many LPs
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #57 - 08/10/21 at 00:31:50

21 months!?  I'm sorry, that is not a viable business model.

The used market ought to be getting crazy.

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #58 - 08/11/21 at 01:40:38

I'm not sure this influx in orders actually benefits Decware unless they can increase the rate of production without sacrificing quality.  Decware had been cruising along with a perpetual 3-ish month wait.  That's what I was quoted last summer. Increasing the waitlist to 800 orders doesn't bring Decware any more money than they were making before unless their capacity to produce increases.  Only difference is customers must now wait an unreasonably long time. Such is the blessing and curse of a sudden influx of print and YouTube reviews.  Might have been better off remaining on the down low.  Such are the perils of success.

IP Logged
Coyote
Seasoned Member

Reply #59 - 08/11/21 at 05:34:01

Greetings,

As a small business owner (by choice), I would tend to agree with Dancing Sea. Controlling your orders/deliveries, managing expectations is as important as getting orders.

You are only as good as your last sale.

Keeping control of your delivery time is important, otherwise with long uncontrolled delivery time you risk having people selling their "spot" in the queue for $$ and at that point you loses control of the selling price and production line.  

Of course as the delivery delays increase the customer expectation's increase and that can be a compounding problem.
"I waited so long, it WILL be perfect, right?"

Moving Co. assets (people) from promotion to production etc, can be an option.

I would agree with a previous post.
9 months is an exceptionally long delivery schedule, only acceptable because this product is sold as a "boutique, custom item" but at 9 months it must still hurt the business model.

At a 21 months cycle it would likely be unsustainable to control business growth and QC, new orders could simply be refused to avoid clients frustrations, control pace, and future QC issues that would impede future production.

Lets all take a deep breath and support Decware, they will sort this out.
I am with 'it is worth the wait group'.

All this being said I am not even sure where the '21 months' figure is coming from or if it is accurate.

Cheers all,

a.

My modest system:
SE84UFO2.(2).
Quad mono 303 (x2) + 33 + FM3.
Marantz 2235.
Schiit Mani.
Technic SL23.
Thorens TD160 MKII + SME III tonearm. Ortophon OM10.
Oppo CD/DVD.
Celestion Ditton 66 studio.
Lii F15 in Betsy type OB.
ATAUDIO 12TC Pure OCC.
  IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #60 - 08/11/21 at 08:40:55

Coyote, thanks for the insight. The 21 months comes from there being about 800 current orders and a shipping rate of about 38 orders per month as calculated by the gentleman above.  That works out to a rough average of 21 months for an order placed today at that approximate rate of production.  Sarah would have to provide a correction if our informal calculations aren’t correct.

21 months isn’t good for Decware or the customer.  It’s a tough spot for Decware to be in.

IP Logged
Coyote
Seasoned Member

Reply #61 - 08/11/21 at 15:35:38

Hi Dancing Sea,

I re-read the posts, and Ha, I see.
Well I will think of this as a small consequence of the increase in Decware success and recognition.

This little bump in the delivery schedule will stabilize itself, I am certain they are keeping an eye on it. We also do not know what production 'capacity' Decware has.

Keeping the Quality Control as high as possible is always part of the solution so it does not bight you later... And carillon!
;-)

Cheers,

a.

My modest system:
SE84UFO2.(2).
Quad mono 303 (x2) + 33 + FM3.
Marantz 2235.
Schiit Mani.
Technic SL23.
Thorens TD160 MKII + SME III tonearm. Ortophon OM10.
Oppo CD/DVD.
Celestion Ditton 66 studio.
Lii F15 in Betsy type OB.
ATAUDIO 12TC Pure OCC.
  IP Logged
Thermionic
Verified Member

Reply #62 - 08/11/21 at 16:44:32

Interesting times for Steve and the Decware crew. As I have other equipment waiting it out isn't a problem.  It will be interesting to see how this plays out between customer patience and Decware's ability to adjust to the increased demand.

SE84UFO anniversary mods, Coda 02b, Sim Audio LP310, Linn LP 12, Metrum Onyx, MAC mini, PAP Trio15 Classic PiFe, OPPO 103, PSA P15 regen, various cables, many LPs
  IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #63 - 08/11/21 at 21:21:48

I called to add a mod to my order and spoke with Sarah.  She said new orders are currently running about 34 weeks, which is 8 months.  They have run into issues with the supply of parts that have slowed things.  And they are considering having one tech to focus on the quick things like ZRocks, and other small devices to move those along faster, and free up the amp chain.

