Decware Audio Forums
04/18/24 at 20:28:11 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
WTB, TABOO MK4 (Read 2282 times)
Nick324

WTB, TABOO MK4
02/17/21 at 11:37:38

I missed the last sale due to not having sufficient funds in hand, theN Gutenberg happened soooo  at this point i figured i have nothing to lose by at least asking. Looking for a decked out TABOO mk4 please, willingness to give you some cash so you can try out something else next.

Looking for TABOO mk 4, pm or email direct for quicker response, ngmimikop@gmail.com

Thank you,
Nick
Virginia 22408

Innuos Zenith MKIII > Lampizator Baltic3 > Vinnie Rossi L2iSE > SE341.5 or SE84UFO25, >> Heresy, K-horn, Philharmonic BMR, Ωmega Super 6XRS Alnico, LSIM703, Falcon LS3/5A, Steve's TR’s, Tube-Tots.
  IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Re: WTB, TABOO MK4
Reply #1 - 02/17/21 at 14:09:06

Nick,

You have quite an impressive array of gear. After owning a fully decked-out Taboo MK IV for 10 mos. now, you're in for a major treat. This amp is phenomenal, tone and transparency is supreme, and you won't be disappointed - I guarantee it.

IP Logged
Nick324

Reply #2 - 02/18/21 at 11:57:06

Thank you Piezoman, you have very nice  pieces yourself there good sir. Yea recently I acquired several Audeze HP’s and that gave me reason to think of a Taboo in seriousness. I have been able to peer them well with an Amps&Sound Pendant but I feel a Taboo would offer an overall sense of more width to the soundstage across the board and I already own excellent NOS tubes for one. Also I think it would offer a slightly improved bit of micro-detail and overal quality over my CSP2 which is a much older model with less upgrades. It works great and I’m very please but I want that extra bit of percentage a decked out taboo has under the hood

Innuos Zenith MKIII > Lampizator Baltic3 > Vinnie Rossi L2iSE > SE341.5 or SE84UFO25, >> Heresy, K-horn, Philharmonic BMR, Ωmega Super 6XRS Alnico, LSIM703, Falcon LS3/5A, Steve's TR’s, Tube-Tots.
  IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 02/18/21 at 15:17:05

Nick, thank you

The Taboo Mk-IV with 25th mods has an utterly phenomenal soundstage! It is quite shocking. The level of detail & just the right touch of warmth with the Audeze phones is beyond satisfying -- to my ears, its about as complete as it gets.

I bought the Taboo not just for headphones, but equally as important was performance with a good set of efficient speakers. You certainly have them in the Omegas!

The current Taboo is touted as a headphones amp, but I wanted both worlds at a pinnacle, and absolutely I got it with the Taboo MK IV-25th. I can't compare the all-out 25th mods version vs. non-modified, but we have another member in Lon who has had alot of Decware gear since near the beginning, and many systems before that. he can describe for you the differences between the 2 versions. He'll also tell you that the seaufo monoblocks w/25th mods is the BEST sound he ever heard.....and the Taboo MK IV w/25th mods is the SECOND BEST he ever heard. Of course, his system componentry being different than ours, each's ears, rooms, etc all come into play, but at least its some basis to appreciate.

Ironically, I'm spending ALOT of time listening with the speakers because its that damned good. Probably 85/15 with favor to speaker listening. You can forget this amp even has a connection for headphones and stay with speakers the rest of your life. Or you can put on those headphones and enjoy a different heaven. I am truly grateful to Steve for the brilliant engineering this marvel of an amp!

Good luck sir, I wish you the best in your hunt. If all else fails, the painfully loooong wait on a brand new build is always there for you.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #4 - 02/18/21 at 15:28:51

Brad has reported my sentiments exactly--though I have to also report that the ZROCK2 makes a huge difference and I never got to hear a Torii Mk II, Mk III or Rachel or Select that I had previously with the ZROCK2 and I know they would have shone brighter with the ZROCK2. Still the Taboo Mk IV, especially with the 25th Anniversary Mods, is a fantastic amp for speakers or headphones. My LCD-2 became inoperative (disappointing) but they sounded great on the IV as do the Oppo PM-1 that I have and the Sennheiser HD800S and the ZMF Ori--and a ZROCK2 makes them all sing on the amp (without the ZROCK2 the warmer LCD-2 would be the winner).

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Nick324

Reply #5 - 02/19/21 at 19:22:00

Thank you BOTH very much for the input, i expected nothing less from my choice of the newest Taboo. There are at least a dozen HP amplifiers not on display in my signature line, i feel the TABOO would bring just a little something missing to my collection and i like the dual use versatility. Eventually one shall be mine and now i also want a Zrock2 to play with...Thank’s Lon 🤣

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print