Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 22:32:51 

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 20
Send Topic Print
How many times have you checked the Wait List? (Read 127604 times)
Beerfab

Re: How many times have you checked the Wait List?
Reply #300 - 01/03/22 at 15:38:21

WOO HOO! sarah is knocking it out of the park  went from 99 to 65.

IP Logged
duaneh
Verified Member

Reply #301 - 01/04/22 at 01:20:39

The glass is half full.  I'm 327 from the bottom.

Decware SE84UFO25, ZROCK2, Cambridge Audio CXN V2 (with Modwright modifications), Klipsch Heresy IIIs, Forte IVs, Mapleshade Double Helix 2 speaker wire, Decware DSR I/Cs, Brickwall surge protector, DHC-1 and Audiocrast power cords, Qobuz/Roon
  IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #302 - 01/04/22 at 05:53:15

3 different lists ,months later and A lot of smart people. I'm under 200.

So glad I got on the list.

IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #303 - 01/04/22 at 07:38:17

I'm closing in on the Precious at 47.  Have begun to make space on the rack in eager anticipation.  One preamp to rule them all.....

IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Reply #304 - 01/04/22 at 18:52:25

Quote:
I'm closing in on the Precious at 47.  Have begun to make space on the rack in eager anticipation.  One preamp to rule them all.....

Exciting! I hope that your new Decware addition stops you from dating hot communist women! Haha

It’s been a long long wait for you and everyone…After submitting my order for a Torii MK 5 w/A-mods in May of last year I’m now in the low 300’s. I figure another 7 mos. which makes final delivery around the 14 mos.

Brad

IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #305 - 01/04/22 at 21:46:14

My Match profile does read “must love vodka, sunset walks, and decapitation of elites”!

IP Logged
Nuno
Verified Member

Reply #306 - 01/11/22 at 19:03:59

I have been checking the waiting list very often lately. I ordered an SE84UFO plus a ZROCK one month ago and my order wasn't yet added to the list. Looks like the most recent orders are from Nov, 26. I would be happy to see my name popping up... even if it is to stay there for 1 year or more Smiley

Has anyone else ordered recently ?

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #307 - 01/11/22 at 19:08:59

Hang on Nuno the fun starts when your order hits the list.

IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #308 - 01/11/22 at 19:47:58

I spoke with Sarah yesterday, she said she has a couple hundred or so orders to add to the waitlist.

With shipping perhaps 2 years out, there’s not a hurry to update the list. They are swamped with other operational things that take precedence.

IP Logged
CAJames
Seasoned Member

"I've run every
red light on memory
lane."

Reply #309 - 01/11/22 at 22:46:26

Quote:
Posted by: Nuno      Posted on: Today at 19:03:59
I have been checking the waiting list very often lately. I ordered an SE84UFO plus a ZROCK one month ago and my order wasn't yet added to the list. Looks like the most recent orders are from Nov, 26. I would be happy to see my name popping up... even if it is to stay there for 1 year or more Smiley

Has anyone else ordered recently ?

I placed my order at the end of November (Black Friday) and I'm still not on the wait list. I placed my first Decware order over a year and a half ago, and waited 5 months and a day for my amps to be delivered. I may wait that long to get on the wait list this time   .

But if my Decware experience has taught me anything, it is the amps are more than worth the wait, and worth much more than the price.

[FOOBAR2000 | Jay's CDT2 MRK3] -> Denafrips Terminator 2 + Gaia
Sumiko Pearwood -> Mapleknoll Athena -> Luxman SUT -> Maple-tree Phono 3E
Woo WA22 -> 2x UFO25s, balanced monos
Omega SAM , Hifiman Arya, Senn HD-650
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #310 - 01/12/22 at 16:59:58

Quote:
I placed my order at the end of November (Black Friday) and I'm still not on the wait list. I placed my first Decware order over a year and a half ago, and waited 5 months and a day for my amps to be delivered. I may wait that long to get on the wait list this time   .

But if my Decware experience has taught me anything, it is the amps are more than worth the wait, and worth much more than the price.

