Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 15:08:48 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 20
Send Topic Print
How many times have you checked the Wait List? (Read 135760 times)
yostjacob
Verified Member

Re: How many times have you checked the Wait List?
Reply #150 - 10/08/21 at 00:51:55

Oh, well then, if thats the case, I will try and call tomorrow to follow up on my email request and place an order.

IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #151 - 10/08/21 at 01:57:01

You might need to wait until Monday as I don't think they answer phones on Fridays.

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
tubeshy
Verified Member

Reply #152 - 10/11/21 at 19:31:29

More so lately. I had in mind an arrival date ( a month past projected date) and thats most likely not going to happen either.

IP Logged
yostjacob
Verified Member

Reply #153 - 10/12/21 at 01:31:56

I am hitting it a couple of times a day.  Not sure why.

Maybe because I am fascinated by the idea that the real time list hasn't been updated in over a month.

I also placed my order the other day, and am super interested on when it will hit the list in the first place.

IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #154 - 10/14/21 at 17:40:38

When I spoke to Sarah on Tuesday she had not processed most of September or any October orders.

Exactly two months ago I was at 232.  Now at 170.  That’s about 31 orders per month. While the new orders have a long wait until they appear on the list, the shipped orders are removed from the list, it seems, within a few days or so.  So the average could be a few orders higher than 31.

IP Logged
tubeshy
Verified Member

Reply #155 - 10/14/21 at 20:56:23

Dang, thats like 6 more months on top of the about 7 months in I am already. bummer

IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Reply #156 - 10/15/21 at 00:31:51

Tubeshy, I'm afraid it will be worse than that, at least for the foreseeable future. There was a huge influx of orders over the past spring. Some of the clog will be ameliorated with the advent of Steve's new hires being trained as techs, but extended wait times 4-5 times what used to be the normal wait time of 3 months will slog along for quite some time in my opinion. I'm in the upper 400's on the list, and am looking at late summer 2022 if lucky, after ordering early May 2021.

IP Logged
yostjacob
Verified Member

Reply #157 - 10/15/21 at 00:43:29

+4 -7

Net change -3

I am still 4 weeks away from even hitting the list.  lol.

IP Logged
Coyote
Seasoned Member

Reply #158 - 10/15/21 at 22:52:32

So, I had to look.

3 months anniversary.
Ordered July 17th, 773.
Today Oct. 15, 656.
39 unit per month
So apparently 16 months left.

I am happy with that.

I am happy to know that Steve's hands will have touch and fully tested my UFO2 prior to shipping. I knew what I was getting into when I ordered.

There are three things available in this:
fast, small cost and quality.
You can only chose 2 out of three.
I definitely chose small cost + quality so I to not expect it to be speedy.
I am in Vancouver BC it is a long haul!

Bonus: Given that this is a 60th Bday gift to myself it means I will not turn 60 in April as expected but more likely only by the end of 2022!

Seriously, I think when the new techs are trained and the quality is assured the output might slightly improve.

Steve, if you read this: Happy camper here.
Keep up the good work, train your new guys well and keep the Decware team happy!

Cheers,

alain

My modest system:
SE84UFO2.(2).
Quad mono 303 (x2) + 33 + FM3.
Marantz 2235.
Schiit Mani.
Technic SL23.
Thorens TD160 MKII + SME III tonearm. Ortophon OM10.
Oppo CD/DVD.
Celestion Ditton 66 studio.
Lii F15 in Betsy type OB.
ATAUDIO 12TC Pure OCC.
  IP Logged
Coyote
Seasoned Member

Reply #159 - 10/15/21 at 22:55:00

tubeshy

Think about it this way you could probably sell your position in the line for more than what you paid.

:-)

a.

My modest system:
SE84UFO2.(2).
Marantz 2235.
Schiit Mani.
Technic SL23.
Oppo CD/DVD.
ATAUDIO 12TC Pure OCC.
  IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #160 - 10/16/21 at 00:51:23

Part of the fun, if not sacred right of an audiophile is to be somewhat disgruntled 😂

I’d be happier if my order was shipping tomorrow!

