Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 10:41:25 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
BIAMPING your speakers (Read 3162 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

BIAMPING your speakers
01/09/21 at 19:17:12

WWW   IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Re: BIAMPING your speakers
Reply #1 - 01/09/21 at 21:54:29

Interesting experiment that Mr. Gutteberg conducts. However I’ve increased weight and body with an SE84C+ and SE84CKC using a ZStage. In other words I’m not sure how practical biamping is. Especially since one could easily strap two Zen amps into mono and get 6 watts instead of 4 watts with biamping.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
lazb
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 01/09/21 at 22:51:43

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing! 6 watts!!

IP Logged
dank
Seasoned Member

pair of dual 18
Imperials

Reply #3 - 01/10/21 at 00:18:36

I think bi-amping is less about power gain and more about keeping the high currents generated at the lower frequencies out of the circuits / cables that drive the mid-range/tweeter.

Dan

IP Logged
Jeff of Arabica
Seasoned Member

Name the greatest of
all inventors...
Accident.

Reply #4 - 01/10/21 at 07:30:02

Quote:
I think bi-amping is less about power gain and more about keeping the high currents generated at the lower frequencies out of the circuits / cables that drive the mid-range/tweeter.

Agreed

Canary Audio Grand Reference Monos//ZMA//Zen Ultra//Taboo MKIII//Waversa DAC3//ModWright Oppo UDP-205// PS Audio P20//Canary Audio MC-10//Van den Hul Colibri "Stradivarius"//FFYX T1803 TT//SonoruS Reel-to-Reel & tube playback preamp//Tannoy Westminster Speakers
  IP Logged
jcmusic
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 01/14/21 at 11:45:08

My system is tri amped and to me it's all about getting the proper xover points and correct time delay values for all of the drivers, then having an amp for each set of drivers low, mid, and highs with good phasing....

IP Logged
Lin
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 01/14/21 at 13:49:56

My system is tri amped and to me it's all about getting the proper xover points and correct time delay values for all of the drivers, then having an amp for each set of drivers low, mid, and highs with good phasing....

Active or passive?

The Audiophooliac is promoting passive in the video. Roll Eyes

IP Logged
canonken
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 01/16/21 at 18:26:34

Watched the video the day it came out.  Good info and interesting.  None of my speakers allow bi-wiring/amping, but of course I could do mono amps.

My eye did twitch seeing the mismatched rectifier, ha!  No problem for bi-amping, but if running as monoblocks might do some strange things.

IP Logged
jcmusic
Verified Member

Reply #8 - 01/26/21 at 11:16:53

Active or passive?

Sorry I forgot to mention, active using pro audio DSP Xilica XP 4080.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print