Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 11:11:35 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tripp Lite Isolation Transformer (Read 2328 times)
BernardIE5317
Verified Member

Tripp Lite Isolation Transformer
02/04/21 at 18:42:50

Mr. Deckert recommends the Tripp Lite Isolation Transformer. May I please inquire if any have experience or knowledge of same as to their usefulness in audio including their audible transformer hum sound/noise level. Thank You Kindly Cheerios

Spendor A7 and BC1 speakers
Cambridge Audio Topaz SR10 integrated amplifier
Cambridge Audio Topaz CD10 CD player
Bang&Olufsen BEOGRAM RX turntable w/ MMC4 cartridge
SKW 6N OCC speaker cables
SKW 6N OCC interconnects
  IP Logged
lobo
Verified Member

Re: Tripp Lite Isolation Transformer
Reply #1 - 02/04/21 at 19:04:16

I use Toriod brand with good resuts and no hum.https://toroid.com/medical-isoboxes/

2xse84ufo 25th mods bridged-pontusII-SHD Studio-Liondias silver10 w15
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Tripp Lite Isolation Transformer
Reply #2 - 02/04/21 at 19:07:37

I spent a couple of restless years with the Tripp Lite transformers. . .two. . . one for analog and one for digital. Thought I was doing okay with them but there was a nagging bright edge to the high frequencies I kept chasing around and one other forum member mentioned he tracked this down to these transsformers. . . I removed them and thought he was right. (There's no proof that they were causing the issue, but the issue went away). I replaced them (well, I moved them into storage, I still have them somewhere) with PS Audio "Duet" four-plex conditioners, and then moved to a PS Audio Power Plant Premier, the first of three of the Power Plants I have and use.

I also have the Decware Zen Line Conditioner and it works imo about three times better than the Tripp Lites and does not have that edgy issue. If you can swing it that is a really good component to have.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print