Steve, if you’re reading this, have you considered the 24/7 production model? 😅😂✌️

IP Logged
Audionumber3
Verified Member

Reply #161 - 10/16/21 at 02:45:00

I never expected it to take this long but, I ordered a se84UFO in January and now I'm under 50 on the list.

I'm actually thinking, if I am really happy with this amp I might just put in an order for the 25th anniversary UFO and start saving for the nearly 2 year wait.

IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #162 - 10/16/21 at 03:43:06

Well, strategically speaking, I'd order both amps now.  Add the 25th anniversary version to your current order.  That avoids the 2 year wait.  Take a couple of weeks to audition both, and sell the one you don't want here on the forum.  I'm sure you could recoup 100% of what you spent on the one you decide to sell. And you'd have the funds to pay off your credit card.

But yes, if the 25th anniversary version is not affordable now, then the waitlist gives you plenty of time to save up!

IP Logged
tubeshy
Verified Member

Reply #163 - 10/18/21 at 17:55:09

I ordered end of March. At that time the wait put target time to around end of October. I was hoping by Thanksgiving and I'd be thrilled. Which now seems not likely.

I'm happy and excited that Decware is doing great but souring on it at this point. I'll probably not cancel and just sit on it. But just....ya know.

IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #164 - 10/18/21 at 21:43:50

Well, If it makes you guys feel better, I placed an order a few days ago, so I'm about a month out before I even make the list... Smiley

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #165 - 10/19/21 at 00:24:40

Ok, I have an idea.  I'm well up the list.  If you want to place an order, just do it through me.  I'll charge a 25% fee and then add your order to my order.  That will save you a 2 year wait.  

I'm sure no one in the office will notice if I add 80 units to my order (g)

IP Logged
Dr3wman
Seasoned Member

Reply #166 - 10/19/21 at 00:27:17

Maybe if you offer Sarah a kickback of that 25% she will play ball Wink..........HA!

Torii MKV/25 mods
PS Audio Stellar Phono Preamplifier
Technics SL-1200GR w/ Nagaoka MP-200.
KLH Model 3 speakers..
Sonos connect.
  IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #167 - 10/19/21 at 00:40:05

Haha!  I have a feeling Sarah would be totally down with it.....

IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #168 - 10/19/21 at 06:22:39

Having a great time reading this topic. Seems like yesterday I made the list.  Just something satisfying waiting for a handmade product. Love the energy and emotion of everyone just making the list. Truly amazing, keep up the good work Decware.

IP Logged
Coyote
Seasoned Member

Reply #169 - 10/19/21 at 20:07:33

The Versailles gardens took 40 years to complete...

;-)

a.

My modest system:
SE84UFO2.(2).
Marantz 2235.
Schiit Mani.
Technic SL23.
Oppo CD/DVD.
ATAUDIO 12TC Pure OCC.
  IP Logged
Bilyeaux
Seasoned Member

Reply #170 - 10/20/21 at 22:13:04

Im stoked ordered 1-6-21 and I am number 15 on list and number 10 in quality control!! Shipping soon!!! UFO2 w/ XLR and mods

ARC LS25MK2, UFO2.1 & Denafrips Pontus II DAC, PSA P300 Regen, Rega P6 w/ NEO and Rega MM Phono, Marantz CD6006, Bluesound Node 2i, Nakamitchi Cassette, Syzygy Sub, Omega JR XRS Towers & 74' Heresy rebuilt from Crites, ZWIRE speaker, DSRXLR, AQ connects
  IP Logged
Coyote
Seasoned Member

Reply #171 - 10/21/21 at 17:59:12

Bilyeaux,

Congratulations!
What Mods did you order aside from XLR?

I have been wondering if I should add XLR but I do not see an immediate use for it, I might add a vintage R2R to my rig at a later date but not now.
What is your thinking for adding this mods?