They are keenly aware of the situation and feel badly about it.  They are just a very small company and the run of multiple glowing reviews has overwhelmed them a bit.  I expressed our collective sentiment that we’re fine with the wait as long as quality remains as it has.

IP Logged
Dr3wman
Seasoned Member

Reply #64 - 08/11/21 at 21:26:43

That's great to hear!  That means my wait at this point is about 6 months or so, which I am fine with. Even if is closer to 8.  I am definitely willing to be patient for such a great product, but will admit I had grown a bit dispirited at thinking I might be waiting another 16 months.

Thanks for the call to Sarah!

Torii MKV/25 mods
KLH Model 3 speakers..
Sonos connect.
  IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #65 - 08/11/21 at 21:30:37

The part we neglected to consider in our original hypothesis is the covid related disruption of parts supplies.

My order was placed on March 1, 1978 (just kidding).  But it was on March 1st.  She said late October to early November was a reasonable estimate for shipping.

IP Logged
Thermionic
Verified Member

Reply #66 - 08/11/21 at 22:02:23

@DancingSea, as you have a ZRock on order the should pull forward.  Is that reflected in Sarah's estimate? It will be interesting to see how supply chain, COVID and shipping issues impact their production and delivery schedule.  It makes sense to bring in an additional tech to knock out the simpler items on the build list that is unless the orders are tied to long lead time products.  Having been to their facility, yes it is small but in capable hands.   Patience is key.  One means to tamp down demand is, dare I say it a price adjustment on new orders, or placing low margin products on temporary hold.

IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #67 - 08/11/21 at 22:19:05

My understanding was that they had already hired extra techs, but are now thinking of different ways to utilize them.  I think her estimate of my ZRock2 order did not include the reorganization idea.

My guess is that they are assuming this is a temporary influx of orders that will ease up over time.  Magnepan had to deal with this on the LRS, but they are significantly larger company.  It’s difficult to hire a stable of new workers for a temporary influx, only to have to then lay off those workers.  I’m sure part of this equation is how to best serve their employees, as well it should be.

IP Logged
Thermionic
Verified Member

Reply #68 - 08/11/21 at 23:11:56

@DancingSea:My understanding was that they had already hired extra techs, but are now thinking of different ways to utilize them.  I think her estimate of my ZRock2 order did not include the reorganization idea.

Surprised you didn't clarify it.  

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #69 - 08/11/21 at 23:29:24

Steve mentioned recently that they have two shifts of technicians working at this time. Also, when they first came out with the Zen Line Conditioner there were a lot of orders. Steve had one of the newer techs dedicated to building these and they increased turn around on build and shipping.

So while I understand the wait can be difficult, please folks Steve and his crew will do everything feasible to get orders shipped w/out sacrificing quality builds.

If it's too much, try buying a used unit or inexpensive drop in during the wait. Your patience will be rewarded in time.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
Thermionic
Verified Member

Reply #70 - 08/12/21 at 00:00:48

Bought a used unit a new tube set about a month back.  I see no harm in discussing anticipated delivery dates, the potential for ship dates slipping, and how Decware may address their backlog.  

Personally I don't find the wait difficult or problematic and don't/won't speak for others.  

IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #71 - 08/12/21 at 01:14:50

@Thermionic - Well, there were several questions I wanted to ask, but sensed she was busy.  And after all, this isn’t a Frontline investigation 😂

I wanted to ask how they came to that 8 month wait conclusion.  Possibly it’s based upon the notion that they are currently fulfilling Dec 2020 orders.  I see 67 remaining December orders on the list.  And this is August.  That comes to about 8 months for the wait.

However, if their orders per month has increased substantially then the 34 week (8 month) figure might not be accurate because it’s based upon a period in which they had fewer orders per month.

I see the following:
Dec = 67 orders remaining
Jan = 70
Feb = 87
March = 100
April = 177
May = 108
June = 75
July = 76

How all that shakes out, I’m not sure.  There seems to be a spike Feb through May (4 months), and then it’s coming back down.  My non accounting background speculates that the 34 week wait might be an underestimate, especially after the spike.  

I also wanted to ask how many orders ship per month, but it felt like an overreach on my part in context of the conversation.

I’d be thrilled if my order came by November, which would be 8 months for me.  But I’m guessing it might be more like January.

Either way, it shall be what it shall be.  No worries either way on my end.

IP Logged
MrDerrick
Seasoned Member

May The Source Be
With You!

Reply #72 - 08/12/21 at 01:37:04

I placed orders three times with Decware.
All three times I was around 180 on the build list.

The first order took about 19 weeks.
The second took about 17 weeks.
The third I cancelled because the exact same item I ordered came up in the classified section.