I did the exact same thing and I am not on the wait list yet either.  If I get it for Christmas that would be fantastic…either way it’s worth the wait.

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Burgermeester
Seasoned Member

Reply #311 - 01/13/22 at 09:16:53

My orders have advanced 60 spots since late August. At this rate, and as long as aliens don't kidnap Steve in the meantime, I should be getting my orders around my 70th birthday, three years from now.

IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #312 - 01/13/22 at 17:32:08

I know it must feel that way, but the list has moved quite a bit faster than 60 spots since August.  On August 10th I was at 232.  Today I’m at 35.  So that’s nearly 200 since August.  

Since August the pace has been 35 per month.  The pace has picked up noticeably in the last month which has brought that 5 month average up to 40. Not just 40 in the last month, but enough of an increase to raise the entire 5 month average to 40.

In the last 3 weeks I’ve gone from 82 to 35.  If my math is correct, that brings the average pace up from about 35 per month to 67.  

The pace has quickened, and that’s with the holidays and Covid mixed in.

The new pace, assuming the list is at about 1200 orders, still makes it about 18 months for a new order to ship.  Perhaps faster.

But this appears to be good news overall.

IP Logged
Burgermeester
Seasoned Member

Reply #313 - 01/14/22 at 03:54:52

Welp, I was always in the 600s and still am, after 5 months. If that's actually not true then that would be interesting, but I'm just calling what I see on the list. Of course not everything will be delivered in lockstep order.

Problem with a long queue is the lack of interactivity. Can't buy one component, wait for it, listen for a few months, say "hey, how about that other component?" and wait for it. Not when there's a year and a half from order to delivery (and continuously getting longer -- the rate at which the queue is inflating is a who other topic).

Well, it's a fiendishly effective reverse marketing tool. I ordered everything I might ever want from Decware, ever, all at once because I'm too old to wait a year and a half again if I decide I want something else (i.e. I will have to look elsewhere for additional components, if I ever feel the need).

The queue LOOKED like about 8 months to delivery when I placed my orders (i.e., the oldest and newest orders were 8 months separated in time). It's getting kind of humorous to hear accounts of waiting a whole four months for delivery, "but it was worth it."

Having never even heard one of these components, I would consider myself thoroughly red-pilled, but I think customers who wait more than a year should get, like, a Decware coffee mug or a nice T-shirt.

IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #314 - 01/14/22 at 05:04:32

BurgerMeester wrote:

Quote:
Welp, I was always in the 600s and still am, after 5 months. If that's actually not true then that would be interesting, but I'm just calling what I see on the list. Of course not everything will be delivered in lockstep order.

The good news is that you're most certainly mistaken.  If you're in the 600's now, then you were in the 800's five months ago.  That much I can guarantee.  There's no way you've been spinning your wheels in the 600's for the last 5 months.

Also, the concept of looking at what orders were being shipped when you ordered as a way to determine your possible ship date, is mathematically incorrect.  The reason being is that the number of orders per month can fluctuate.  There was a big surge in orders from March 2020 through the summer.  When I ordered on March 1, that put me at about #360.  If you ordered in August, that probably put you in the 800's (I'm guessing).  That makes your wait much much longer than whatever order dates were shipping when you ordered in August.

Hopefully that makes sense.  That your wait was always much longer than 8 months at the production pace throughout the fall.

Steve has said more techs would be hired in the winter, and here we are, in the winter.  This will pick up the pace, as it seems to have accelerated as of late.  The average has been 35 per month.  If it gets up to a 50 per month average, then you still have a year to go.  At 70 per month, more in the 9 month range.

Keep the faith!  What else is there to do?

IP Logged
Burgermeester
Seasoned Member

Reply #315 - 01/14/22 at 05:45:19

Well, that's good news. Good news is tight!

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #316 - 01/14/22 at 05:51:53

Everyone who actually has to wait a year will get one of these T-Shirts with their order.  It will be the only way to get one.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #317 - 01/14/22 at 06:21:13

Absolutely brilliant. I love it, and look forward to my shirt.