Cheers,

a.

My modest system:
SE84UFO2.(2).
Marantz 2235.
Schiit Mani.
Technic SL23.
Oppo CD/DVD.
ATAUDIO 12TC Pure OCC.
  IP Logged
tubeshy
Verified Member

Reply #172 - 10/21/21 at 23:34:11

My irritation is every component that needed to be built took 1.5x to 3x longer than noted. So it takes what I planned to be a 30 month process of building a system to 5 years + now.

My SS amp was quoted 3-4 months, took 8
Tube linestage quoted 2 weeks, took 3 months

So now that I'm on the final piece (though my linetage might be changed out) I'm all irritated as I am looking forward to being amazed by it and also finishing what I started in 2015.

So...just venting. Disregard my agitation. 180+ orders to go which looks to be my busy season when completed (which means no time to sit and listen). Bleh.

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #173 - 10/24/21 at 21:40:52

To those near the top of the list, and everyone on the list, please accept my apologies for what appears to be a nearly stalled month. We lost 2 weeks for Decfest, and have been experiencing supply chain issues that are out of our control. Many of those parts have arrived now, and things were about to ramp back up, when myself (the quality control guy) got either food poisoning or the flu - feels like both frankly.  It's day six and the most I've been on my feet is an hour or so a day. I still feel like crap, so I have anxiety about this coming week, starting tomorrow. I probably won't make it to work.

Many phone calls had to be cancelled, some more than once and again I sincerely apologize for that. There were several amps this past month that were stalled for parts, so I upgraded many of those customers to the next higher model at no charge and we did indeed get those built, and many have already shipped.

It's a good thing I had the unexplainable urge to start working on cable design this summer because despite everything else, our contractor who builds all the DSR cables and our power cords has also been so overwhelmed and frustrated with parts bottlenecks that he retired on the spot after almost 20 years. I did not see this coming. Since I had been developing cables that were better than what we had (which isn't easy), it is likely those will become our new offerings in the months ahead.

Anyway, please be patient with us, and remind yourself that this kind of a business is not very scalable., so it's difficult to make fast changes to accommodate demand, which I guess is all too obvious. I ask for one more week to get back in the game and then all those waiting for phone conversations will definitely be taken care of : )

Thanks,

WWW   IP Logged
Dr3wman
Seasoned Member

Reply #174 - 10/24/21 at 21:45:13

Steve,

Thanks for the update and I hope you feel better soon. Your products are worth the wait.

Torii MKV/25 mods
PS Audio Stellar Phono Preamplifier
Technics SL-1200GR w/ Nagaoka MP-200.
KLH Model 3 speakers..
Sonos connect.
  IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #175 - 10/24/21 at 22:32:28

Aloha Steve,

Honestly, no worries on our end. Take your time and get healthy.  Your health and well being are far more important than us having to wait a tad longer.

Be Well 🙏🏼

IP Logged
HockessinKid
Seasoned Member

Reply #176 - 10/24/21 at 23:24:46

Steve,

Wishing for a quick recovery from whatever is ailing you. I'm sure the entire team is feeling stressed, so my best to them as well. As Sarah is often a first point of contact for many Decware customers, I wish her patience and hope all your customers can keep things civil with their communications.

We all are living through a very a challenging pandemic that has affected many families and businesses. Wishing good health to all.

HK

Nottingham Interspace TT w/ Audio Technica AT-OC9XML cart + Modwright PH 9.0XT phono OR Modwright modded Cambridge CNX V2 > CSP3-25th Ann. preamp > ZMA-25th Ann. amp > PI Audio UberBUSS > Caintuck Audio Lii15 Magnum speakers > Snake River Audio & ZenWave cables
  IP Logged
jec3504
Ex Member

Reply #177 - 10/25/21 at 00:14:58

Well said Dr3wman. Thanks for the update, Stay safe and keep up the good work.  [smiley=icqlite20.png]

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #178 - 10/25/21 at 00:17:40

Sorry to hear this, get well Steve.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Tony
Seasoned Member

"Life without
..music is
inconceivable"
A.Einsteln

Reply #179 - 10/25/21 at 01:08:18

Hi Steve,

Thanks for letting us know your not feeling well, and best wishes for a speedy recovery.  