So shooting from the hip, if being 180 on the list takes 17 - 19 weeks.
Might it take 34 -38 weeks if you where 360 on the list?
And it you where 720 on the list and Steve doubled his staff, would you still be lookin at around 34 -38 weeks?

1.4/1.5 MHz 20 Bit PCM Qobuz or SSD
HQPE - sonicTransporter i9
HQP Client - i3 Tablet
HQP NAA - Sonore Sig Series Rendu
USB > Holo KTE May > SA1X/47 > ZBIT > ZSTAGE25 > SE84UFO25
Avantgarde Duo Omega & Townshend Super Tweeters
IsoMax > Rives Parc > SUB225s
  IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #73 - 08/12/21 at 01:45:44

Yes, we don’t have the data to reach an accurate conclusion.  We don’t know by what degree production has been increased.

I can say that I entered the list with 370 on it, that was March 1.  I’m now 228.  That’s 142 orders in over 5 months.  At that pace, the 34 weeks is off by quite a bit.

April had the Andrew Robinson YouTube video.  That must’ve caused that spike.

IP Logged
Thermionic
Verified Member

Reply #74 - 08/12/21 at 02:41:43

Makes sense, word gets out, demand builds, supply chain issues hit, and there is a wait.  No problem for me, I won't speak for others as I previously noted.  Seeing it is August 11 and I am at 466 on the list there is no worry about a wait, best to trust Decware. It will show up at some point unless I hear officially from Decware. It is far enough out and with so many variables under no ones control its best to just sit back and enjoy what I have.

IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Reply #75 - 08/15/21 at 00:18:57

Actually something drastic needs to happen, and happen right now.

The current status quo is going to cause problems with existing orders. At the current rate of output, a large proportion of orders are still 12+ mos. away from shipment.

The current way of business isn't working. Blah blah blah aboit the supply chain. The workforce is necessarily going to have to expand significantly.

I put my order in at the beginning of May, and I'm #510 on the list. Thats almost 4 mos. ago. And now Im still looking at something like 13 more mos.

Yup, something very, very drastic needs to change, and pronto.

Hopefully Steve will make some sort of announcement about this really soon.

IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #76 - 08/15/21 at 00:58:50

My best guess is they’ve miscalculated the wait times.  Saying they are fulfilling December 2020 orders now (August 2021), which is 8 months behind and thus means an 8 month wait is very inaccurate math.  Especially given the large spike in March, April, and May.  

Waits are ok. My concern is that they are telling folks 34 weeks when that’s very unlikely to be remotely accurate.  That could lead to upset folks. Not me, I’m totally fine waiting, but it’s not the most tactful way to run an otherwise fabulous business.

IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Reply #77 - 08/15/21 at 01:08:48

DancingSea, I agree.

Bottom line: He needs several more techs, like right now.

IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Reply #78 - 08/17/21 at 22:04:29

Steve, what is your plan moving forward to avoid 12+ mo. wait times?

IP Logged
Bilyeaux
Seasoned Member

Reply #79 - 08/17/21 at 23:26:00

I made my order 1/6/21 and parts pulled this past Monday! Its been quite a test of delayed gratification, very happy as is what I expected. When I ordered I anticipated receiving in mid July to end of. I should recieve before months end and am fired up. It is totally understandable not only due to the Plauge, the economic crisis due to obvious reasons, and the explosion of interest and sales of the Decware products. Steve didn’t get here by luck, he is a very smart Dude and certainly is feverishly working to get to where he needs to be and at the sme time maintaining the same quality in the process. So why dont we chill out and back off the pressure for answers to his problems so he can focus on what he needs to…..

ARC LS25MK2, UFO2.1 & Denafrips Pontus II DAC, PSA P300 Regen, Rega P6 w/ NEO and Rega MM Phono, Marantz CD6006, Bluesound Node 2i, Nakamitchi Cassette, Syzygy Sub, Omega JR XRS Towers & 74' Heresy rebuilt from Crites, ZWIRE speaker, DSRXLR, AQ connects
  IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Reply #80 - 08/18/21 at 00:08:48

WTF.

I'm only asking what Steve's plan is. I know he's really smart, and I'm sure he has a great plan of attack. To know the plan is very helpful for everyone on the order list, particularly after the huge influx orders flew in over the several months AFTER you put your order in.

Sticking one's head in the sand doesn't answer important questions, and this IS an issue. It isn't just all about you, okay?

IP Logged
MrDerrick
Seasoned Member

May The Source Be
With You!

Reply #81 - 08/18/21 at 00:24:14

Wow..........

