Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 12:17:44 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Feastrex Japanese drivers. (Read 1801 times)
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Feastrex Japanese drivers.
02/05/21 at 18:10:03

Does anyone have any experience with these drivers?  It’s a Japanese company that custom builds the drivers strictly by hand with Japanese paper.  

Here is the link to the main website page.  It’s in Japanese, but with a Google Chrome browser it should convert it to English.

http://feastrex.jp/indexeng.html

I came across the company by accident while I was on the Blumenstein Audio website.  Apparently you can configure the Orcas or the Marlin speakers with this special driver.  Nonetheless I was intrigued and had to look delve deeper down the rabbit hole.  

Go to their their product page to view their various configurations.  Their Monster Alnico 9 inch driver was impressive with a 104 dB sensitivity at 16 ohm.

The Naturalflux series seemed interesting as well...higher sensitivity full range drivers.  I wonder how they would work  in an open baffle design.

It looks like all of their drivers are rated 16 ohm’s, so unless you had your amp configured with the 16 ohm taps, then I guess it’s a no go.

I plan to give Clark Blummenstein a call to find out more, but figured I would share some information that piqued my interest.

Dominick

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Doug
Seasoned Member

Re: Feastrex Japanese drivers.
Reply #1 - 02/06/21 at 02:14:14

Long before Pure Audio Project emerged, I became fascinated by the OB speakers described in two online articles. Among others, Feastrex drivers were featured.  A pair of these (even the least expensive model) would likely substantially raise the sound quality of my PAP Quintets, but I have been unable to justify that kind of money for two full range drivers up to this point in time........maybe some day.

Here are the still-active links to those articles.......

https://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/ob2/1.html

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0107/diy_loudspeaker_project.htm...

Jay’s CD2T-Mk3
Denafrips Pontus II
ZROCK2 25th Mods
CSP3 25th & Custom Mods
PAP Quintets with Voxativ 1.6
First Watt J2 or Cary 300SEI
driving Voxativs—no crossover
LFD NCSE driving 15” Woofers
  IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #2 - 02/06/21 at 16:31:04

This peaked my interest, so I checked out their website. Their line of drivers must be absolutely amazing. They should be with the price tags. Check out what they call the ‘Monster Alnico’ driver😳😳😳

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
MrDerrick
Seasoned Member

May The Source Be
With You!

Reply #3 - 02/06/21 at 20:21:28

My Duo Omega Horns are 107dB at 18 ohms nominal.

My SE84UFO25 set to low impedance works quite well.

The field coil models intrigue me, I always wanted to give them a try.

1.4/1.5 MHz 20 Bit PCM Qobuz or SSD
HQPE - sonicTransporter i9
HQP Client - i3 Tablet
HQP NAA - Sonore Sig Series Rendu
USB > Holo KTE May > SA1X/47 > ZBIT > ZSTAGE25 > SE84UFO25
Avantgarde Duo Omega & Townshend Super Tweeters
IsoMax > Rives Parc > SUB225s
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print