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Media Converter | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
Tone-Deaf
Seasoned Member

Reply #318 - 01/14/22 at 06:26:13

DancingSea:

Thanks for the math work, and the encouragement.  I also ordered on Black Friday, and am waiting to get on the list.

I just wanted to note that one factor not included in your analysis is the effect of people who are ahead of you on the list that decide to add another item to their order.  My understanding is that the new item would have the same priority as the original order.  It that is right, then it is possible that while you move up the list for each item shipped, you fall behind for each item added to an existing order that is ahead of you.  

If I did my math right, then the farther back you are on the list, the less progress you may make each month because there are more people ahead of you that may add to their order.  That might be why Burgermeester has not moved up as much as you (on the other hand, maybe I just did my math wrong!).

So I think it is very hard to predict how long the wait will be if you are at the end of the list (I'm not complaining, as I was aware of the long wait when I ordered, and I think this is a very challenging situation for Decware to manage).  What will be will be!

IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #319 - 01/14/22 at 06:54:10

I waited a whole year and all I got was this lousy tee shirt!   Grin

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #320 - 01/14/22 at 13:26:31

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #321 - 01/14/22 at 13:38:40

Something makes me think Steve has no intention of ever sending that to anyone.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #322 - 01/14/22 at 14:47:03

XL for me please.

IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #323 - 01/14/22 at 17:21:14

Hi Lon,  Sure he will! I think you feel left out wishing you could qualify for a T-shirt - it is NOT EASY, you know. I could send you a UC-Berkeley shirt in its place to help with this issue of inclusion.  :)
Tony

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Media Converter | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #324 - 01/14/22 at 18:00:03

Tone-Deaf wrote:

Quote:
If I did my math right, then the farther back you are on the list, the less progress you may make each month because there are more people ahead of you that may add to their order.

Thanks for pointing that out. While certainly a factor, I do not believe it could account for only moving 60 spots in 5 months.

I’ve been following the math since the summer. Once a consensus was reached that about 35 per month are shipping, I calculated that my order would ship in mid February.  And that has proved to be accurate, down to the week.  The 400 in front of me didn’t add to their orders enough to alter that pace over 8 months.

Ironically 2 weeks shy of qualifying for a T-shirt!  C’mon Steve, help a brother out!

Heck, delay shipment 2 weeks just so I get a T-shirt
Smiley

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #325 - 01/14/22 at 20:39:08

No need to send me a T-Shirt. I rarely wear any with writing or images on them. I am not jealous. Rather. . .I think Steve means to move all orders out in less than a year. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #326 - 01/14/22 at 21:02:31

I checked with the mothership and the T-shirt is an actual thing…

Smiley

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #327 - 01/14/22 at 21:23:45

Well, that's a shame.

IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #328 - 01/14/22 at 21:48:18

I may put in a order just to be able to get the shirt!

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #329 - 01/14/22 at 21:55:09

It just happened. The moment I’ve been waiting for, the moment we’re all waiting for, the email from Sarah stating parts have been pulled.

This is a harbinger, a prophecy unfolding, that the T-shirt is that much closer to shipping!

I assume by “parts” they mean the cotton is being harvested and heading to the loom.

IP Logged
Dr3wman
Seasoned Member

Reply #330 - 01/14/22 at 23:09:56

Congrats......John???

I am only 400ish behind you, but it seems like it is moving faster than before!

Torii MKV/25 mods
PS Audio Stellar Phono Preamplifier
Technics SL-1200GR w/ Nagaoka MP-200.
KLH Model 3 speakers..
Sonos connect.
  IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #331 - 01/14/22 at 23:14:34

DancingSea, After this very long wait, and once everything has been delivered to you, let us know what you think -- of the T-shirt. Smiley

IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #332 - 01/15/22 at 00:30:27

Quote:
 Congrats......John???

Yes, that’s right, John is the first name and “???” is the last name.

IP Logged
Dr3wman
Seasoned Member

Reply #333 - 01/15/22 at 00:34:19

And here I thought only Prince had symbols as part of his name, that definitely makes you stand out from the crowd.