And I placed my Cybertruck order late November 2019.
I'm in the first 250K out of a million plus.
I wonder how long I'll have to wait?

1.4/1.5 MHz 20 Bit PCM Qobuz or SSD
HQPE - sonicTransporter i9
HQP Client - i3 Tablet
HQP NAA - Sonore Sig Series Rendu
USB > Holo KTE May > SA1X/47 > ZBIT > ZSTAGE25 > SE84UFO25
Avantgarde Duo Omega & Townshend Super Tweeters
IsoMax > Rives Parc > SUB225s
  IP Logged
Scott M
Verified Member

Reply #82 - 08/19/21 at 14:55:00

When I placed an amp order in late February 2021 was told the lead time was 24 weeks.  IIRC - amps ordered in October 2020 were being built then. It has been 25 weeks now and they are still building amps ordered in December 2020.   Am guessing the lead time is more like 48 weeks most likely.  Oh well......

IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Reply #83 - 08/19/21 at 16:40:54

Its going to soon be about 15 mos. for those who ordered during March and thereafter.

IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #84 - 08/19/21 at 17:24:03

I'm going to go to McDonald's while I wait.

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #85 - 08/20/21 at 05:13:02

We are actually making some real progress behind the scenes. We doubled our techs around a year ago when the cat was let out of the bag and have been running two shifts since to make things happen. This winter we will be training more help and finding places for them to work.

Our normal build sheet for the past 15 years has been an average of 75 amps. We are now well over 750, despite shipping more product this year than ever before. That's 10 times the load that this ship was designed for.

As things move along we will begin to transition our list into layers. Simpler items will be built sooner to reduce the overall size of the list, which will shorten build times for everyone.

This artisan business model is not scalable. If you want artisan quality products vs. mass produced, and you live in todays CoVid handicapped world, you're going to have to wait for it. Our commitment is simply this: It will be worth the wait.

Things are running pretty tight around here, and despite all the pressure nothing is going out the door with defects and our creative energies haven't been stifled in fact quite the opposite because as we create new ways to deal with this, we keep accidentally having ideas for new products or product improvements.

The future looks bright, as we hope to bring more audio joy to all of you. Both on the speaker end and the amplifier end of things.

Our friends at Lii Audio have been exemplary with their drivers and reference cabinet. They have helped us place what seems like at least a 100 pair into peoples homes around the world so far and we plan to see a lot more offerings from them as we all spend more time in the listening room! Their F15 and Crystal 10 drives that we have incorporated into our Zen Master Series Baffles are flooding the DIY circles with our plans and we have built many pair of these wonderful baffles this year for those who don't do DIY not to mention our affiliate Randy Rash of Caintuck Audio's contribution with his highly affordable small size baffles that simply defy reason...  

And then there are Tube Tots. I have thought about calling them Face Melters, but it's too many letters ; ). These $1200 exotic stand mount almost tiny speakers defy reason when you hear the sound stage and resolution. Some of the best midrange you've ever heard.  Like QUAD quality midrange...  They are in production now with 30 pairs planned for inventory this fall.  Hear them at DECFEST, or make a listening appointment. Also we will start to leak YouTube video speaker demos of these little gems this fall.

We are now getting ready for DECFEST 2021 that all of us who know about DECFEST desperately need after not getting to have one last year due to Covid. It will be wonderful! When people who have never attended one hear the 2 watt Zen Triodes on 100dB speakers and then hear 20 watt Zen TORII's on 93dB speakers that only cost $1200 a pair there will be more than a few sleepless nights trying to figure out which way to go.

Oh yea, we've been doing in house hydrographic paint jobs on both amplifier chassis and our Tiny Radial speakers. These will be starting to appear for sale this fall. It has so far been a lot of fun learning all the many ways to fail at it, but that's how you get good and we need it to be good if it's going to be Decware.

We also have several other things in the pipe that will happen as we move into next year

WWW   IP Logged
Thermionic
Verified Member

Reply #86 - 08/20/21 at 14:29:44

Steve:
Worth the wait hell yes!  Thanks for sharing insight into behind the scenes activities to ramp up production while maintaining quality Decware is known for.  For those not willing to wait, well that is a matter of personal choice.

Smiley

IP Logged
Nick324

Reply #87 - 08/20/21 at 15:57:34

I have waited over 2 years for custom pieces, guns specifically. My previous vehicle took 16 months from deposit to delivery, my home took 1 year from deposit to keys in hand, it took me 18 months from job offer to the first day I walked in the door. Good things, quality and most importantly hand made specialties take time. I too suffer from, " I want it now" attitude, I have learned to deal with it. Thank you Steve, just keep up the good work, I DON'T want a product that has been rushed and then performs poorly or worse yet has issues out of the gate...

