Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 22:36:30 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Listening to music you don't like? (Read 2163 times)
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Listening to music you don't like?
01/23/21 at 15:05:08

I asked this in "What's Spinning" but I think that it needs it's own thread.

Do you listen to music that you don't like just because the album sounds good?

When I say that I don't like the music I'm not talking about music I "hate" as much as music genres that I wouldn't normally listen to.

I'll listen to a little Jazz music because it sounds good while still not really caring for Jazz in the first place. The same as far as Classical, I'll listen, but not really enjoying it for what it is.

So, is it the sound or the performance that you enjoy?
For the most part I will say that I enjoy the performance more but I will listen just for the sonics on occasion.

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Listening to music you don't like?
Reply #1 - 01/23/21 at 15:48:16

My answer to that question is. . . pretty much no. If I don't like the music I don't spin it. I like a lot of music though! I mainly listen to music Donnie doesn't like much, jazz and classical,* with Brazilian music coming in third, and sixties/early seventies rock and blues coming in next. I'll listen to music that I like that doesn't sound great, but I won't listen to music I don't like even if it sounds great.

* In a large sense this is lucky because a large amount of jazz and classical music recordings are good to great--so I get to listen to both music I love and music that sounds good most of the time. The track record for these genres are better than some other. . . .

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
piezoman
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 01/28/21 at 15:21:14

I don't listen if I don't like the genre.

Rap, hip-hop and anything of the like definitely tops my list of most despised of anything that ever existed.

IP Logged
DanielLewis
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 05/19/21 at 06:49:29

Musical anhedonia is a neurological condition characterized by an inability to derive pleasure from music. People with this condition, unlike those suffering from music agnosia, can recognize and understand music but fail to enjoy it.

IP Logged
DanielLewis
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 05/25/21 at 06:45:36

That's great. I was impressed by your writing. I am happy to see such a topic. Please come to my blog and read it.
iMessage for Windows

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print