Torii MKV/25 mods
KLH Model 3 speakers..
Sonos connect.
  IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #334 - 01/15/22 at 01:02:58

I’m still trying to find myself, thus “???” is apropos.  Have you seen me lately?  If yes, please send gps coordinates!

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #335 - 01/15/22 at 17:29:09

Going to put my shirt in a frame. 9 months 7 days, less then 180 on the list. Ordered some Lii f15 this week. Would like to get some baffles from Caintuck . Checking the list weekly and this thread Daily.

IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Reply #336 - 01/15/22 at 17:37:18

Steve, master psychologist, now has people hoping for a wait of 1+yr!   Cheesy

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #337 - 01/15/22 at 20:44:54

Of course there will be the inevitable special “2 year club” T-shirt as we move from egalitarianism to a strict caste system….

IP Logged
lazb
Seasoned Member

Reply #338 - 01/15/22 at 21:42:12

I personally have no interest in acquiring a T-shirt. Only want my order filled and delivered.

IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #339 - 01/15/22 at 22:07:34

Excellent!  We can look forward to you giving away your T-shirt here on the thread.

IP Logged
lazb
Seasoned Member

Reply #340 - 01/15/22 at 22:37:33

never said I would not accept and keep it!

IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #341 - 01/16/22 at 04:43:56

Fair enough, we'll pencil you in as having a new found interest in the T-shirt...
Cheesy

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #342 - 01/17/22 at 00:49:07

Someone will have to start a t-shirt thread.

IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #343 - 01/19/22 at 04:28:40

I've moved up 20 spots in the last 14 days.  At 28 and 29 now.  While a bit faster than normal at 10 per week, or 43 per month, it's 20% faster, but not exactly flying.

In the spirit of new things to complain about, should the list really start to fly will we start thinking we're getting a rush, slapped together version of a Decware amp instead of the traditional slow as she rolls version?

I'm joking around.  I poke bears for fun.

IP Logged
Kamran
Seasoned Member

Reply #344 - 01/19/22 at 15:37:37

At least once every two days since Black Friday so about 40 times since late November. Still not on the list as of yesterday though.

Innuos Pulse-Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE R2R-Ic0n4 Autoformer Passive Pre-Sarah 300B SET Amp-ZBIT-Project Carbon Debut TT-Schiit Mani Phono-GIK Room Treatment-Caintuck Audio Magnum Baffles—Li Audio Fast 15 Drivers-P.I. Audio MajikBuss & Puritan PSM 156 Conditioners
  IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #345 - 01/20/22 at 18:00:23

To correct my most recent post, the list is moving much faster.  I moved up 10 spots in 48 hours to #17 & 18.  

Obviously the new techs are in house.  Which is good news for the waitlist as production ought to be much faster going forward. Still a year wait, but that’s better than 2 years!  And you still get a T-shirt
Roll Eyes

IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #346 - 01/20/22 at 21:38:38

A landing spot has been prepared for the eminent shipping of the CSP3 and ZRock 2!  Top shelf, center.

For the life of me, can’t figure out how to post a photo to this forum.  Here is a link to the photo…

https://imgur.com/a/VapCLSE

IP Logged
Dr3wman
Seasoned Member

Reply #347 - 01/20/22 at 21:42:51

Very nice!

Do I spy a Marantz Model 30? I was VERY tempted by that option at one point.

Torii MKV/25 mods
KLH Model 3 speakers..
Sonos connect.
  IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #348 - 01/20/22 at 21:49:36

Here’s a better photo. Yes, EISA award winning Model 30 & SACD 30n. I’m now officially a Marantz fan boy!

The lower shelf is an Ah! Tjeob CD4000.  IFi Zen Stream with door stopper on top. And a ZBox.

Speakers are Magnepan LRS with MagnaRiser stands.

All Duelund cables.

https://imgur.com/a/ZPVv09g

IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #349 - 01/20/22 at 22:38:37

I am in the 700's now! Just a few more months wait...   Cool

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 20
Send Topic Print