Innuos Zenith MKIII > Lampizator Baltic3 > Vinnie Rossi L2iSE > SE341.5 or SE84UFO25, >> Heresy, K-horn, Philharmonic BMR, Ωmega Super 6XRS Alnico, LSIM703, Falcon LS3/5A, Steve's TR’s, Tube-Tots.
  IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Reply #88 - 08/20/21 at 18:37:53

Indeed, quality far over quantity. No exceptions, not one, ever. That is the Decware mission.

As posted in the related thread, kudos to you Steve! Great job

And thanks for the update.

Brad

IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #89 - 08/20/21 at 18:39:16

I have no problem with the wait, totally fine with me. I think the actual legitimate issue is a customer service one.  That the wait times quoted at sale are widely inaccurate.  It’s a matter of attention rather than anything that would speed up production.  It’s not difficult to quote a far more accurate estimate.  More an issue of good form than anything overly significant.

IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #90 - 08/20/21 at 19:04:49

Exactly!  Managing expectations.

ZLC
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Silver Cabling
  IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Reply #91 - 08/20/21 at 22:50:13

Indeed.

Here is the operative phrase that a few here didn't care to hear about at all, and made it pretty clear their underlying thinking is that no one else should have cared either:

Quote:
This winter we will be training more help and finding places for them to work.

The above excerpt from Steve's post will be the next difference maker along with the shift in assembly priorities and exactly what I trying to find out as to whether it was in the get well plan.

IP Logged
derekinla
Verified Member

Reply #92 - 08/22/21 at 04:18:47

I finally made the plunge and placed a deposit toward a Torii JrV2 with copper bypass mods! I've been wrestling between getting a 5-6W Rachael vs the 20W Torii JrV2 but I decided that the dynamic headroom of having 12dB's of SPL on tap would make my transition into the world of tube's a bit easier as I currently have low sensitivity Elac Debut B5.2's. While the wait time will be a torture test of delayed gratification, I am more than willing to wait the many months for the gift of audio nirvana from Steve and the audio gods at Decware! Smiley

IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #93 - 08/22/21 at 05:15:22

Derekinla, congrats on the purchase!!

It’s funny how the waitlist psychology can work.  I got on the list for the ZRock2 in March not entirely sure I wanted, or needed, a ZR2.  The wait was about 5 months at the time, thought I could decide before parts were pulled.  As the 5 months have come and gone (transforming into a fuzzy unknown) my thinking has shifted from “do I really need one” to “if I cancel the order and change my mind, I’ll be #999 on the list”!  The exponential list growth has completely done away with any notion other than acquiring a ZR2, needed or not 😂

IP Logged
Lin
Ex Member

Reply #94 - 08/22/21 at 14:07:15

The good news right now is if you get something and decide that it's not what you want, you can sale it at a profit* to someone that doesn't want to wait. Wink

* or to break even

IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Reply #95 - 08/22/21 at 17:50:42

True. And ironic.

IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #96 - 08/26/21 at 02:49:07

FWIW, in 2 weeks I’ve moved up 20 spots; not that I check it very often, or that it means anything to me, no really, it’s meaningless, like zero, zip, nada, bass restoration is for suckers anyway 😂.

This jibes with the 38 per month quote.  40 per months seems to be a reasonable estimate.  I’m at 210, so that’s another 5 months in addition to the 6 months already waited.  For 11 months grand total for a March order.  April and May have a big spike in orders which would push that out even further.  According to my math, the new winter hires that Steve mentioned align for when the April/ May spike orders will be coming up to bat.  Thus hopefully that will keep everyone in the under 12 month wait window.

IP Logged
derekinla
Verified Member

Reply #97 - 08/27/21 at 01:38:33

Do the dates on the wait list correlate with the order date? I placed my order on 8/21/21 and I see that an order from another customer was added to the list today with the date of 8/23/21. I don't see my order yet but I'm guessing my order will appear within next few weeks?

IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #98 - 08/27/21 at 01:56:58

It took 3 weeks for my order to appear on the list. Thus there’s a waitlist to get on the waitlist 😂

IP Logged
Dr3wman
Seasoned Member

Reply #99 - 08/27/21 at 02:45:54

On a positive note, since the 27th of last month I’ve moved up 53 spots as of today, so that eclipses the current monthly estimates on this feed.  :)

Torii MKV/25 mods
KLH Model 3 speakers..
Sonos connect.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 20
Send Topic Print