Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 13:03:38 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Subwoofer with Rachael (Read 5348 times)
CDN
Verified Member

It is what it is

Subwoofer with Rachael
01/05/21 at 16:22:06

I should be receiving my Rachael amp shortly. In my system I currently have an REL t/7i subwoofer. Does anyone have experience using a sub with this amp? I am not sure if it will be able to drive it (my speakers are Pure Audio Project with 94db sensitivity). If so, I presume the hookup is the same as with any other amp.

IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Re: Subwoofer with Rachael
Reply #1 - 01/05/21 at 17:26:42

Congrats on the upcoming delivery of your amp. I have the same amp and have run our Omega sub off of it since day one. I settled on speaker level instead of running it line level, just seemed more synergistic of the two possible ways to me. You should have NO problem. Post your findings when the happy day arrives...and as the amp breaks in. Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
CDN
Verified Member

It is what it is

Reply #2 - 01/14/21 at 02:29:18

I received the Rachael yesterday and hooked it up with the REL t/7i subwoofer. It works perfectly - in addition, I am blown away by the sound I am getting - quite an improvement over the First Watt SIT-3, and I think that is a very high quality, good sounding amp.

IP Logged
Tommy Freefall
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 01/15/21 at 22:06:35

CDN, wow that's quite a statement, as the SIT-3 is highly regarded.

Congratulations on your Rachael.
I love mine.

Torii MkIV w/ 25th ann mods
Rachael SE34I.5
Benchmark AHB2
ERRx
ZStage, ZRock2
Tascam CD-240
Border Patrol DAC
Benchmark DAC3 HGC
Bluesound Node
Zu Audio Mission speaker cables
Decware I/Cs
PI Audio MiniBUSS
Zenhead, Grado 325e
  IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #4 - 01/16/21 at 01:14:50

CDN- Congrats on the amp!! WE love ours, you will experience all manor of amazing as the amp breaks in. I gave our Decware gear about 4 good months before I started playing with tube swapping and such. Great gear, it will show you what your weak links are and let you hear every change you make. Nothing i like more than just getting buried in the music (or live music videos). Keep us posted on your run down the rabbit hole, this is a great place to collect data, info, humor and such. Happy listening, Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
CDN
Verified Member

It is what it is

Reply #5 - 03/03/21 at 00:39:40

I now have a 60 hz hum in my subwoofer. I have read every article I could get my hands on relative to eliminating it, and none of the tricks of the trade have worked. It is related to the Rachael amp, any ideas?

IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #6 - 03/03/21 at 01:40:46

CDN - Is it only in your sub? Not in the mains? How are you driving the REL, high level or low level? If you are using the REL supplied speaker level cable, and it worked perfectly before, what changed? After learning the very hard way, I only change one thing at a time until I have a firm mental grip (my wife will argue) about what the change brought. If you plug the sub into AC with no input and sub volume down all the way, do you get hum? What about when you raise the sub volume a touch do you hear hum? So a month ago everything worked perfect per your post on 1-15. You can float the ground on a three prong AC plug, but that invites safety issues and bring it's own problems. Keep us posted on this, it will get solved. Chris.

IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #7 - 03/03/21 at 03:36:02

CDN,

Are you connected hi-level from sub to Rachael?

If so, in addition, run a single piece of speaker wire between left negative speaker terminal and right negative terminal. I had my wire run with a banana plug on each end, and just plugged each end into the top of each negative terminal.  That should take care of it. Don’t thank me - thank Steve Grin

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7
Otari MX5050-Bll2 R2R
ZLC Power Cond.
Lii Audio PT-10/W-15 in open baffles
  IP Logged
CDN
Verified Member

It is what it is

Reply #8 - 03/03/21 at 05:16:40

It is a miracle! Running the wire between negative posts and the hum is gone! I am very grateful to you (and Steve) for figuring this out and responding to my post.

IP Logged
Geno
Seasoned Member

Without music, life
would be a mistake.

Reply #9 - 03/03/21 at 13:41:09

👌

(2)SE84UFO(Balanced Monoblocs) OR Sansui AU-222
Crown sub amp
Cambridge Audio CXN(ModWright) • ZBIT
SL-1210MK5(KAB Mods) Soundsmith Aida MKll cart • Darlington Labs MP-7