Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 10:37:46 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Reviewer Herb Reichert's system, take the complete (Read 3101 times)
RJR
Seasoned Member

Reviewer Herb Reichert's system, take the complete
01/29/21 at 17:29:04

Worth watching entire episode from Steve Guttenberg Audiophiliac.  Very nice and appreciative video to watch.  He says great things about Steve D. and Decware.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQA_CPsp_y8

I have the Torii MK3 but always wanted a SET, too.  I better get in line because it may jump to around 500+ orders very fast.

IP Logged
DanG
Verified Member

Re: Reviewer Herb Reichert's system, take the complete
Reply #1 - 01/31/21 at 00:19:41

I watched this yesterday. They've got the SE84UFO25 displayed very prominently, tubes on, nice.

Well Tempered Lab Amadeus MK2 Turntable, Stereo & Mono carts, ZP3, SE84UFO, Lii Song Origin S-10, Audio Note CD1.1x
  IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 02/01/21 at 22:44:51

He also talks about discovering Decware late and not understanding why it took him so long (or something to that effect).  The word is getting out.  Here come the hipsters...

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
canonken
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 02/01/21 at 23:53:54

I saw it too.  Probably not the sort of setup some snobs will be happy about (they probably want a high-end audio dealer vibe) but I totally get it.

It also gives me license to build up my amp and speaker library.

IP Logged
DPC
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 02/02/21 at 11:12:32

There are some of us followers who view Decware as the endgame.

Then there are the "component if the month" people who will jump in for a while then move on to the next.

Sadly, I was in that group until Mr. Deckert' advise on the weakest link got thru my thick head.

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #5 - 08/12/21 at 06:49:51

We think Herb would fit in the Decware family rather well having similar artistic perspectives on things and a lot to teach. But I suspect as a reviewer it would be dangerous to join a tight manufacture based family like Decware or any other companies social circles for obvious reasons.

This really makes me sad because I would love to chill out with Herb and Steve G. for that matter here in the listening room at Decware and as well as get in the 72 Monte and put the loudness button on the Pioneer Super Tuner and the 94dB efficient 6x9's in the rear deck and listen to some Hendricks as we cruise out for breakfast after an all night listening session and rip one off on the way home on our country roads.

If I ever get back to New York I will stop in and pay them both a visit.  

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print