Tony

SE84UFO25 | Ic0n4 Passive Preamp | ZBIT | Cambr. CXNv2 | Denafrips Pontus II | Denafrips Gaia | Decware I/Cs | Decware Pwr Cbls | ZWIRE Speaker Cbls | Omega SAHOM & KEF KC62 | Furman Cond l GIK Room Trmt
  IP Logged
Deep Structure
Verified Member

Reply #180 - 10/25/21 at 04:06:11

From my response to your post about my Rachel you sent today :

First and foremost, take care of your health. Little is more important than that. With all the recent positive reviews in the audio press, I would imagine that Decware is overwhelmed with orders and requests. Do take into account that one person can only do so much. And now that Decware is entering the consciousness of more and more audiophiles, the pressure will likely get worse. You ever thought of selling out to Sony? (just kidding).

Anyhow, thanks for the explanation about the meters. Now go back to bed  and get well. Or I'll spread rumours that you're moving your plant to Quanzhou. That would keep you really busy with emails.

IP Logged
Brian
Seasoned Member

Reply #181 - 10/25/21 at 06:02:22

Hi, Steve
I am sorry you are unwell.  I will pray for you.

Brian

IP Logged
yostjacob
Verified Member

Reply #182 - 10/25/21 at 12:20:18

Good Luck!

I have been getting these random weeks of just being very run down with a sour stomach and a headache.  Not sick enough to not sit in the home office, but not well enough to self-start much of anything.

The supply stuff is likely to get worse before it gets better.

IP Logged
EdwardT
Seasoned Member

Reply #183 - 10/25/21 at 18:01:50

Steve,
You are the Zen Guru therefore you must get well! But please take care of yourself first before worrying about us minions.

IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #184 - 10/25/21 at 20:12:30

We clearly need some major publication cover story negative reviews of Decware gear to throw the masses off our trail in provide Steve some relief!

IP Logged
Brian
Seasoned Member

Reply #185 - 11/01/21 at 05:24:25

Steve wrote:  "It's a good thing I had the unexplainable urge to start working on cable design this summer because despite everything else, our contractor who builds all the DSR cables and our power cords has also been so overwhelmed and frustrated with parts bottlenecks that he retired on the spot after almost 20 years. I did not see this coming."

That sounds like invisible guidance.  I love this kind of thing.

I hope your health is now well.  - Brian

IP Logged
Coyote
Seasoned Member

Reply #186 - 11/01/21 at 21:47:06

I checked again,
635 I just could not help myself.
Last was Oct. 15, 656.
So a slight slowdown for that period. Mind you this included DeckFest.
And maybe someone had a cold or something... Wink

Cheers,

a.

My modest system:
SE84UFO2.(2).
Marantz 2235.
Schiit Mani.
Technic SL23.
Oppo CD/DVD.
ATAUDIO 12TC Pure OCC.
  IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #187 - 11/02/21 at 16:59:51

Well, for all of you impatient souls, I just made the list at 931 - dead last on the list Smiley

So, to all of those ahead of me, you have nothing to complain about   Smiley

A year from now, I'll be sittin' pretty...

Crown sub amp
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
  IP Logged
Audionumber3
Verified Member

Reply #188 - 11/02/21 at 17:38:13

Sorry but, a year from now.... You'll be "sitting pretty "at 400 or so on the list. Mark my words!

I was around 350 on the list back I January, and I'm still waiting...

IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #189 - 11/02/21 at 17:48:37

I’m at 145 baby!  Come to papa….  I forecast that’s 3.7 months to go which means end of February.  My order date was March 1, so one year.  Good thing I’m still into audio 😂

IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #190 - 11/02/21 at 22:49:12

Sorry but, a year from now.... You'll be "sitting pretty "at 400 or so on the list. Mark my words!

