Send Topic Print
Fantastic power cable (Read 2507 times)
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Fantastic power cable
02/25/21 at 01:26:20

A few weeks ago, I received a new Decware power cable. All of my components are plugged in to my ZLC power conditioner, so my plan was to use the new power cable from the ZLC to the wall. Of course, I hoped for an improvement, but what I got was a very nice surprise.

Of all of the other power cords and interconnects I’ve put in the chain, this new cable made the most significant improvement. I spent the first few evenings listening to recordings that I know well, and was shocked to hear lots of detail I had never heard before, hearing further into the music than ever before.

I am really looking forward to seeing what happens as the cable breaks in fully. This one is a winner, and highly recommended!

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
Archie
Seasoned Member

Re: Fantastic power cable
Reply #1 - 02/25/21 at 02:35:27

I typically just accept what someone writes but seriously?  The power cable made a bigger impact than interconnects?  This stretches my credulity.  I'm not much of a cable guy, I guess.

ZLC
Technics 1200G TT w/ Ortofon Jubilee MC cart
ZMC1
ZP3 (25th A Mods)
ZR2 (25th A Mods)
CSP3 (25th A mods)
ZMA (25th A mods)
Homemade Big Betsy Speakers (F15s)
Silver Cabling
DIY Isolation platforms under amps & TT.
  IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #2 - 02/25/21 at 15:38:53

I don’t consider myself a cable guy either, and certainly wasn’t expecting that kind of improvement. I have several ZU power cables that I’ve used for several years that I thought were good. Could be that they were not that good and that the Decware cable is just significantly better than they are. But, since it is a Decware product, I will choose to believe that it is simply an exceptional cable. Smiley

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 02/25/21 at 16:55:40

My take on this is that when you have really good interconnects and these fantastic Decware components you can hear the changes that a power cord, and power treatment, and isolation make. Some are subtle, some are more than that. I've had a power cable make a really good impact on a component more than once. Most recently I got an Apple TV so that my wife can watch new HGTV shows. (Oh joy.) I have an excellent HDMI cable connecting it to other excellent HDMI cables that split the sound to the Universal Player and the TV. I liked the sound but decided to play around with the power cord feeding it and so I tried an Audioquest cord with a C7 connection. A slight improvement. Then I realized I had one cable that gave a warm and solid sound, an Anylisis Plus Oval Ten, and an IEC to C7 adaptor and hooked those up. BOOM. Using the DAC within the Universal Player and then to the Decware ZBIT, ZROCK2, pre and amp the sound improved considerably. The picture quality imroved a mite, but the sound was surprisingly transformed.

I've decided after a few decades of personal research Smiley Everything matters when you have these Decware components as the heartbeat of your system.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print