Ok then. A year or so... Roll Eyes

Crown sub amp
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
  IP Logged
Coyote
Seasoned Member

Reply #191 - 11/03/21 at 01:13:07

Geno:

Where is the "liker" button on this forum??

;-)

a.

My modest system:
SE84UFO2.(2).
Marantz 2235.
Schiit Mani.
Technic SL23.
Oppo CD/DVD.
ATAUDIO 12TC Pure OCC.
  IP Logged
Coyote
Seasoned Member

Reply #192 - 11/03/21 at 01:21:38

My modest system:
SE84UFO2.(2).
Marantz 2235.
Schiit Mani.
Technic SL23.
Oppo CD/DVD.
ATAUDIO 12TC Pure OCC.
  IP Logged
Coyote
Seasoned Member

Reply #193 - 11/03/21 at 01:34:30

As a final thought here is how I see the orders shipping out in the near future...:

https://youtu.be/Uvb5JKBDYII

Haha, we shall see.
:-)

a.

My modest system:
SE84UFO2.(2).
Marantz 2235.
Schiit Mani.
Technic SL23.
Oppo CD/DVD.
ATAUDIO 12TC Pure OCC.
  IP Logged
JP
Verified Member

Reply #194 - 11/05/21 at 14:55:12

Been checking the list frequently recently since my device is in testing.  Seems that there is no movement at all for anyone .  Hope Steve is OK

IP Logged
lazb
Seasoned Member

Reply #195 - 11/05/21 at 16:46:57

list movement is not automated. someone, Sarah, has to find time to manually update it.

IP Logged
Nick324

Reply #196 - 11/06/21 at 18:55:06

Ooof, I saw another YouTube review again the other day. This time it was Robinson reviewing the Betsie's. I expect this to turn delay's closer to 24 months rather than 12 for anyone w/ the stomach for it. I've done it for Custom Firearms work but not for audio equipment. Since I ordered my last Decware piece i have purchased 2 more HP amps, 1 DAC, speakers and also sold and traded 2 pieces. I don't even have the pre-amp I wanted to use w/ the piece I ordered...LOL funny not funny.

Sarah is AWESOME though and I appreciate her patience and assistance! Thank you again Sarah, for all you do!!!

Innuos Zenith MKIII > Lampizator Baltic3 > Vinnie Rossi L2iSE > SE341.5 or SE84UFO25, >> Heresy, K-horn, Philharmonic BMR, Ωmega Super 6XRS Alnico, LSIM703, Falcon LS3/5A, Steve's TR’s, Tube-Tots.
  IP Logged
DancingSea
Seasoned Member

Reply #197 - 11/06/21 at 21:59:39

The speaker list is a different waitlist 👍🏼

IP Logged
Bilyeaux
Seasoned Member

Reply #198 - 11/07/21 at 12:16:13

There was a delay from fest and Steve was sick, but is moving! I am two on list and salivating…….

ARC LS25MK2, UFO2.1 & Denafrips Pontus II DAC, PSA P300 Regen, Rega P6 w/ NEO and Rega MM Phono, Marantz CD6006, Bluesound Node 2i, Nakamitchi Cassette, Syzygy Sub, Omega JR XRS Towers & 74' Heresy rebuilt from Crites, ZWIRE speaker, DSRXLR, AQ connects
  IP Logged
Coyote
Seasoned Member

Reply #199 - 11/07/21 at 16:14:40

Autonotification brought me back here and here got me to the list...

So 6 position in 6 days.

Inching away towards the finish line.

Cheers,

a.

My modest system:
SE84UFO2.(2).
Marantz 2235.
Schiit Mani.
Technic SL23.
Oppo CD/DVD.
ATAUDIO 12TC Pure OCC.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 20
Send Topic Print